2 things

Number 1
Has anyone heard about Darren Fluttie coming back? I heard this somewhere just curious what is up with it?? If so, what team??

Number 2
Why are the Grey Cup tickets always sold so fast? Do people not think that the "little guy" should have a chance in getting some? Shouldn't it be fair, like giving everyone the date of selling and say, first come first served?

The CFL wants more people to watch, well, I would like a chance to see the Grey Cup in Winnipeg in 2006 but I know it won't happen with decent seats.

Number 1, Darren Flutie isn't coming back, thank goodness. He retired at the top of his game. Lets remember him that way.

Number 2, I believe that most Grey Cup tickets get distributed to all the teams to redistribute to its fans. Thats why there doesn't seem to be all that many available. I am sure there will tickets available to fans such as you from fans of teams who bought early but whose team doesn't make it on a resale basis... not necessarily from scalpers but from those who just want their money back. You might have to look around a bit though.

Cuz people need to book their hotel rooms a head of time.

Waaahhhh! Booo-Hoooo …

Tickets sell fast because its a popular event … duh … How is it not fair? The hosting cities season ticket holders get first pick - then anyone can buy tickets from a set date … Sounds pretty fair to me … Even the best seats in the house are so cheap compared to other major sporting leagues championship games its ridiculous …

I’ve never had difficulty obtaining a Grey Cup ticket … ever.

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

I agree with StatiK, for once. :wink:

Well if the "little guy" wants a chance to get tickets... that "little guy" can get tickets... last i heard there were still upwards of 15,000 left.... just go here

[url=http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11003905C9FFFBC4?artistid=965555&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8]http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110039 ... norcatid=8[/url]

as far as good seats go... if you want a single ticketmaster says you can get one on the 40 yard line in the lower level... thats a damn good seat if you ask me.
as for the cup in the peg... get season tickets to your team and you get first crack at grey cup tickets so there should be good ones.

Generally season ticket holders for the team hosting get first crack at buying the tickets. This usually means that there are lots of ticket around at game time as it is not that often that the host team is in the game.

My husband and I both heard something about Fluttie coming back on TSN the other night....I wonder??

As for the Grey Cup, I spent six months trying to get four seats last year. If I wanted to pay thousands of dollars I could have had one, but not anything overly extravagant. I can't get season tickets, because I live in the maritimes. I called a place last year and she said I would have to wait until they became public and when they did...crap seats!

[quote="Peppers_mama"]My husband and I both heard something about Fluttie coming back on TSN the other night....I wonder??

As for the Grey Cup, I spent six months trying to get four seats last year. If I wanted to pay thousands of dollars I could have had one, but not anything overly extravagant. I canHost teams are always going to let their season ticket holders getting first pick as franly they are the people that will be most interested early on in purchasing a ticket.

The Grey Cup is one opportunity that a team gets to put some extra cash into their system. As an example, having the Grey Cup in Regina was an important factor in the RIders reducing their debt.

Not sure where you called for tickets to last years Grey Cup, but I have never had any problems get tickets, in fact, except for the game in Regina, I have always purchased my tickets during Grey Cup week from people that decided not to go to the game.

That seems awfully strange to me - I know people that have bought multiple Grey Cup tickets in the parking lot before the game - for less than face value … Considering the most expensive seats in BC this year are $225 a ticket (lets say $250 with PST/GST) - how the hell did you find 4 tickets that if you wanted them, you’d have to pay “THOUSANDS” of dollars?

In your earlier sentence you had insinuated that you had a Husband … maybe this year you should let him try and dial the 11 digits on the phone …

1-604-280-4400

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

Did I read that right? A ticket for a BC game can cost as much as $225 ???

Thats for Grey Cup Sgt Tippy. Highest price is $60.00 I beleive for regular season

Lions tickets for reg. season range from $25 for endzone seats to $65 for mid-field seats. For the Grey Cup it's $75 - $225

The last count for the game was ...........42,000 sold, but that was a month ago.At that time that was an excellent amount.

I heard Braley on the radio today say they are at the 45,000 mark.

cool and thanks :smiley: