2012 Tiger-Cat draft pick to play in BCS bowl

Courtney Stephen, a 2012 Tiger-Cat draft pick (eighth overall) will be playing in the Orange Bowl on January 1. Stephen's NIU Huskies will take on Florida State On New Year's Day. Just thought people would like to know as it is not often that a future CFLer plays in such a high-profile game.

Mike Atkinson DT 6'0" 306 Windsor Ont. will hopefully play in the Las Vegas Bowl Dec 22. He was a Cat draft pick in 2012 and plays for Boise State. Mike missed the last game of the season with an injury. Boise State was 10 - 2 in the regular season and will play Washington. :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Atkinson tore his ACL back in October.

Kind of a joke that N.Illinois made a BCS game but it’ll be cool to see one of our highly touted prospects playing on one of the biggest stages in college football. Although I can’t see them being very competitive against the Noles.

Same thing was said not too long ago about Boise State and Utah, and we all know how that turned out. While this does have more of a Hawaii feel to it (they were blown out in their BCS bowl appearance), the Huskies do have some good football players, especially their QB who they say is Johnny Football lite, and might be able to keep it close. I tend to root for the underdog, so I’m hoping that Northern Illinois can pull off the upset. If not, like you said, it will be cool to see a future Tiger-Cat play in a big-time bowl game. Doesn’t happen very often.