2013 Predictions

While the regular training camps will begin tomorrow and there are still 26 days before the beginning of the 2013 regular season, I do nevertheless include my predictions,at this time,with regards to final standing at the end of regular season. I do know that injuries, during training camps and pre-season games, may eventually alter these predictions. These predictions don't include,at this time, games won and lost by each team. I will include my final predictions,including wins and losses, a few days before beginning of 2013 regular season.

East Division:
Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton
Winnipeg

West Division:
Saskatchewan
Calgary
BC
Edmonton

May the 2013 CFL season be a great one.

Richard

Curious to know your rationale, Richard, for putting BC third in the west ?

I predict buck pierce doesn't make it through the season and retires.

My main reason for putting BC in the third,at this time, is because of their QB situation. I don't know if/don't think that Lulay is 100% and they don't have a good number 2. Also their defensive line. Not much depth. Could play a 3-4 defence.

I may change my mind,after the pre-season games.

Richard

Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton
Winnipeg

British Columbia
Calgary
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

Well, those two factors don't lead me to think BC is in any trouble. Unlike most here, I am still high on Joey Elliott, and Rich Stubler is the DC there and he has oodles of experience at running a 3/4 defence.

I think the east will be in the air, Montreal and Toronto are without a doubt clinching number 1 & 2 barring a collapse on Montreal due to their new coach. The west will be strong as always, I'm gonna say BC looks like they'll grab 1st with Calgary and Saskchewan fighting it out in round 1. I think the real question will be if Edmonton crosses over or if Hamilton squeezes it's way in. Winnipeg I'm still predicting being in the basement.

Post season

BC will be in the pole, but I give 40% chance that either Sask or Calgary slips past them. The west has always been more competitive and both teams have energy going into this, Sask because they are hosting and Calgary because they made it last year.

Montreal to me is still the favourite, but TO isn't far behind since they have Ricky Ray in the single most BS trade this league has ever seen. I think Hamilton or Edmonton will slip past Montreal or Toronto but not get past both of them. I give 50/50 odds we'll see Montreal or Toronto at the cup this year.

Anyone that places Saskatchewan in 3rd place is a fool! You aren't paying very good attention to the off season!

Here goes mine...

East:
Toronto 11-7
Hamilton 9-9
Montreal 8-10
Winnipeg 6-12

West:
Saskatchewan 11-7
BC 10-8
Calgary 9-9
Edmonton 8-10

Rational and Predictions
In the East I feel Toronto is ready to make the leap, it won't be another mediocre season barring a Ray or Owens injury. Hamilton having added pieces to their defense will help, Montreal, rookie coach, OC Brady is gone, Calvillo will still be Calvillo but I feel with less UMPH in his game, I feel their defense will cost them a few key games down the stretch. Winnipeg I still don't trust buck or their supporting cast, Defense is still good but that QB situation worries me.

In the West, I feel Calgary is going to go with Bo Levi as back up, Glenn will be released, Tate will get injured and Bo will not be ready to shoulder the load. Edmonton has an uneasy QB situation there will be growing pains. I feel that since the Riders went from 5-13 to 8-10 it's not unreasonable to say we improve by 3 more wins. We are a more mature team, with a year of experience I wouldn't expect to see any 5 game slides this year knock on wood

IF Tate stays healthy then I could easily see them going 12-6. As for BC I feel the loss of Bruce, and Simon will hurt Lulay than what people are giving that situation credit for.

Individual Predictions for the Riders.
Durant will have a +6 TD-INT ratio will throw at least 28TD's
Sheets will fall short of "mission2k" but still leads the league with 1400 yards and 12 rushing TDs
Simon will have an impact but more so in the catches department
Dressler will lead the team in catching yards and TD's
The Oline will not allow more than 30 sacks
Anderson will get ejected from one game but our Foley and Chick form the best tandem since Chick and Baggs, manage a combined 15.5 sacks together.

pretraining camp picks.
east
hamilton
montreal
toronto
winnipeg

west
edmonton
bc
calgary
saskatchewan

East:

1. Hamilton (I’ve picked this nearly for the past 5 years, so they’re due)
  2. Montreal
  3. Toronto
  4. Winnipeg

West:

1. BC
  2. Saskatchewan
  3. Calgary
  4. Edmonton

Solid predictions, can I ask why you have Toronto ranked 3rd?

Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton
Winnipeg

British Columbia
Calgary
Saskatchewan
Edmonton, although with Riley as QB they should bump SK for third

They got hot at the right time last year, and weren't anything special in the regular season. They were a 9-9 team that allowed 40 more points than they scored. Everything went right for them and they carried the momentum of the 100th Grey Cup at home to a championship, I can't see them repeating that success. They might still be 9-9 this year though.

Also I just think Hamilton will be better, and Montreal will be Montreal.

EDIT: Looked at last years standings, and I didn't realize that EVERY SINGLE east team allowed more points than they scored. I see Winnipeg being bad again, and Hamilton having better D with Austin (although that shouldn't be hard, they were horrific).

Richard, BC has never had as much talent and depth on D. Last year's stingy D got younger and faster in the off-season (Reddick and Parker gone). Now, things can change. Injuries can occur and chemistry of course is an intangible and can be fleeting. But on paper at least, the coaches and GM are going to have some really tough decisions to make as to who gets cut (or put on the PR). Where they may be exposed is safety with the oft-unjured J.R. LaRose pencilled in as the starter and raw rookie Matt McGarva in behind him. But with the likes of Keron Williams, Julius Williams, Adam Bighill, and Solomon Elimimian rushing the quarterback and an experienced secondary in front of him, it may not matter as much.

I agree to a certain extent about quarterbacking. Although Travis Lulay is 100%, CFL QBs seldom play all 18 and while I feel a whole lot better they signed Joey Elliott, there was certainly more of a comfort level with Reilly backing him up. 2nd year man Thomas DeMarco will be battling Elliott in camp (he looked very good in limited action last year but is a small guy).

I believe the club has full confidence in DeMarco. i will be fairly surprised if he is not #2. He will get some good action in preseason, and I do not believe people will be disappointed.

East:
Tiger-Cats
Alouettes
Argonauts
Blue Bombers

West:
Lions
Roughriders
Stampeders
Eskimos

East:
Montreal
Hamilton
Toronto
Winnipeg

West:
BC
Calgary
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Toronto 12-6
Hamilton 9-9
Montreal 6-12
Winnipeg 5-13

Saskatchewan 12-6
Calgary 11-7
B.C. 9-9
Edmonton 8-10

I guess I'll throw in some predictions of my own, though I'm no expert on this. :stuck_out_tongue:

East
Montreal (11-7)
Hamilton (10-8)
Toronto (8-10)
Winnipeg (6-12)

West
B.C. (11-7)
Saskatchewan (11-7)
Edmonton (8-10)
Calgary (7-11)