2006 Lions wish list???

hwgill.... did you ever think that maybe DD held onto the ball because of the lack luster offense that Chapdelaine was directing?? Recently DD said they were going to put more flare into the offence... hopefully they will

Whatever happen to the deep pass to Geroy Simon…Seems so long ago when Burratto was OC.

Sportsmen... entirely right... one of my thought was boot out JC and bring back Burratto...

Unfortunately, Calgary regocnized Burrattos value and re-signed him this year. I also think Burratto has some sort of familly ties to Calgary....Perhaps R&W can help me out there.

Well he did haul in a 90-yarder in the Western Final. But in general the deep ball was missing from the Leos offence last season.

Chapdelaine deserves some of the blame but they also seemed to miss Brazzell as well. He wasn't great on the intermediate routes but was their fastest receiver and was good for 7-8 deep TDs a season. He averaged nearly 19 yards per catch in 2004 � the highest on the team.

Brazzell used to always complain how the Lions used his speed to clear out underneath routes for the slotbacks.I know Clermont gave him credit for it in one of his Vancouver Sun columns. Paris Jackson has decent speed but is more of a possession receiver with good size.
Maybe the return of a healthy Tony Simmons will help open up the field more.

[
Maybe the return of a healthy Tony Simmons will help open up the field more.
[/quote]
Now that would be real helpful if Simmons is able to come back in the same form he was showing before that nasty injury. Anyone know his status?

Your list is weak to say the least.
(1) Need 2-3 OLman. Injuries do happen. Dave will be injuried without some changes. Blocker for Warren. Linebackers are also needed. Teams around them have improved and they have not.
(2) No brainer. WALLY!!
(3) Again without Simpson and leader on and off the field I can only see the Lions getting 3 place. Behind Edmonton and Calgary. As far as that goes.....the Riders will give them a run for 3rd.

I was wondering about Simmons as well. Good point pennw

WHEN ARE THE NFL RULES GOING TO CHANGE.
i want the rules to change to just penalties counting on foul attempts and tackles are good..The quarter back can run whereever he wants other than running out of the bounds and center only at the opponents end zone.

Hmmm how does this relate to this thread? Who cares about the NFL? Maybe you should seek a forum in the NFL to ask this question?
You guys need a new OC let that moron go (JC).

I know this is old news :roll: but im upset with the whole casey thing. Yes he was a jerk and management didnt buckle ,which i fully appreciate gut Wally Guano had to long of a hook with DD , play the guy who will win.My wish list is no different from the obvious : K, OL, OffCo, and informed fans at home games ( lions fans hopefully) I dont mind tourists checking out our game but when people make noise when we have the ball ???? or when a penalty wipes out a return, Please... stop cheering when the flag comes out and stop bitchin' about the refs, its the players making most of the mistakes.
Oh and i dont believe replay for the refs will work, the NFL looks like a joke(IMO) with refs not calling a penalty,defering to video anyways. O K enuf for me, Can not wait for the season to start.BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Dear Wally,

As a concerned regular fan over the years. I am really concerned of your lack of action this year to fill our weaknesses. Bobby Singh is still unsigned! I'm not sure the two NFL cuts you signed earlier this year are enough to bolster our problematic offensive line. You haven't found a replacement for Barrin SImpson and I hope (With due respect to Mr Kidd) that Carl Kidd is NOT our full time replacement there. With the Runningbacks that are in the Western Conferance now, we need to bolster that front 7!

Take a look at the Hamilton Tigercats. Look at the improvements they have made! We need to get busy, make some phonecalls and fix up those areas, before we get passed by Winnipeg and Saskatchewan.

As allways feel free to phone me any time for my advice.

Sportsmen

What ever happened to the OL who was picked up by the Jets? Please excuse my ingnorance , he may already be on our team or to old to play but i remember feeling good we had him in the wings .?!

HEY DON'T WORRY ABOUT RAW HE'S JUST A MANEUR FARMER FROM SASKATCHEWAN TRYING TO BE COOL, HE MAKE NO LOGICAL FOOTBALL SENSE , JUST LOVES TO TRY AND GET UNDER PEOPLES SKIN..... HOPE OUR TEAM AND THE REST OF THE TEAMS KICK SASKS A$$ THIS YEAR....

first of all im from the great province on Alberta.....

I think there were two linemen from the NFL....both names escape me now, but both had limited NFL experience. I guess only time will tell how they fit in.

I now feel a little bit better after todays signings for some depth at defense...specifically Linebacker.

Now if we could just find a couple more linemen.......