2008 STARTING QUARTERBACKS!

Yeah I know! Training camp hasn't even started but that shouldn't stop us from having some fun and looking ahead! Here are my "PREDICTIONS" for 08 starters;
British Columbia:
Buck Pierce (Jarious Jackson)
Edmonton:
Ricky Ray (Jason Maas)
Calgary:
Henry Burris (Ryan Dinwittie)
Saskatchewan:
Kerry Joseph (Stefan Lefors)
Winnipeg:
Kevin Glenn (Marcus Crandell)
Toronto:
Dave Dickensen (Damon Allen)
Montreal:
Anthony Calvillo (Rocky Butler)
Hamilton:
Casey Printers (Ricky Williams)

Brady,Bishop and a few others will challenge big time in certain cities and could unseat the #2. I still think Butler can get the job done and I can see a trade or two before May/08. Toronto love the veterans and this could push them into first or sink them big time! Everybody else should be fine but it'll be interesting to see how Buck handles being a starter in BC!

Interesting,
You have DD as Tor starting QB with Allen second, Allen was 2nd/3rd behind Bishop last year and now you have Allen ahead of him.
Lets wait till DD sign with someone before we see who gets to start.

You have Butler as second ahead of Brady?
I have no idea who Butler plays for but it is not Montreal.

Aside from that…It looks good to me

Interesting the only two teams you have not making a quarterback change are Hamilton and BC. I don't think Sask would trade Crandell and likely not to Winnipeg.

I suspect you were drinking a little on most of these predictions.

ricky williams leaves the dolphins to be a backup QB in hamilton????

Thanks Mike! No I wasn't drinking!! I'am assuming there will be some trades.
Relax!! It's for FUN! I think Sask would trade Crandell and it would be to an eastern team.
Thanks RO,I see Maas moving and Butler or Brady backing up Calvillo. Bishop is perfect trade bait as are a few others.

why would Mass, Dinwittie, Crandell, and Lefores all get traded?

I couldn't even emagine this kind of QB shuffle.

Allen may possibly retire instead of being kept at #2, and Dickenson may be forced to retire to injuries

I think toronto will most definately go with Bishop, and i wouldn't doubt if they try to aquire one of hamiltons back-ups for a reciever, the double blue are kind of short on depth at the position.

I just do not see Lefors in Saskatchewans future, heck in addition to Durant who was number 3 this season, the team also Tate kicking around AND currently have 7 QB's on their Neg list!

Now I can see Tillman trading a neg list guy or two. I really doubt that Crandell would be traded, but I guess it is a possibility, a lot will depend on which FA's the team loses this off season.

winnipeg wants ryan back after the gre cup, and i don;t think ee fans would support jason maas anymore.

i think your completely right.

Ricky ray is only what 28?

Lefores is 22? 23?

and in winnipeg, i'm sure they will do everything they can to keep dinwittie around, that guy is a franchise player, and they know it.

being in hamilton was a seriously bad go for maas's career. too bad.

I could see Crandell being either traded, or released to give the youngsters an opportunity to move up the foodchain, and maybe Butler isn't entrenched enough in Toronto, so he might move, but Dinwiddie and Lefors aren't going anywhere.
Jackson is #1 in BC at the moment, but he also isn't under contract, so that could change.
I agree that if Dickenson is going to land somewhere, it seems likely to be TO, but Bishop will almost certainly begin the year as #1 there.
I could also see DD in Montreal or Winnipeg. Outside chance of Calgary. As the number two guy in all those cities...

For a league that is supposedly "crying out" for qb help, there appears to be too many candidates for all the positions ?

BC - is set with Jackson/Pierce
Edm is set with - Ray/Lefors
Cal has Burris/Sankey - but will it suit Huff ?
Sask is set with - Joseph/Crandell
Wpg is set with - Glenn/Dinwiddie
Mon is set with - Calvillo/Brady
Ham is set with - Printers/and what's his name ?
Tor - is the big ? Bishop is a one trick pony and Allen is just too old. Look for the Argos to acquire some help here but as for what they opt for remains a ? Stubler may finally see the light and go in a different direction. A Dickenson/Maas combo perhaps ?

First of all its DINWIDDIE - D-I-N-W-I-D-D-I-E and here are my picks:

B.C. : JACKSON(PIERCE)
EDM: RICKY RAY (LEFORS)
CAL: BURRIS (CRANDELL)
SASK: JOESPH (DINNIWIDDIE OR WILLIAMS)
WPG: GLENN ( DINNIWIDDIE, IF NOT SIGNED TO ANOTHER TEAM)
HAM: DICKINSON (?????? WILLIAMS?????)
TOR: BISHOP (BUTLER)
MTL: CALVILLO (BRADY)
GO BLUE

LeFors isn't going anywhere next year, I can just about guarantee that he earned a spot with the Esks again.

Still confused by the Saskatchewan list, Williams is not going to be a free agent, so why would the Riders trade for him? They have a slew of QB's on their neg list and 4 qbs that were around this season.

printers has somehow dissapeared while i went to new york for 2 days?

Thats what happens when you leave us for so long! :lol:

B.C. : JACKSON(PIERCE)
EDM: RICKY RAY (LEFORS)
CAL: BURRIS (CRANDELL)
SASK: JOESPH WILLIAMS)
WPG: GLENN ( DINNIWIDDIE)
HAM: Printers (WILLIAMS Chang
TOR: BISHOP (Dickson) (BUTLER)
MTL: CALVILLO (Brady)

Winnipeg will want Dinwittie back but another team may offer more dollars so theres no guarentee he'll be back in the Peg. Crandell would be a big pickup for Wpg and I honestly can't see him going to a western team. I understand Edm wanting to keep LeFors but they need alot of help on the O-Line and D-line so a trade could pry him loose. Montreal is set with AC but they also need alot of help in certain areas. Brady proved himself fairly well and could be trade bait but not if Maas is moved. Dickenson still wants to play and if anyone signs him it'll be TO. Depending on how Allen fairs in TC, he'll either be cut or maintain a backup role if Bishop is traded. TO soured on him alot after the east final. If DD retires or ends up somewhere else then Bishop will probably get his last chance in double blue. Another wildcard is Jackson. He may not be in BC in 2008. Money talks!!

BC: J. Jackson (B. Pierce)
Edm: R. Ray (S. LeFors)
Cal: H. Burris (D. Dickenson)
Sask: K. Joseph (M. Crandell)
Wpg: K. Glenn (B. Sankey)
Ham: C. Printers (R. Williams)
Tor: M. Bishop (T. Dilfer)
Mtl: A. Cavillo (M. Brady)