2010 schedule

Easy there Ottawacat, Marshall hasnt gone yet!

1 Game in Montreal that sucks why not one on a Weekend in the Fall.

We have them Twice at Home.

4 away games in 5 weeks?

That's ridiculous. How does that happen?

Except for the obvious gap in home game, with 4 of 5 being away, I like the schedule. Last year many people asked the team to get away from weekday games, well they have done that. Three Saturday afternoon games (just like the old CFL). two Saturday night games, 3 Friday night games and the Labour Day Classic. A nice 16 day break after playing the Argos on Aug 20th before the Labour Day game. Gives both teams a chance to rest-up so they can really go at it on Sept 6th. Except for the blip mentioned earlier, not bad at all.

I actually don't have many complaints with the new schedule. I'm a little iffy on the 1pm starts on Jun 20 and Jul 10, but other than that I'm pretty pleased with it.

No Thursday home games, only 2 7pm Friday night starts. I like it.

I’m going to 9 home games. Don’t care when they are really.

I like how we end our season at home, that's usually the best game the Cat's play and game 1 is usually the worst so :smiley:

Overall, doesn't look too bad. It will never be perfect, so a balance of things is best, because everone has there preferences.

Things I like: Bye in the middle of the season. No Thursday games at home. Generally enough time off between games (game in Montreal following Labour Day may be tough). A number of afternoon games (5 if you include the pre-season game and Labour Day), which are good for my two young sons to go to. 4 games vs Winnipeg, 3 games vs Montreal (2 here at home), which should help our record.

Things I don't like (most others have mentioned): all the games against Western teams at the end of the season (this makes no sense, extra travel at the end of the year, and potentially less meaning to games), and 4 of 5 weeks on the road in the summer followed with a bye (they will almost be forgotten), night games in the fall (I've gone in any type of weather, but day games in October can be a lot more enjoyable than night ones).

All in all, I will be going to as many games as I can, and I'm looking forward to what has to be the most promissing season we have had in many years.

PJ

I remember hearing last season that traditionally the home game against B.C. isn't a huge draw. I wonder if they're trying to spike the gate by booking the final home game of the season against the Leos.

Save for the Tuesday night pre-season game, I wonder how many fans will be filling up the west side of the "desolute cavern" for the two Friday night visits to The Blew Team?

Just noticed on the schedule that by week 8, we will have played 5 games in 10 weeks against the Bombers, counting preseason, including 2 back to back games.

Great creativity there. :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Anything to do with mosquito season up there? :stuck_out_tongue:

PJAY

COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN! Cant believe how many complainers there are on here! You guys where saying last year how easy it is to beat the Bombers, now you complain that we play them to much! Would you rather play Montreal 6 times. Didnt think so!
GO CATS GO!!!
cANT WAIT TILL jULY bOyS!! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

LMAO... I read the sched and the first think that came to my mind was "I wonder how many grumpy bastereds are already whining on the forums?" . No, the sched ain't perfect it never is! And if it was you guys would be whining that the sched is too perfect! The only thing I particularly don't like is the 1pm Sat games and that's only cuz I don't like having a hangover by 7pm :twisted:

Cheer up fellas! The season is coming!

P.S. All those early games against the Peg don't bother me either. They are going through alot more turmoil and change then we are. Logically, IMO, it will take them a lil longer to gel then us. This presents an opertunity to get some easy points and get a lead on them before the fall . But that's just my view.

It’s not going to be as easy without that clown Kelly behind the bench. To be honest, I don’t care who we play or when we play them as long as we beat the blue team on labour day and make the playoffs. A GC win would be nice this year too. :wink:

Well, I LIKE THE SCHEDULE :thup:

NO Thursday home games.

3 Friday home games but at least they got one of them @ 7:30 pm.

Hopefully I’ll only miss a couple!