2010 CFL Evaluation Camp- "Prospect Central" Coverage

yes thanks great work

Thanks.

And here is a Globe and Mail article by Dan Ralph of the Canadian Press about how Steven Turner and some of the other participants fared at the E-Camp:

[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/turner-turning-cfl-heads/article1500248/]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... le1500248/[/url]

Maver was the only kicker/punter at the E-Camp. They had him kicking some field goals indoors, most of which he hit. There were 5-6 kickers/punters at the NIC, but I did not see any of them as they were working out outdoors in the rain.

There is no doubt that this year’s draft actually does have a strong OL class, it’s just that most of the better players won’t be playing here this season (and if some cases, if ever).

gogogos here is my question; I'm very high on Joe Eppele from the start of E-Camp and you stated that there is a strong class of OL and most will not play here. Is Joe in your opinion one of the players in this field/high on this list to perhaps play/get a chance in the NFL? Would be nice to see him in the CFL none the less.

I highly doubt that Joe Eppele will be playing in the NFL, he’ll be in the CFL next year for certain. He just might not get a lot of action, he’s looked fairly raw against CIS linemen - imagine what would happen against CFL veterans?

It may be a bit of time before we see John Bender or Danny Watkins in the CFL. Both have a great shot to be drafted or signed as priority free agents next year. I’d give good odds that one of the two sticks around in the NFL for a good long while.

J’Michael Deane, Nasser Jamal and Scott Ferguson will likely be in the CFL next year after they complete their eligibility.

Whether the Argonauts draft Eppele at #1 will have a lot to do with several factors. Do they feel that his game film outweighs the underperformance in 1-on-1 drills? What is the situation with Daniel Federkeil, free agent OT formerly of the Colts and a Non-Import whom the Argonauts have the rights to? Do some of the other top prospects (Williams, Greenwood) get NFL shots?

Here is an excellent article by Duane Forde today on which prospects did well and not so well at the 2010 CFL Evaluation Camp:

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=314221

I think all you can take from the measurable tests is the extent to which a prospect as prepared for these tests. The teams need these tests to establish a point of comparison but they don't mean all that much IMO for example you can see that the Bishop guys are extremely well prepared for the combine because they have been coached specificaly for these tests.

There is a number of things they could improve on these tests but they choose to follow the lead of the Americans...

A Brother. Third Glavic to come through the St. Mary’s high school in Pickering. His oldest brother, also a QB, went to Lafayette College in the States and had an outstanding career.

Great information here guys....thanks!
I have been out of the action...who can we get out of this group?