2011 Schedule Release

Last year, we had only one home with Toronto (out of 4 if you include the pre-season), so this year, I imagine we’ll have two. Even the non-Labour-day home games against Toronto tend to do well. Hopefully the increased revenues from the two home games will make up for the lost revenues from the missing Labour Day Classic.

Let’s just kick them out of the league – then we’ll all be better off.

Someone is a little dramatic.

Looks like I was wrong.

Here’s the 2011 schedule

http://www.ticats.ca/schedule/year/2011/6

Apart from the Labour Day thing I actually don't mind the schedule at all. Only one Thurs game and it's away. Games in MTL on a Sunday might make it possible to do a train trip there...hint hint

Alright, so we are getting a Moncton game. What's the plan for the season ticket holders?

Please review our Frequently Asked Questions page about the Moncton game. This page includes all information that Season Seat Holders need to know regarding their seats for the 2011 season.

http://www.ticats.ca/page/moncton-q-a

[url]http://www.cfl.ca/schedule/year/2011/time_zone/0[/url] :smiley: :lol: :smiley:

Hopefully the Team will organize some buses to go down to the game! Any word on them thinking about that?

Q: I’m a Tiger-Cats Season Seat Holder. What happens now that a home game will be played in Moncton?
Ticats Season Seat Holders will receive a credit equal to the amount of one regular season game that will be applied towards your seats for a potential 2011 home playoff game. You may also apply the credit to any additional 2011 regular season home game at Ivor Wynne Stadium, including the Labour Day Classic.
To apply your Season Seat credit toward a regular season home game or if you have any questions, please contact your service team at 905-547-CATS.

Season ticket holders also get the first crack at tickets to the Moncton game.

Nice distribution of home away games, and variety of teams unlike the winnipeg funny stuff last year at the start of the season

no back2kcab home games either except for the home-away game in Moncton, although there is not a direct reference to that on the schedule on ticats.ca...

fan friendly over-all

WOW, only 3 subscribers only as the schedule is announced!!!!

So not only do we have only 8 home games, they also took away our biggest draw of the year. Real Nice.

I don't like the fact that we end on 2 straight road games, could make things tough if we're trying to lock up a particular playoff spot.

Greg Marshall makes his return to Hamilton in week 3.

I was hoping we would open the season against a western opponent considering we seem to get blown out in season openers under Bellefuille.

But anyways.....cue the trash talk between Ti-cat and Bomber fans.

You forgot the most important excuse:

All the games are between Monday and Sunday, either afternoon or evening. :lol:

I don’t recall ever seeing this happen before when there’s been 8 teams in the league. By the long-standing scheduling policy we should host the Argos twice this year and the Bombers only once. We’re getting the opposite.

I like most games are Friday or Saterday
with a preseason one on Wednesday vs Montreal
Open up vs the Peg on July 1st

And Labour Day VS Montreal ????? I thought it was a Typo ???

The Why Argos need find another Place to play

At first I was depressed no ARGO's for labour day! But perhaps this could work to our adv! if were close to MTL in the standings! and we reall pound them labour day it could really be a turning point for us! Plus I bet Avon will LOVE!! the fans cheering FOR him Vs his former team on such a big game! WOOT!

As usual the schedule always brings up a lot of controversy. I see some good things and some bad from my own personnal perspective, which I'm sure is different than others.

I like the fact that the home and away games are spread out, and things are somewhat spread out (ie. we play Montreal 4 times and it is not all too close together). Last two games are on the road, but that not too big a deal, as one is in TO.

There are some obvious things to complain about. Regardless of the reason, how could they not keep Hamilton playing Toronto on Labour Day. That's a tradition you just can't change. It looks like this happened because the Argos would have too many games on the road, and Hamilton probably insisted on a home game with them losing a home game to Moncton. For those who think the Ti-Cats are going to lose money because they don't have the traditional Labour Day game with Toronto, I disagree. This game will probably still sell out against Montreal, so it should not really matter financially.

Personally I'm not that big a fan of the Friday night games, and we have 4 or our 8 regular season games on Friday. That's probably because I'm coming from out of town, and it makes it a little tough for me. The other 4 games are all different. One on Monday at 1:00, two on Saturday at 7:00, and one on Saturday at 4:00. Outside of Labour Day, this mean only one pseudo afternoon game (4:00). For those of us from out of town, and with younger kids, some afternoon games are nice. I can't see why anyone would not prefer afternoon games later in the year when the weather starts to get ugly. I've been to cold wet games in October just like everyone else, but when you want to attract fans why not play games when fans are more likely to show up. As any golfer knows, the weather in late September and October can be real nice during the day and downright miserable once the sun goes down. I don't understand why they continue to do this every year.

Overall, it looks like there is something for everyone, and I guess in the end, that's OK. If the 'Cats win some more this year, the schedule and the weather won't really matter.

PJ

Major Bummer!

I had 4 American csuins coming for the Labour Day. They've always wanted to go to a CFL game since i've been coming down to their bears and Steelers games for years now, and I've been working ont them over a year, after explaining to them the the significance and long standing tradition of the labour Day game with the much hated Argos.

NOT!

Dunno what to do now! Won't be the same. Not even close. And I wanted them to experience IWS at its finest before and after the reno.

I can handle having a home game in Moncton game, but this sucks!