2011 Vanier Cup in London

Come on Londoners...how awesome would it be if our city hosted the 2011 Vanier Cup at TD Waterhouse?!

Now...who can we start to bug to make this happen?

London has a great university stadium, unfortunately it's not a very good football town as not many locals support the Mustangs which is very sad since it's one of the best programs in all of Canada. I guess London is too wimpy of a town to be outside in the elements, they just want to be indoors to watch hockey. Wimps! :lol: :lol: :lol:

London doesn't deserve the Vanier Cup at this point in time but if someone there puts up the cash to the CIS, they'll listen I'm sure.

And once the Brits saw how much more exciting the Canadian game is, maybe Wimbleton can host a CFL game instead of an NFL game.

London England…right?

You’re right. London fans are a little strange. Even at Knights games (which is pretty much the only team the city supports) you can hear a pin drop unless there is a goal or a fight. It would be so nice if London would start to get behind their non-hockey teams (Mustangs football and Majors baseball)

I guess my thinking is that hosting the Vanier Cup might be just the thing to open the eyes of sports fans in London and get them excited about football.

Earl, Western has the 3rd or 4th highest CIS football attendance.

I’m from London and been to many Western games, the student side is generally lacking fans on many games. I’d love to see London host a Vanier Cup and really do it big, I’d be there for sure.

Does anybody know when the announcment will come as to who will be hosting next years Vanier? Any guesses?

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/cis/story/?id=259296&lid=sublink010&lpos=headlines_main]http://www.tsn.ca/cis/story/?id=259296& ... lines_main[/url]

NEXT year…2011. 2010 is THIS year. :slight_smile:

Oops. Well, here’s my attempt to save myself. The announcement for the 2009 year was made in late 2008 (November or December, depending on whether TSN uses M/D/Y format or D/M/Y for dates), suggesting we won’t find out about 2011 until late in 2010.

(Funny thing, math is my area expertise, but I always get foiled when actual numbers are used rather than variables…)

With all of the stadium projects that are going on amongst CFL teams, I wonder if we’ll see the Vanier Cup getting hosted in those in upcoming years. Perhaps it’ll be McGill in 2011.

Good thinking on McGill. I think you may be right, although I would place University of Moncton atop the list, with all the excitment about the Edmonton/Toronto game this September at the brand new stadium.

Damn, I fear I will be waiting a while to see the Vanier come to London. :cry: