2007 grey cup ring

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Grey-Cup-Ring-2007_W0QQitemZ170628379490QQihZ007QQcategoryZ26261QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/Grey-Cup-Ring-2007_ ... dZViewItem[/url]

anyone know who is trying to sell a grey cup ring? They say its the original owner.

Well, with the limited number of Rider rings out there, you would think bidding should start at $50,000, given it’s pretty much a collectors item. :lol:

No idea, but I will be making a bid...Thanks for the post!

$10,000 seems a little high...

So's the guy who put it up for sale. :lol:

Just kidding. No judgement here. I realize CFL players are vastly underpaid relative their pro counterparts, but I actually find it kind of sad every time I see these rings on Ebay; that someone would be willing to part with a Championship memento to raise some coin.

I just hope that it's because he's just not that sentimental as opposed to someone in dire financial straits.

Man if I was rich I'd buy the ring and loan it back to him in perpetuity.

I agree. We fans tend to assume the worse when rings are up for sale.

I read at RiderFans that a report on CKRM's The Sports Cage indicated it may be Tristan Clovis' ring.

I guess there are some people who win the game who don't take much sentimentality in it. it's like winning a cheap gold medal at some minor hockey tourny.. whoopy!!

I'm sure the player selling his ring takes sentimentality in having won the Grey Cup. I think he just doesn't need a ring to remind him of it. It's one fine piece of jewelry, admittedly, but some people don't need material objects to keep their memories intact. Some prefer to keep them inside.

I mean, when all's said and done, it's his ring, and he can do what he wants with it.

a piece of Jewlery are you off your rocker i guarantee you thats not what he's thinking and selling it with that reason, he probably is in financial problems and thats understandable.

Rings mean the world to anyone thats ever won one and especially if you played in every game like he stated, those types of rings are just as close to players as there wedding rings are.

Exactly what I meant about fans assuming the worst when someone sells a ring.

It's not an unreasonable assumption. Why else would someone want to sell a championship ring? For laughs? Because it means nothing to them and the measly $10k (or whatever) selling it will fetch is better off donated to charity?

Not that there isn't some other reasonable explanation, but selling it for the needed cash seems by far the most logical reason.

What else is there.

Especially CFL player, they usually come fresh out of Uni or College so many of them are in debt to begin with than they have a avgerage 5 year career here that maybe pays off there prior tuition probably not. So there's a million and one scenario's you can think of maybe he took bare minimum through school just get the grade to play and now is kicking himself cause he's gotta go back. or maybe he's gonna be a doctor or lawyer and just wants to get outta the debt so he doesn't have to pay crazy interest rates Financial problems are not always worst case scenario's

All i know…if i’m unemployed after spending some years in a foreign league , my knees are shot. and i’m done…i’m selling.

...after the riders last two grey cup appearances maybe the seller wants nothing to do with his former club :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I remember when Jovon Johnson had his 2007 GC ring up for sale and everyone assumed it was because of financial difficulties. He sold his because he hadn't feel like he was a part of the Rider organization when he was there and did not enjoy his time on the Riders. It was pretty well documented that JJ and Kent Austin didn't get along so it's not surprising he feels that way.

Are the odds greater that it's being sold because the person needs money - possibly - but that doesn't mean we should all assume the former player is in dire financial straits. Sometimes people aren't as sentimental over items as we think they should be.

Thats because you rock. I wish I had the capital too... And then only to see them post it for sale again LMAO! :stuck_out_tongue:

I sent the seller a question asking him more details on the Ring , also asked what number he wore . still waiting for a reply.

liar its still at $10,000... :lol: