2012 Grey Cup

For the next 100 hours, ticket deposits can be made for $50.00 to guarantee a spot at next year's game in Toronto.

I know it's in Toronto, and at the terrible building of Rogers Centre - but its the 100th Grey Cup and should be a great celebration for the league, the teams that make it, the fans and the country!

http://100thgreycupfestival.ca/

Maybe our Tiger Cats will be playing and we can give them a home crowd!

Click below, this will take you directly to the deposit page.

[url=http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000476FF1EFA573?brand=greycup100&lang=en-ca]http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/100047 ... lang=en-ca[/url]

I gotta talk to some of my buddies to see what they are saying on this one.

I don't want to put down a $50 non-refundable deposit for 100 Grey Cup tickets, if us Ti-Cat season ticket holders get preferential treatment. Help Ti-Cats employees .... do I wait for the Ti-Cat season ticket deal, or forge ahead and plop down the $50 bones through Ticketmaster?

By the way ... $399 for the best "Double Blue" tickets ... a little much!

Tigertim

Just returned from BC last night. Great time and we already put our deposit down for 2012. I have no problem paying $400 for tix considering we paid $235 for this year’s game + another $600 for air.

Can’t wait for the 2012 Season to start. Oskee Wee Wee

I've done so as well. Rogers Centre not my favourite stadium but it's the 100th and the city where the first official GC was played. Was bummed out I couldn't go to this year's.

Bargain considering a Leafs game for tickets for hockey can run you close to this amount for some seats, a regular season hockey game for pete sakes. yikes, but I get it that the Leafs are so "popular". Why is beyond me but that's the way it is. :?

Posting the same thing 3 times in a row Earl? You must be really excited to go! :smiley: :lol:

Not that excited PiCat, on my computer today the forums have been screwed up, haven’t been able to view them or post and when I did this one it the screen froze. I don’t know, I’m no computer guy. :?

Anyways, sorry but not in my control.

Better get your tickets soon, ticket sales are going fast, just Monday alone there were over 10,000 tickets sold and thats not including the Argos Season Ticket Holders. :thup:

TORONTO – To celebrate the one-year countdown to the historic 100th Grey Cup championship, Toronto’s 100th Grey Cup Festival Committee will be offering an exclusive 100-hour nationwide general public access window to 100th Grey Cup tickets, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Monday, November 28. Fans from across the country will be able to place a $50 deposit per ticket, guaranteeing their place at this once-in-a-lifetime cultural and sporting event. Once this window is over, access to tickets will once again go back in the vault and will not be available for purchase to the general public until June 2012.

Chris Rudge, Chairman and CEO, 100th Grey Cup Festival, commented, “We are excited to allow fans from across this great nation a chance to secure their seats to this monumental game ahead of the general public on-sale and begin to plan their trips to Toronto to take part in all that the Festival will offer. Demand for the 100th Grey Cup game is very high and we encourage fans to take advantage of the access period now to avoid disappointment.?

During the 100 hour period, which takes place from Monday, November 28 at 10:00 a.m. EST until Friday, December 2 at 2:00 p.m. EST, fans can log onto http://www.100thgreycupfestival.ca and place a deposit on up to 8 tickets. Fans can also request a specific seat category, subject to availability, with prices ranging from $150 - $399. Argos season ticket holders will receive first access, ahead of the general public, to their same seats or equivalent. The 100 hour window purchasers will receive seat assignments following Argos season ticket holders and the CFL.

Hey, it's alright. I'm just teasin'. These things are usually the fault of computers or slow internet connections.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=381549

Toronto – The 100th Grey Cup Festival Committee is thrilled to announce that during the first 12 hours of the 100-hour general public access window, Canadian football fans locked up more than 10,000 tickets to the big game!

To celebrate the one-year countdown to the historic 100th Grey Cup championship, Toronto's 100th Grey Cup Festival Committee has offered an exclusive 100-hour nationwide general public access window to 100th Grey Cup tickets. The window opened at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Monday, November 28. Fans from across the country have been able to place a $50 deposit per ticket, guaranteeing their place at this once-in-a-lifetime cultural and sporting event. Once this window is over, access to tickets will not be available for purchase by the general public until June 2012.

