2009 EAST Finals in MTL !

Well we habitually beat Edmonton in Montreal. But I hope it won’t be this team again because I’ll go see the Als for the third time and I’ve always seen a Als-Esks game.
I believe we have all the chances to go to the Grey Cup final this year and to win it!
Go Als Go!

alsfan86

Congrats to Montreal on another great season and host the east final. I'll take a wild stab at things here the way I project; B.C. may/will cross over to face the Tabbies and win the East semi final and then, face Montreal in the east final. At McMahon in late November I expect thee Als to be there. Who they face: for the first time in Grey Cup history they could face Sask. WHAT A MATCHUP THAT WOULD BE. :thup:

Bingo, bump and run, not just man to man but a physical coverage. Yeah you got it.

I think the Als made the adjustments successfully against Calgary, who espouses the defence you spoke of.

I was glad to see Browner finally get called on his Knock over the reciever and run tactics

Indeed you are correct, but if you look at it closely, Als D had to come up big IMO, the O had it tought in the first half. then they just waved bye bye, wonder if Cgy went away from bump and run.

Browner got called more than usual in this game, his holding and grabbing was flagged twice.

All i got to say, if you don't like it, why don't you stop them? this is not a purse hitting contest, good on them if you ask me.

Ac demonstrated last weekend that he can still throw the long ball with Bratten, Richardson and Watkins on the receiving end of long throws. AC , thanks to the offensive line, had plenty of time to hit the receivers, It was interesting to watch AC throw. He has a lengthy windup to his throws. He reminded me of a baseball pitcher as his windup begins quite low on his right side. He follows through with a strong and accurate throw capable of long distance. From his last game doubts about his ability to throw long are statements of error. Given time to push the ball downfield, his unique throwing motion connected on sunday. Calvillo appears to get the velocity and distance on long passes when he has the time to get into his unique motion. WE can only hope he will get the time to throw from his full windup.

No kidding. LOL at Suitor saying Browner is usually ‘subtle’ about what everyone else can see is blatant PI or illegal contact on almost every play. Browner is just a thug. On a day like yesterday when the referees were actually calling all his crap, he was exposed as the no-talent hack he is.

As for A.C. throwing the deep ball, I liked what I saw a lot, but one game doesn’t mean he’s a consistently dangerous deep-ball passer. Anyone can look good during one game. That being said, Calvillo’s touch was phenomenal yesterday, particularly on the post route to Richardson for the TD. He laid that sucker in perfectly for Jamel.

Ah come on ! I can’t make those throws. Glad you can :wink: