2013 Ticats FAQ's

Hey Fans!

With the excitement surrounding the 2013 Tiger-Cats season, we've been getting a lot of questions from the fans. We've made a quick list of some of your most frequently asked questions with the proper answers. If you have any more questions please let your Account Service Representative know, we'd me more than happy to help! Thanks for all of your Tiger-Cats support!

Frequently Asked Questions - Season Seat Holders 2013

1. What is my 2013 season seat location?
All 2013 season seat holders, both full season and 5Pack holders, have been sent an email indicating their seat location at Alumni Stadium in Guelph. If you have any questions regarding your seat selection, contact your Account Service Representative at 905-547-2287.

2. How and when do I get my 2013 season seat tickets?
All season seat tickets will be mailed out to season seat holder addresses on file by the end of May. Season seat holders should expect tickets in their mailboxes by the second week of June. If fans have not received their tickets by June 17 they are asked to contact their Account Service Representative. Please note: if you have changed your address in past 12 months and not informed the Ticats organization, please do so immediately.

3. How will the Ticats Ticket Exchange work? When will it be available for season seat holders?
The Ticats Ticket Exchange will be available through our website. Season seat holders, who are unable to use their individual game tickets, can sell them to other fans through this exchange. This will be available, with guidelines and tutorials, before the start of the season.

4. What if, after the first game, I want to change my season seat location?
Season seat holders will be able to upgrade seats based on availability of seats for remaining games. If you are interested, simply contact your Account Service Representative at the Ticats office.

5. What price will I pay for an additional individual game ticket?
Season seat holders will receive all additional individual game tickets at the 2013 season seat holder rate. Check out our pricing chart : http://www.ticats.ca/2013-price-chart

6. What type of concessions will Alumni Stadium have?
Alumni Stadium will have similar concessions as Ivor Wynne. Both the West and East side will serve beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and food throughout the game.

7. Can I purchase parking at Alumni Stadium?

Yes, you can purchase a full season parking pass or you can purchase individual game parking passes. To see pricing and the 2013 Parking Map: http://www.ticats.ca/parking

8. When do I have to book my Findlay Fan Shuttle ticket?

All shuttle bookings must be done well in advance as seats are subject to availability. This is to help ensure the proper amount of buses are available. For full season and individual game pricing, and bus locations: http://www.ticats.ca/page/findlayfanexpress Please note: All bus tickets need to be purchased a minimum of 48 hours before game day as bus tickets will NOT be sold day of the game.

9. When do tickets go on sale for Ticats season seat holders in Moncton? How do I buy my tickets?

Season seat holders will be able to purchase tickets to Moncton ahead of the public on-sale. On May 16 all details will be released by the CFL. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats organization will not be selling tickets or ticket packages to Moncton.

10. When can I pick my seat for 2014 in the new stadium?
Selection dates and further information regarding the 2014 renewal will be sent out in early Summer 2013. Seat selection process will begin late Summer 2013.

Question - how will season's seat holders receive a credit or refund for the game that was moved to Moncton? My ST renewal was based on 10 regular-season games, not nine...

Of course, I meant nine regular season games, not eight. Oops.

ramonecat: Your season seats were based on 10 games , 9 regular season ones and 1 preseason , at least mine were , the answer to your refund credit for the Moncton game can be found on the Ti-cat web site , click on " The Ticket Tab" and then click on "Touchdown Atlantic FAQ's" . You should find the answer's there. Cheers

Thanks, Mr. Pike. The FAQ addresses the question perfectly. Oskee Wee Wee! :rockin: