2008...the Cats will be a comanding force in the CFL

It's been a long road back..
And there is still a long way to go.
But the refreashing outlook if you are a Cat fan, is that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
The team has no dought made great movement..in the right directon. Many..many new players, a new Coaching staff with the grit and know how, to shape this team into a winner.
We will continue to see many more 'new players' added to the roster for the balance of this season.
Until the right mix is found.
This year is truly the rebuilding year that most fans have screamed for..in years past. The band-aid appoach, or quick-fix of the last several years, thankfully is long gone. And the real rebuilding of this team, from the ground up..is in progress.
As a long time fan of this team, I am encouraged by what I have seen thus far..in 2007.
Points in the standings for this season..is totally unimportant. What I as a fan want to see..for the balance of this season, is a team that continue's to improve over the season...and finishes strong...in the last 5 games.
With the exception of the 'burp' in Montreal last week, the team has shown continued improvement over the past several weeks..and in my books, they are right on track..to finally becoming a long-term force in the CFL, starting in 2008.
As I have said before..when a team is gutted as deeply as the Cats have been gutted..the true rebuilding plan has begun.
Look-out C.F.L....the Cats are coming back. :thup:

I agree totally,I still think we need a new offensive cordinator>>>

wow i nominate you for fan of the year. 30 000 more of you and bobs 5 year plan will be complete. complete brainwash.

Toddking..
By the time this team reaches 2008 preseason..the team 'will' have the right mix of players and Coaching Staff..behind Taaffe.
That..you can count on.

newworldorder…
Complete brainwash ??
I hardly think so.
One thing I will say about Bob Young…as a fan of the Cats, we are dam 'lucky ’ to have him as the owner…period.
Most fans have screamed…gut this team…blow it up…etc, etc.
Taaffe and our GM working together have done that…
And the process continue’s…
Sorry you can not see that.

Speculation, Hearsay??? -- The ONLY bright spot that has makes this team look respectable on the highlite reals, Is Jesse Lumsden, and Taafe is getting him the ball less and less each game??? take Lumsden out of the lineup and where would this team be heading then??IMO the team would, should have stuck with Coach Marshall who was VERY Patient with up and coming Talent, ,Turns out it was Maases Arm that cost the Ticats 3 years work in the rebuild, Not the Mashall plan!! That said to Make changes to the staff again would only prolong the process, SO Taafe it is, , What is needed Whoever is H.C is a CFL able Qb, ., IMO bring in Doug Flutie to Coach up CHANG and WILLIAMS for NEXT season. :cowboy:

Its hard to believe people believe Bob Young wants a losing team...
Give the guy a break,he admited to his mistakes,now he's trying to fix it...
2008make or break...

My biggest concern has been the total futility of the offence.
Offence is suppose to be Taafes area of expertise, and it is broke REAL bad right now!

Toddking...
It's because this team has been in the dumpster..for the past 5 years or so..I can understand that some folks will be negative..regardless of what improvements are taking place..now. That is just human nature.
And also the team did try the band-aid or quick-fix appoarch..2 years ago..and we all had to sit through the nightmare of that mistake. But all that crap..is finally behind us.

SJRiley:
How can you make such a prediction given the fact that this time is the worst in the CFL? We are simply not good enough to play in this league.
For your prediction to materialize we would have to bring in an airplane full of people for next season to replace just about everyone except, Jesse, Setta, Moreno, Bauman, Chang and Armstead if they can deliver as advertised ....and a handful of others.
This present airlift is not paying off so why would another one be any better? Maybe Dan Rambo will help improve things but I would wait until 2009 before making such optimistic predictions.
This Marcel/Charlie combination will need at least another year in my opinion before we can realistically look at making the playoffs.
Hate to throw cold water on your post SJ but from what I have seen this season, a quick fix is not in the cards.

