2 heads roll. Taman and Chamblin gone

I would very much like to see O'Day stick around as our GM. We have been grooming him for a few years now and it would be nice to see that pay off in him taking over!

I am sad to see another head coach go, I would have liked to see us have a long term headcoach for once but it wasn't working out and it had to happen. As for a replacement, I like Steinhauer from Hamilton, I'd be contacting Trestman right now to see if he is interested, I'd be trying and failing to convince Dickenson to leave Calgary and come here. And I would be attempting to sell my soul to get Austin as our HC where he would sign a contact saying he couldn't leave until he lead us to 6 grey cup victories!

Guys I who wouldn't be my first choice but who I wouldn't be too upset with either. LaPolice, or Richie Hall.

Guys who we need to avoid at all costs. Higgins, Cortez, Benevides .

Richie no way!!!

Not sold on Oday as GM. Need someone with solid contacts down south. Not sure if Oday fits that bill. Dickenson is not leaving Calgary. No way in hell after staying under Huff this long and next year the team is his does he blow that off. Austin can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned. He is a flake that goes whichever way the win blows. Things get tough and he gets going. He did it as a player here and as the HC no way he gets a third chance to burn us again.

Forget Trestman too he is the OC for Baltimore I think, so you think he is leaving that for chump change here? Highly fricken unlikely. I agree no Higgens, Cortez, Benevides as DC? Not crazy about it but not going to say flat out no. Steinauer is one of my top choices for HC like I said earlier yes I would jump all over the chance to steal him as a DC but he is not going to make a lateral move like that. Lapo is another for HC. Glenn would be qb coach as of today.

I think the one thing I would make perfectly clear to whoever is the new HC next season is that under no circumstances to they have both the HC and a coordinator role. They must bring in two guys for the position. I would fire Chappy and his son at the end of the season. This never should have happened in the first place. No way you can have relatives on the coaching staff. Way too messy if things go south for one of them.

I’m with you on Austin. ODay may be a good GM some day but right now we definitely need someone with the contacts and experience to make sure next year isn’t a replay of this year. I don’t know about Lapo - he sure sounds good on TV but is he really going to be the long-term guy we need. They definitely need to sort out the GM spot first so that he can be instrumental in picking the right HC. We can throw names around all we want but in reality we have no idea how good a HC any of these guys would be. Hopefully the braintrust have the ability to make the right decision.

I would be most shocked if ET came back to Sask....I would be shocked if he would even agree...to coming back to a city that ran him out of town, really! All I can see is the interview he had when he broke down crying, saying he was with his family and people were yelling at him calling him names etc....ya...he's not coming back, even if it was allowed. lawless has to be wrong on this!

The last thing the team is more controversy so rules out ET. The team needs to make a statement of new beginnings not rehashing the past. ET does not reflect that statement so I can’t see it happening. Jeff Reinebold would probably have the connections but follows the beat of a different drum. He certainly would be a different cat though.:slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I think it stays status quo for another week… There may be tinkering with the 46, but IMO, no way Dyce or O’Day start making those decisions yet… Mathematically, the Riders are not eliminated from the play-offs yet… Montreal has 4 wins and would cross over at this point… But realistically Montreal, B.C., Winnipeg all have their own issues to. If the Riders can rally and win 2 against Winnipeg, and win at home against Ottawa, they can somewhat still control their destiny with 2 against Montreal…

I know it is slim chances, but there is still a chance.

The results of the next 2 against Winnipeg will make things more clear…

So now is not the time yet to start making harsh decisions… maybe as the large list of injured players start recovering and becoming available again, do the interim people start releasing veteran players.

Depop… I read some of the practice reports that Price was struggling with accuracy and have heard that the Sims kid can really throw… Are any of these guys ready to take Sunseri’s spot if say QB Smith got hurt? Unfortunately I live out of town and my work won’t allow me time off to watch Rider Practices…

Yes but how after yesterday can Tino stay? It was very obvious that the team quit on him too as well as Cory. He is the elephant in the room right now. Make Price number two behind Smith. Tino is done in this town and everyone knows it.

not sure the hate for JC. He has done a pretty good job overall IMO. There are aspects of his game I dislike, but you are going to get that with anyone. DD was looking good under him, Glenn was the number one passer in the league, they had the highest passing and rushing and scoring, and fewest sacks I realize 2 OTs padded those stats, but you can still only get 70 yards in OT. The Goal Line formations drive me nuts at times, but barring last game he has not went away from the run really, and he was just trying to make a spark for a team getting walked on. Things can always be better, but I have enjoyed his O for the most part.

Well I think the only reason Tino is around is that Price and or Sims are not ready yet and he is the insurance … But it becomes a chicken and egg thing if Tino is the guy taking reps in practice vs. Sims and/or Price.

