2004 Attendance Statistics for CFL teams

In all honesty, my intent was not to crap all over his work.
It was simply to point out that it had all been said and done before.

…no probs…

Almost every post on here has been gone over again and again. Take a look at expansion, salary cap, …

If he hasn’t seen this post before how would he know it has been brought up before?

As far as attendance goes all these stats tell me is Ottawa has to pick it up. And it’s nice Toronto and Hamilton are doing better so we don’t have to bail them out again.

As far as doing attendance based on stadium capacity that would be fudging the numbers Montreal’s way. I think if you want to be viable in this league you better sell out a 20202 or 20004 stadium. But it’s nice to see the support back in Montreal after the Olympic stadium days.

[quote="roughyfan"]
If he hasn't seen this post before how would he know it has been brought up before?

and if no-one tells him that it was already posted, How would he know? :roll:

Also....... HAMILTON and TORONTO and BUFFALO are 45 minutes from each other , respectivily. :wink:

I thought your post was interesting, and I was surprised to see how strong Hamilton was. I think that the posters that are responding that way may have been around in this forum last year or even for a few years and pehaps it has become redundant. I think everyone is getting tired of speculating and waiting for training camps to start.

Cheers

Let's see you show a ratio of fans paying to go to a New York Yankees game versus that city's population. Size of city is not that relevant. Toronto is a hard sell because at least half of the population are immigrants with no reall attachment to football or the CFL. Just because it is much bigger, it does not mean that they should fill a 100,000 seat stadium for every game... although I think we should. This is Canada. People are not very big sports fans here, as far as attending any games.

The fact that Calgary is second on that list, despite missing the playoffs three years in a row, is a testament to Stamps fans in the city. Hopefully with all the aquisitions Calgary made this offseason, we will all be rewarded for our loyalty. If you go back to 2003, I guarantee the Stamps' average attendence is over 30,000.

Saskatchewan and Montreal could easily be higher, but they just happen to play in smaller venues. They sell out every game.

[quote=" This is Canada. People are not very big sports fans here, as far as attending any games.
[/quote]
I would agree that we don't support football at any level with the same fanatical attutude that our friends to the south do ie; attending a high school game friday night, a college game sat night and a pro game sunday night. I'm sure there's many of them that don't even do that, but lots that watch it on the tube. Of that you are correct, however, i am assuming that you are living in TO or close and sufferring from the "I want to be the center of the universe-we're better than the rest of Canada disease." Obviously I'm embelishing a little, but you get the idea, no?

I have a couple questions for you. Do you have seasons tickets to the Maple Leafs? Can you tell me if I could just walk up and buy a decent seat for a game there? As far as I have heard the Leafs are sold out continuously, so is that all corporate or are you just not including them on your list of sports that Canadians don't attend?

Maybe the Raptors are on their way out of town because of lack of fan support, I'm not sure. Possibly the Blue Jays are hurting at the gate because of Canadians don't want to go their games. Seems to me that the problem you are speaking of exists in your back yard, I'm not so sure that there are a lot of sports fans across the country that would agree with you.

I know that here in Edmonton the Oilers and Eskimo games are very well attended. I know that we were third in the league in attendence for the AHL team that was brought in here on the spur of the moment last fall. The same AHL team that had to leave Toronto after one season because people wouldn't go watch them play.

We lost our AAA baseball team due to logistical changes in the league and the deal they were offered was too good too pass up, but when they were here they averaged around 7,000 fans a night.

I think you should be carefull to include all of us in your statement because I don't think it's accurate. You have a valid point, but to apply it to all Canadian sports fans in one sweeping statement is a little short-sighted, don't you think?

Cheers

1. We have only 1 tenth the population of the U.S. ..........but we have had the most suc. league in N.A. sports history.

2. Name other league , is still going strong after all these years. The ARGOS alone, are over 130 years old........now, if we talk college , we are even older.

Sorry , the NHL is on strike...........however.... SOCCER has been around awhile!

so yu guys don't like repeating old topics-- then lets try this for a novel topic. do you think halifax should get a team and what should we name it.

MARITINE MARUDERS

I believe he was quoting the metro pop. and I believe he was correct…
…but then again, with that in consideration Hamilton’s a mil, Ottawa’s a mil…

What 'he' (being me) was/am quoting was the 2001 census stat for Edmonton. It did not differ between Edmonton proper and Edmonton with suburbs. That being said, there is a display at the Edmonton Science Centre (I think) that lists Edmonton's population near a million and it also claims to be bigger than Calgary as of 2002 or so. Therefore, I did not think that stat would stir up controversy.

Oh well, I wanted to spark some good debate. Overall, I think that failed as apparently this has all been hashed around before. One thing is for sure, it does not take much of a topic for all the fan's to give their two cents worth in defence of their team's 'good' or 'bad' attendance figures. How about these stats:

. . . . . . . . . Overall Regular Season Attendance
2000 . . . . . . . . . . . 1794913
2001 . . . . . . . . . . . 1731314
2002 . . . . . . . . . . . 2007883
2003 . . . . . . . . . . . 2014367
2004 . . . . . . . . . . . 2214101

The bottom line is that overall attendance is increasing, so we should all be happy that the CFL is on an upswing!!!!!

HAMILTON is next door to the BILLS and the ARGOS…EDMONTON , has less to do. :wink: :lol:

EDMONTON is the pride of the CFL. :smiley:

We should ALL be glad if ALL CFL teams do well. :wink:

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

And besides Hamilton is, well, Hamilton....

EDMONTON has hockey and football.

We have 3 football teams with in 45 minutes of each other.

There is also , THE JAYS , RAPTORS ,THE LEAFS, THE SABERS, THE ARGOS , THE BILLS…ect…SO, there is more compitition for your entertainment dollar, here. AND we also have the dummest sports press in the country who have wrongley told us for years that an NFL team is coming to TORONTO and that the CFL is… BUSH.

Plus HAMILTON and TORONTO have had some really bad owners.

Hellothere
I think you are right about cities having other things to do which can kepp attendance down.

As for 3 teams within 45 minutes, Ham Tor and Ott. The distance between Hamilton and Ottawa is more like 5 to 6 hours.

What I wrote was TORONTO , HAMILTON and the BILLS.

oops
yes you did