This is the CFL. Dynasties don't last with free agency. Teams can move from the bottom to the top in short order with the right signing of free agents, and good scouting. The US is full of good players, they just need to be found. I have been optimistic that the cats have been showing improvement, but to play like they did after a bye week. They took at least two steps back. They are still making the same mistakes, taking dumb penalties, and Mass is too slow reading the defense. The pass coverage is weak and the blitz non existant. Not much sense in blitzing when they don't get past the offensive line. Might as well drop them all in coverage. Is there still hope? We still have half a season to go, lets see if the players respond!

sj im not against bob young im just not gonna blow sunshine up his a$$ i can appreciate everything he has done and wants to do but its obvious even to the casual observer that we stink. just because we played a good team and didnt get blown out is not reason to point to improvement. thats ridiculous. improvement is measured in wins. 7 win season this year would be acceptable as pointing toward improvement. blow your sunshine somehwere else.

mr62cats...
There is no quick fix with this team...and when I said that in my opinon 2008 will be the year the Cats will be a force in the CFL...I should have added the word 'start' to the posting title.
I think we can both agree that in fact the real rebuilding of this team has truly begun..this year. And when a team is rebuilding from the bottom of the dung-pile the only place to go..is up.
Cheers.

let me add that the brainwash occurs when we have 3 losing seasons in a row. after every season we are building to the future. momentum is built up and expectations are raised. tickets are bought. each year is ends the same way. we have a organization that is paralized whe it comes to making a qb decision. i dont get it. we ll cut everyone under the sun trade 2 for 1 but from d mac to maas scared sh*tless to pull the plug. feels like ground hogs day. then we get a post like yours today and feels like maybe you havent been around for the last three years. i dont know maybe you havent.

I really wish I could agree with this post but I am so tired of saying this is a rebuilding team, we have been a rebuilding team every year for the past few, we should be built right now. Plain and simple we are not getting it done and who is to blame? THE COACHING! give jesse the friggen ball for 20 carries per game like Roberts gets, it will then open up the pass and we wil start putting points on the board and we would have won some of those close games early in the season and be right in playoff contention. It is that simple I guarentee it, jesse carries the ball 20

• times on labour day we will win period. Get some decent play calls and we would'nt be again saying this is a rebuilding year.

I really wish I could agree with this post but I am so tired of saying this is a rebuilding team, we have been a rebuilding team every year for the past few, we should be built right now. Plain ans simple we are not getting it done and who is to blame? THE COACHING! give jesse the friggen ball for 20 carries per game like Roberts gets, it will then open up the pass and we wil start putting points on the board and we would have won some of those close games early in the season and be right in playoff contention. It is that simple I guearentee it jesse carries the ball 20

• times on labour day we will win period. Get some decent play calls and we would'nt be again saying this is a rebuilding year.

SJ:

I was making the point that to expect a huge turnaround in 2008 was a quick fix. I think we have begun the "start" already...its the rest of the way that will take more than another season from what I can see. Although there are times (like Saturday night) that I would replace "start" with change...and not necessarily for the better.

How can it be said that the real rebuild starts now,, Under the Marshall plan the Ticats ran several minicamps in the states leaving no stone unturned , these camps produced two significant players, 1 Travis Claradge(sp) and 2 Kevin Eakin, - T.C,s passing was very tragic and put a huge dent in the oline trying to replace Carl Coulter, Eikin plain Self distructed under pressure, The truth is imho the Taffe regiem is a continuation of the rebuild started in 2004 , all thats missing is A QB and one or two Leaders. :thup:

How can it be said that the real rebuild starts now,, Under the Marshall plan the Ticats ran several minicamps in the states leaving no stone unturned , these camps produced two significant players, 1 Travis Claradge(sp) and 2 Kevin Eakin, - T.C,s passing was very tragic and put a huge dent in the oline trying to replace Carl Coulter, Eikin plain Self distructed under pressure, The truth is imho the Taffe regiem is a continuation of the rebuild started in 2004 , all thats missing is A QB and one or two Leaders. :thup:

relax…newworldorder…
I like yourself…and many other countless fans have sat through what I would say is the past 5 years, of a team that has gone…only down lower. You are perhaps ‘right’ about not pulling the plug on Maas…sooner. I think it was a big big mistake, for the team to tell us…before the start of this season that a 9 and 9 season is what the goal for this team is…and anything else is…unexeptable.
A play-off spot in 2007 ???
Hardly…
Your right…many…many mistakes have been made…and more than likely many more will continue. But I do believe that this team is…finally making steps in the right direction…and that is a positive thing in my books.
And 2008 will be different…than the past 5 or so have been.
Thats my 2 cents worth…take it or leave it.
Cheers.