I am awaiting Depop’s 2 cents or anyone else for that matter who watches practices to see how these guys (Sims and Price)are progressing with their throws and knowledge of the playbook (vs. Tino)

I am still not sure about Tino yet… On one hand he stands there forever and takes sacks… but maybe Chamblin’s philosophy of “throw an interception and your benched” causes him to be tentative to throw into close coverage… He sure threw a nice ball to Dressler in the 4th quarter…

Point is Chamblin is fired because he only wants veteran players and is poor at developing rookie players… Maybe Tino was not developed properly and his confidence was not the best. I think back to pre-season when he came in and really challenged Willy for the back up spot in 2012 or 2013… He looked really good in that pre-season to the point that fans were not really worried about losing Willy to Free agency…

I would like to see Tino get a game where he can just go out with no pressure… Kinda like that comeback rally against Calgary last year that fell just short. Just tell him to go out and not worry about picks or anything. Basically, give him one last chance to prove himself with nothing to lose… Win or be released. And see what happens. Season is pretty much toast anyways right?

Move Tino to the pr or release. The kids are ready enough in a pinch

Look at it this way...Brandon Bridge came in with basically 0 experience and did pretty well. Cato came in with basically nothing and showed enough to get more starts. Just a couple examples.

Price has spent a couple months last season and a couple months this season on the Roster and actually dressed I think 4 times in 2014...he has already been on the gameday...do it.

Sims is still pretty raw...but should he need action he looks comfortable in practice...more than Price IMO. I would rather see a QB with reasonable playbook knowledge attempting to use raw talent and hunger make a play than a guy who has had ample opportunity but not shown enough, despite the abilities I believe he has.

The game is an ocean of vicious tides and brutal currents. Some guys get in and float or maybe even swim around a little, some guys sink…it is a game of limited opportunity to shine.

Tino in the pocket: Austin Powers Steamroller Stop! - YouTube

Je retiens trois éléments qui me semblent avoir leur importance: Chamblin a congédié ses deux coordonnateurs pour les mauvaises raisons, il a dirigé la défensive de façon inefficace et Taman a fait des échanges douteux qui n’ont pas amélioré l’équipe.

Bien que d’ordinaire, il n’est pas utile de congédier un entraîneur-chef au milieu de la saison, je crois que les Roughriders ne pourront faire pire sous la gouverne de Dyce que sous celle de Chamblin en 2015. J’espère que maintenant, certains détracteurs donneront à Durant le crédit qu’il mérite.

I think Tino has been given more then enough chances to show if he has it or not. He does not. He has zero confidence now and it really showed in the last game. 8-9 sacks with him in last game. Smith had one. You could have Gozilla, King Kong, the Hulk and superman (not Geroy) blocking for him and they couldn't keep this guy from getting sacked.

This is a time to see what else we have or do we need to keep looking. I would have Smith against the bombers back to back and possibly get either Price in for a couple of plays just to dip their toes in the ocean. If Smith does good then keep using him. Oh and I really think we need to lock him up with a contract extension. If we are getting blown out it might be good to get either Sims or Price in again to see if there is anything there.

This season is a wash but that doesn't mean some very valuable player assessments can not be done and in fact should be done. Look at the rest of the year as preseason. Evuluate all the players and bring some new guys in from NFL cuts. Make player and position desicions for next year. Where we are good and where we need changes.

this what happens when you don't believe in Canadian talent and fail to develop a backup quarterback

Je retiens trois éléments qui me semblent avoir leur importance: Chamblin a congédié ses deux coordonnateurs pour les mauvaises raisons, il a dirigé la défensive de façon inefficace et Taman a fait des échanges douteux qui n'ont pas amélioré l'équipe.

Bien que d'ordinaire, il n'est pas utile de congédier un entraîneur-chef au milieu de la saison, je crois que les Roughriders ne pourront faire pire sous la gouverne de Dyce que sous celle de Chamblin en 2015. J'espère que maintenant, certains détracteurs donneront à Durant le crédit qu'il mérite.
[/quote]
it took durant how many years to develop? how many bad passes did he throw and remain in the game?

Yes bring back Eric Tillman, who has been doing a fantastic job in the Hammer.

JimmytheGreek wrote: Yes but how after yesterday can Tino stay? It was very obvious that the team quit on him too as well as Cory. He is the elephant in the room right now. Make Price number two behind Smith. Tino is done in this town and everyone knows it.
Looked to me like most, if not all of the sacks Ottawa got on Tino were because the O-line weren't even trying anymore. Quite on purpose. That was their middle fingered salute to Chamblin, saying "we want Smith."

Not that they were not trying…as posted before…Clark was out and 2 guys could barely walk. Connop was crash coursing to prep entry into the game. They didn’t block well as a result