2008 Grey Cup Half-time show

Has anyone heard who it's gonna be? Any rumours flying around Montreal? I'm really curious!

I haven't heard anything. They dont announce till a few weeks before

Rumour is Troy Westwood and his Banjo picking band will be there. :slight_smile:

...heh...not like Westwood's got much else to do that weekend...

Guess Who reunion with Randy Bachman, Trooper and/or April Wine?

Rene Simard...

c'MON BRING BACK STOMPIN' TOM CONNORS- A CANADIAN ICON.

The Who would be an amazing choice for the half-time show.

anything except hip hop

Arcade Fire would be a logical choice....they're very popular, from Montreal, and their music appeals to all ages.

don't think us drunking redneck hillbillies from saskatchewan or another western teams fans (either BC or EDM who crosses over) will even know or care who an indie band like arcade fire is.....the Guess Who would be awesome....

I know and care who Arcade Fire is...so I suppose that would make me not one of the drunking [sic] redneck hillbillies...

Celine Dion featuring Les Trois Accords and French Rap artist Sans Pression.

na! She would whine about wanting a better venue than the players

I know who they are too but honestly if u took a poll at mosaic next game and ask if they could name one song by arcade fire…do u think the majority could do it…

Yep, I think more could name their music than you would expect...the demographic for Rider games has changed in recent years...the crowd is younger than I've ever seen it, which is a good thing...

Plus the GC is arguabely the biggest Canadian sporting event of the year so you need a half time show that would appeal to all people....not just a select few....

On that, I will agree...which is why the Black Eyed Peas pa-tooey should have never performed...

I will agree with u there 110% it was a sad sad show, although if we would have had a superbowl like mishap with fergie instead of janet jackson i would have been okay with that. I still think the best half time show i’ve ever seen was the one that we had the first time we had the grey cup, the huddle up in saskatchewan one. They took the star power out of it and made it about the province and it was a celebration of everything that is saskatchewan.

And about the demographics, its because the riders are one of the few things in this province that a father and son can easily bond over. I know i live in saskatoon and my dad still lives in regina and when ever we talk on the phone for 20mins its usually 1 min of how u doin and 19 mins about the riders

I never watch the half time show but I like that idea. Why not use it to promote the city and province?