2013 minicamp

Blue Bombers announce details of mini-camp Monday, April 22nd, 2013

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will host a three day mini-camp beginning Wednesday, April 24th, until Friday April 26th at the Winnipeg Indoor Soccer Complex (211 Chancellor Matheson Road).

All practices will be open to the media and fans are encouraged to attend all three days of mini-camp. Players and Head Coach Tim Burke will be available to media at the Winnipeg Indoor Soccer Complex following each day. All assistant coaches will also be available on Wednesday. There are no filming restrictions during mini-camp.

Wednesday, April 24, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 25, 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
Friday, April 26, 10:00 a.m. – 12noon

The following players will be attending mini-camp:

Quarterbacks – Buck Pierce, Max Hall, Chase Clement

Running Backs – Chris Garrett, Will Ford

Receivers – Kito Poblah, Clarence Denmark, Chris Matthews, Rory Kolhert, Isaac Anderson, Cory Watson, Wallace Miles, Doug Pierce, Jade Etienne, Jameze Massey

Offensive Linemen – Chris Greaves, Chris Kowalczuk, Steve Morley, Paul Swiston, Glenn January

Defensive Linemen – J.T. Gilmore

Linebackers- Pierre-Luc Labbe, Henoc Muamba, Rene Stephan, Terrell Parker

Defensive Backs – Cauchy Muamba, Teague Sherman, Dan West, Jawann Westerman, Desia Dunn, Jonathan Hefney, Jeremy McGee, Brandon Stewart, Demond Washington

A printed roster will be available at mini-camp and may reflect any last minute changes.

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/blue-bombers-announce-details-of-mini-camp

Couple of thoughts. Goltz I read was unavailable due to a pending birth, understandably.

At RB - No Volny or Woodson? Both could use some work after missing time due to injury in 2012.
OL - Would've liked to see last years first pick Pencer getting some work in, also getting Brendan Dunn some time.
DL - surprised only Gilmore is coming in. They have a couple of recent signings, DeGrate and Frazier that would've been nice to get a look at.
LB - looks like full attendance for the guys on the roster. But this group consists of 3 NI and one IMP, need more competition/depth behind parker for the WILL, would've been nice to see another body or two getting a look there. There's still time to add competition before camp obviously but still its a bit of a concern for now.
DB - good group, not surprised at the names not coming, though I believe Jovo was in attendance last year.

Last year they came up with a few surprises for us at the very last minute:

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed import receiver Chris Matthews and non-import offensive lineman Will Henry, the team announced today. Both players will be on the field for the team’s minicamp beginning today and running until Friday.

Posted: April 25, 2012

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed import defensive lineman Alex Hall, import linebacker Terrell Parker and import defensive back Demond Washington, the team announced today.

Posted: April 24, 2012

http://www.bluebombers.com/news/index/page/27

Be nice if they could do that again.

Surprises indeed. Hall, Matthews, Washington all contributed in big ways last year. Would be nice if lighting struck twice.

....A rumoured player we 'might see' is linebacker Javicz Jones 6' 224....Watched a vid. on him. .. Quite impressive ... He has had nfl looks and interest.....Might see him at tc. orrrrr it could be someone deaming in high-definition... :roll:

What are the expectations of this camp? I mean is it optional for players? For sure you would think it helps make an impression on the coaching staff if you are there, and at least look half decent. But for the newbies it should be mandatory to get some of the ins & outs.

From what was said he won't be signing with anyone until after the NFL draft. The Bombers website said this:

The following players will be attending mini-camp:

Quarterbacks – Buck Pierce, Max Hall, Chase Clement

Running Backs – Chris Garrett, Will Ford

Receivers – Kito Poblah, Clarence Denmark, Chris Matthews, Rory Kolhert, Isaac Anderson, Cory Watson, Wallace Miles, Doug Pierce, Jade Etienne, Jameze Massey

Offensive Linemen – Chris Greaves, Chris Kowalczuk, Steve Morley, Paul Swiston, Glenn January

Defensive Linemen – J.T. Gilmore

Linebackers- Pierre-Luc Labbe, Henoc Muamba, Rene Stephan, Terrell Parker

Defensive Backs – Cauchy Muamba, Teague Sherman, Dan West, Jawann Westerman, Desia Dunn, Jonathan Hefney, Jeremy McGee, Brandon Stewart, Demond Washington

Goltz won't be there because his wife is due to give birth to their first child soon.

Not sure about Javicz jones, but Dexter Davis Jr. reporting on twitter the bombers are bringing him up to TC. Looks like he's a DE. Won't be at minicamp though.

Have you seen the video on this guy Davis?

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq1olIS58yc&feature=player_embedded]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq1olIS ... r_embedded[/url]

I don't usually pay much attention to these things but Davis jumped out of the screen at me. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in TC.

If he can learn to adapt to the 1 yard rule and not go off side, he could turn out to be a pretty good edge rusher indeed.

Some QB video from mini-camp from the Bombers YouTube feed (also at their website):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcP2brJIi1Y

Although not listed on the hand-out Johny Sears is at the MiniCamp.

Jade Ettiene is getting some very positive reports on both the Bomber Forums and I agree. He's said to have put on about 10 pounds of, what looks to me as, upper body weight.

Another point, that hasn't been mentioned elsewhere, is that they were already doing some interesting special teams drills. Dickenson looks to be on top of things.

Hes a great coach. A very good off season signing. Could be your next HC.

Nah, then he'd have to give up his offseason job, which he doesn't want to do and one of the reasons why he left the Riders :wink:. Who knows what his aspirations are but I'm looking forward to what he can bring to special teams for sure though.

Wow, I usually don't put too much stock into these vids either, but this one really impressed me. Would love to see him at camp!

Our Lb'ers do seem pretty weak/thin right now. I'm going to throw it out that Washington gets the SAM spot, but we need some bodies there for the real camp.

....Who is that kid catching everything thrown his way and impressing the heck out of everyone at the mini..Why it's Jade Etienne our first rounder of awhile back :smiley: ...I hope he keeps it up...He's looking a lot heavier according to some and has been showing the great hands he had in the CIS....Is it too early to expect that Jade has finally arrived...Maybe andjust maybe Mack knew what he was doing all the time :roll: Of the qbs. ..Buck is bang-on (just a shame he can't stay healthy)...Hall looks to be the better of the two new signees...Hall has a stronger arm than Clement and looks to be ahead of the game with pin-point passes....... Jameze Massey is looking good.. Runs like a deer but can he hold on to the ball...TC. should give us a better assessment on exactly what talent we've brought in :thup:

I love this time of year. All the positive hopes and expectations. Dexter looks like my kind of guy. Hope he impresses. Either one or both of the new QBs could be the future. All looks well.

The Bombers have added a video from day 2 of mini-camp to their website and YouTube feed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL3pSxZBf3E

Thanks Blue Blood, that was good. I just hope Cauchy is close to playing as good as Henoc, because in my opinion, I think Henoc is the best player on the team. Hope you read this Henoc.

Anybody go? If so how did Clement and Hall look?

...Henoc certainly is a big asset with a huge future ahead of him...I have one worry bout him though dan and that's how are we going to keep him 'down on the farm' when the nfl comes knockin'...He's certainly going to get looks in the future??? :roll: For now I hope he rips up the league :rockin: