2009 Grey Cup vs Super Bowl 44

Of the two Championship games played. Which one was better?
The 2009 Grey Cup or Super Bowl 44? Which offered the most entertainment value?

The Super Bowl and bugger right off.

You don’t like my Poll question? That’s fine. But don’t insult me! :x

Lionhearted.......like come on?
You have to admit......he does have a very Valid Point.

This years Super Bowl was the most watched event in Television History.
Besides yourself,......who else, really watched the 2009 Grey Cup?
I know, that I missed an interesting end to that game.......( As I was watching my NFL Games on my Sunday Ticket) but......side from the end of that game........there was really nothing worth while to say about it.
The Who..... performed at the Super Bowl between the halfs........No one , when even Knows or Cares " WHO" it was, that played the Bag Pipes at Break, during the Grey Cup!

Lionhearted........you can never ever compare the NFL to the CFL.......you can never ever compare the Super Bowl to the Grey Cup......as we all know.....they are two completely Different Games.......with two entirely Different Budgets!

That is like comparing or asking the question.........Geez.......who has the better Fly Over during the Football Games?.......the CFL with it's ( Cessna) Snowbirds?.........or the NFL with it's Stealth Bombers?

Why you, would ever ask such a Question.....is beyond me?
But.......I guess, that is the Difference between your basic CFL Fan......and a Fan of "Both" Leagues.

There is No Comparison!
NFL will always WIN, that argument.......Hands Down!

By the way.......I thought that the "WHO" really Sucked at the Super Bowl.......but not as BAD, as any Half Time eneteratinment that i have heard at a CFL game! LOL
If I hear or see, the Beef Eater Band play one more time......I really think that I will Slash My Wrists! LOL
I LOVE..... Dal Richards and his Band........but.......any thing else......Why Bother?

lol sorry! I meant the Super Bowl can bugger right off, not you. Sorry about that.

I thought you meant anyone who disagrees with your answer should bugger right off. go figure.

...about 6.1 million Canadians watched the Grey Cup...on a cable channel. 3 million Canadians don't even get TSN.

The problem with the comparison is exactly that.

How many watched simply because of the half time show.?
How many watched simply to see the comercials?
I heard on the radio that 45% of people polled watched only for the comercials.

100% of people who watched the Grey Cup....watched because its football!

THE CFL will always win that argument

LOL.........As I said before......This Argument is not even worth having!
The NFL is a Superiour Product and Game....Hands down!
The Talent Level of a NFL Player compared to that of a Player in the CFL, is the same comparison to that of an NHL Player compared to that of a Player in the AHL.
The two leagues are like Night and Day, when put up against each other.
It makes me Laugh.....when a Loyal CFL Fan.....even attempts to defend the Canadian Game.
Buddy........seroulsy.....Give your Head a Shake! LOL

Hey.......I happen to enjoy both of the leagues and both of the brands of Football.
But to ever say.........that the CFL and it's Grey Cup Game is better or more exciting than the NFL and it's Supeer Bowl is absolutely Ridiculous! LOL

For what ever reason they come up with..........the point is........that The Super Bowl attracts MORE Viewers than any Grey Cup Game could ever ever Dream of doing!
And it is not because of the Commercials ......which our Canadian Government makes sure that we can't watch or see!
And it is not because of some 70 year old "Over the Hill" Rock band, performing at half time.......as oposed to our Lame CFL Half time shows ( Who performed at this years Grey Cup? .....Was it Stomping Tom Connors or Ann Murry this year?) .

The reason that you can not compare the two Games...is ......because the NFL is BETTER!
So Sorry........that the Truth Hurts...........But.......that is just the way that Life goes!
The CFL is the CFL..... and it will always be exactly that.
And Unfortunatey for you Loyal CFL Fans.......the NFL will ALWAYS......Have the better... "more talented" Players playing for them.....in the NFL!
Duh!..........It's really not thay hard to Figure out, is it?
Ya .....we are having more of our Canadian Boys ( From Canadian Schools) heading down there, to pick up the Odd position on an NFL Roster.......but for the most part..........Canadian Players are no where close,( In Talent or Skills) to what they are looking for in the NFL.
The CFL is to the NFL......what the AHL is to the NHL.
It is just a Feeder system for the NFL......and we would all be better off.........if the CFL was to become "Farm Teams" for our NFL Neighbors.
What with Wake and every one else jumping Ship and heading down South for more Money.........I have no idea....why the CFL does not realize.......that they could make MORE Money, by being Farm Teams for the NFL and giving us all.......a Much Better Product to Watch and to Support.
Having said that........Now........Braily has even jumped Ship on us!
The chances of us ever finding another Owner like Mr Braily was.......is hightly Doubtful!
Sorry to say and inform you..........that the NFL and it's Televison History making Super Bowl, makes the CFL and it's Grey Cup game, look like a "Sports Day" at your local Elementary School.
It really is a rather Sad event to Watch.........that is......Unless ...our own Lions are in it!
Why the Hell.....would I be watching the Riders play Montreal , when I could be watching the NFL on my Sunday Ticket?
It surely would not be for the Talent, the Commercials or the Entertainment or the Game itself!

[quote="Backer@Empire"]Lionhearted.......like come on?
You have to admit......he does have a very Valid Point.

Valid point? He responded: "The Super Bowl, now bugger right off."

That is not a "Valid point."

You at least offered reasons why you think the Super Bowl was better.

The US has 10 times the population that Canada has
Of course more people will watch it....but like I said the majority of them watch only for the half time show and for the comercials.
All these people are so informed about the game that they need arrows on the field to tell them which direction the ball is moving! :roll:

Who cares about the half time show?
The band that is playing does not make the US game better or more entertaining...It does for the halftime show but not the game itself

Why would you want to watch SSk VS Mtl?
Why would I watch the saints vs the colts?

As for the better US talent!

I have 2 words for you

Rickey Williams!

Not quite the case, I submit. It is difficult to say that one league has better talent than the other, because the games are not the same. . .so the skill set required is different. Certain players may have talent suited for one game and not the other.

There have been players who were able to succeed in both leagues. . .Doug Flutie and Warren Moon come immediately to mind.

But, on the other hand, there are many players who could be successful in one league and not the other. . . because the skill set required varies.

Examples: Henry Burris and Ricky Ray didn't exactly light things up in the NFL but are and have been stars here. Similarly, Vince Ferragamo, Andre Rison, and Ricky Williams starred in the NFL and were busts in the CFL.

That's why it's so difficult to predict sometimes how a US college star will fare in the CFL. . .they may perform well in their US college games which resemble the NFL far more than the CFL game, but perform poorly here (see Tee Martin, Timmy Chang, and countless others)

Just me, but it's asinine to compare the CFL to the AHL.
Just for that, I don't think it's really worth having a debate/discussion...

"I don't think"..........Says Geroy Simons quote.
And YES.........I agree with your statement.
You certainly Don't Think!

The CFL is Definitely to the NFL.........What the AHL is to.......The NHL.
The Two Leagues are Miles apart, from each other, in regards to the Talent Level that differs and seperates each, from either the AHL to the NHL or the difference in the Talent level between the CFL and the NFL.
There is absolutely No Argument at all, when it comes to that Statement.
That is unless.........You actually....... "Don't have the abilty to think"? LOL
That's like saying that the BCHL is just as good as the Hoceky being played in the WHL.
Ya........Once in a Blue Moon, you might find a Kyle Turris playing in the BCHL, but that is a Very Rare find indeed, and having said that........Turris is still not able to make the NHL, and is tolling away in the AHL.
The CFL is a Home for those that do not have that Skill set or Talent Level to make the NFL.
Occasionally, one of our CFL ( American Born and Raised and Schooled ) players is picked up by an NFL team.......but....."Very Rarely"........is that Player a Starter or an Impact Player for that NFL Team.
Does Logan Start for Pittsburg on Offensive or Defense........"NO".......he is a Special Teams type of Utilty player.
Does Cam Wake Start for the Dolphins?
"NO".......he once again is 3rd String, and a Speciality Player.

Once again.........there is always the Rare Player to come along.....( A Flutie or a Moon) ...who perfects their Game, by coming up to the CFL for a period of time ( From one of the BIGGER "AMERICAN" NCAA Schools) and then is quickly snapped up, by one of the NFL Teams to add to their consistantly Higher level of Player, that each one of those teams has on their Roster.

Flutie was deemed to SMALL for the NFL, which has BIGGER and Better Skilled and MORE Talented players, ( So he came to Canada) and Moon was playing at a time......when Black QB's were a very rare sight, in the NFL ( So he came to Canada to play and to prove himself) and the CFL was the only league to accept and promote Black QB's........so the two of them ...had no Choice!
It was come to Canada and the weaker CFL..........or........don't play at all.
And they both stood out in the CFL.........due.......to having Superior Talent that over shadowed the other lesser skilled SFU , UBC , Acadia, Bishops, types of Canadian players, that make up our league, up here.
Geez???..........who has the better players.........Penn State........Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, U of Miami, Notre Dame, USC,UCLA, Oregon, Nebraska, Michegon, Alabama or would you have Better more talented players at UBC.......SFU.......Bishops........Acadia........U of Calgary.........Douglas College.......B.C.I.T. or that cooking school down on Granville Island?
The BIG NCAA Schools have the better Talent hands down!
Just as the NFL has the better talent due to that same reason!
Duh!
You guys are comparing Oranges to Apples...........and the NFL with it's Oranges........Definitely has the Better the Players and the Sweeter Game!
You are so right about one thing......Geroy.........You don't "Think"! LOL
The CFL is what it is..............a very good Developement League for those American players, who are still hanging on to their Dreams of playing in the Bigger and Better NFL.
Mmmmmmm..........I have a delema here..........I have some Hockey Tickets here, for the Surrey Eagles against Burnaby but I also have some Tickets for the Vancouver Canucks against Chicago........Gee?..........which one will I go to????
Hey........I'm not knocking the BCHL.......it is a great Developement League for up coming Players.....and they do have some Exciting ......Hard Hitting games........But.......I would rather watch the Better more "Consistantly" Talented and Better Skilled players in the NHL........."WHY"? you ask..........Because.........It is a Better more Skilled and Talented League per player than their lesser talented developement league players are.
The same holds True for the NFL compared to the CFL.
Yes........there are a few Gifted and Skilled players in the CFL...........But.........overall........the BEST Players are and will always be.......in the NFL!
What "Idiot" could possibly argue that?
There is absolutely "No Comparison or Argument" on that Topic.
Lets move on to a New One........this one, is getting more and more ......Ridiculous.
[lis[/list]

Your post is one big contradiction.....but in the end you said exactly what madjack did.....
Its 2 different games

Man, you must be drinking the Kool aid big time.
You are certainly entitled to your one sided opinion, however wrong big time it is to me and most of us here.
The No Funners is all about politics and until there is actually another game between the CFL and NFL we will never know who or what is better.
Suffice for me to say, the CFL has the far better entertainment package, also the game and players are more superior.

In absolute terms, the Super Bowl wins hands down, for the simple reason that there are boatloads of money with which to make a huge spectacle out of it.

In my own terms, however, the last few weeks of the CFL's regular season beat the Super Bowl in entertainment value, let alone the Grey Cup, even though there's not much spectacle beyond the game itself.

Friends,

My name is Robert and it is a honor to be on this board.

I love them both......

I look forward to the CFL in June.

I watch the games online here in the states.

Go Lions!!

Anyone else wonder why this Empire guy writes university essays that no one will read or care about? Everyone just pretend he doesnt exist, lets be the adults here

Super Bowl Blows. The Who ! yeah right.
Thanks for reminding me of the old stubble jumper finale. Priceless.