During the 100 hour period, which takes place from Monday, November 28 at 10:00 a.m. EST until Friday, December 2 at 2:00 p.m. EST, fans can log onto http://www.100thgreycupfestival.ca and place a deposit on up to 8 tickets. Fans can also request a specific seat category, subject to availability, with prices ranging from $150 - $399. Argos season ticket holders will receive first access, ahead of the general public, to their same seats or equivalent. The 100 hour window purchasers will receive seat assignments following Argos season ticket holders and the CFL.

I hope they do a re-enactment of the 1909 Grey Cup at Rosedale Field in the days prior, like the War of 1812 re-enactment they do at the Battle of Stoney Creek which I've been to and it's cool. That would be super. Just an hour or two thingy. Get the old garb on and all of that. I guess I'm a sort of a romantic, if you will, historian at heart.

Ah, love this pic:

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/league/images/en/inside/2010/06/Grey_Cup_2012_Rosedale_14848.jpg

Recieved via e-mail from the Ti Cats today.

With the completion of the 99th Grey Cup in Vancouver this past weekend, another season of CFL football is in the books. The Grey Cup weekend is always a fantastic celebration of Canadian heritage and the sport of Canadian football.
Now, our focus shifts to the 2012 season and the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto next year. We would like to inform you that 2012 Tiger-Cats Season Seat Holders will be given a pre-sale window to purchase 100th Grey Cup tickets in advance of the general public.

The 100th Grey Cup committee has recently launched a deposit program for fans to reserve their position to purchase tickets to this monumental event. As a 2012 Ticats Season Seat Holder, your pre-sale window will be in advance of this group as well.

Tickets to the 100th Grey Cup will range from $150-399 per ticket based on seat location and availability. Prices do not include appropriate taxes or service charges.
We expect your window to purchase an exact seat location should be in the spring of 2012. We will keep you posted and inform you when the timing of this pre-sale date is confirmed. Keep in mind that this limited offer is subject to availability. Available inventory will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

Oskee Wee Wee,

Tcmik

I'm deposting 4 McKenzie Kings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_fifty-dollar_bill tonight on some, what I hope are, Double Blue Tx for the 100th GC!

Boom! :rockin: :cowboy: :smiley:

Why wasn't this announced earlier, then I wouldn't have done the other thing here? :?

Well if it matters at all, I believe you'll receive better seats because you put your money down now rather than in the spring.

Every ticket is first come, first serve. The only thing the Tiger Cat STH offer gets you, is avoiding the deposit and pay in full.

Thanks realistic, appreciate that.

According to the e-mail if you read it close Ti Cat season Ticket holders will have first choice on seating ahead of the deposit group.

quote The 100th Grey Cup committee has recently launched a deposit program for fans to reserve their position to purchase tickets to this monumental event. As a 2012 Ticats Season Seat Holder, your pre-sale window will be in advance of this group as well. end quote

If it is any consulation I called Ticketmaster and bronze and silver seating is almost full. I could not put a reserve on three seats in either. go figure
tcmik

Ya I saw that, but unless each team has reserved seats in certain sections how is it possible for Tiger Cat STH to be in advance of all of this…especially now that most sections are sold out.

Based on other STH offers we receive (i.e. to Argo games) tickets will only be available in certain sections, like Double Blue, Platinum. I would rather put my deposit down now for the cheaper sections, and pay the remaining later (it won’t hurt the wallet as much).

But who really knows, the team provided a lack of information in this email…

Yes, thought that was the case. I really hope that people like ourselves who put the deposit first with Grey Cup 2012 get the best seats available ahead of the TigerCats with the email sent out after the Grey Cup 2012 was available. If not that is bad.

Actually, come to think of it, the TigerCats should make arrangements with Ticketmaster to link up people like myself as a season ticket holder and be able to choose the seats having gone through the Grey Cup 2012 site.