2010 quarterback ratings?

A couple of years ago, I thought we had a receiving corpse.

With the way McDaniel performed that last half of 09 and so far here in 2010, i think any team with the exception of Montreal and Saskatchewan would love to have him.
Obviously Bruce and Stala are great, add guys like Mo Mann and Marquay McDaniel. James can fill in well if anyone goes down.

This is a top 3 group of recievers IMO.
By the end of the season, many fans around the league will realize that.

Nothing wrong with wanting people to use correct spelling and grammar. In fact, it should be applauded.

:thup: :thup:

umm… Terrance Edwards for the Bombers is leading the league in yards. And our rookie TJ Harris is having a pretty good year :roll: BC - Geroy Simon? Edmonton has Kelly Campbell as well. Pretty strange post actually.

Yea and he missed Rambo and Lewis on Calgary. Was a pretty weird post i guess.
And Fred Stamps is leading the league on recieving, with Edwards closely following. Just thought i’d point that out.

I love how Watkins has posted something like five consecutive 1000-yard seasons but he's 'nothing special' according to one Cat fan.

Looks to me like Hammer needs to get better acquainted with other teams' receivers before he passes judgment.

At the moment? I'd rate Sask the highest, because everyone in that group is producing right now (Dressler, Bagg, Fantuz, Getzlaf, and even to a lesser extent Rodriguez).

Yea I agree that Saskatchewan is tops in receiving right now, but I would not be surprised to see that change as the season progresses. Any way it turns out, I'm thinking it will be Sask and Hamilton 1-2 or 2-1. thursday's game will be a real indicator whether Montreal has lost a step or just stumbled out of the gate a little and if Friday night's ticat performance was what we can expect for the rest of the season.
Cheers

The bolded is key. I think Kerry Watkins is one hell of a WR. But Hammer also missed a bunch of guys from other teams as well (namely Geroy Simon), so maybe you’re right and Hammer should become a little better acquainted with every other WR.

There are a lot of good WR groups in the CFL. Riders, Cats, Als probably have the top 3 in my opinion, but that’s no knock on the other groups.

Maybe so but from here it looks more like an overreaction The core of the team are the receivers :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We’re on a short week, though, coming off a grueling road trip, and in the middle of playing three games in 12 days. I don’t think tomorrow’s game will be decisive in proving Montreal’s status either way, win or lose. Everyone was predicting parity in the East this season and it’s finally happening. To me it’s not so much a case of Montreal losing a step as the other three teams (Hamilton in particular) finally taking that next step. :wink:

And as much as it might pain TiCat fans, Glenn is not going to play like he did on Friday night for the remaining 15 regular-season games. :slight_smile: That’s not an insult, just an acknowledgment that the season is long. There will be dips in momentum and nights when Glenn looks ordinary just like everyone else. Even during my Als’ 15-3 Grey Cup season last year, there were definitely games in which we looked ordinary, not at our best, and so on. Yet we usually managed to win even then. That, I think, is the major challenge for the Cats if you want to be a contender: learning how to win even when you’re not on top of your game.

Toronto IMO is the only team with a serious deficit at receiver. Copeland is the stud, but he’s getting long in the tooth, and everyone else is unknown and unproven.

In any case, as we’ve seen in the past, at a certain point it’s not about how much talent you have at receiver. It’s how effective your offense can be, particularly in clutch situations.

Say what? Care to point out some examples of these preseason predictions? I saw nothing that took any eastern team seriously other than Montreal and Hamilton. No one was talking about the four teams being relatively equal or close in the standings, which is how parity is defined.

Well, nobody was expecting anything from Toronto. I grant you that. They’ve certainly been a pleasant surprise. But Winnipeg looked to be very much improved and all the talk was about Hamilton being in a position to unseat Montreal at the top of the division. That, to me, is parity. Not absolute parity, where every team is relatively equal, but more parity than we’ve had in the East in the past few years, where my Als have basically won the division by the beginning of September.