2 heads roll. Taman and Chamblin gone

Arash Madani ?@ArashMadani 9m9 minutes ago

I'm told Bob Dyce will be interim head coach and Jeremy O'Day will be general manager in Saskatchewan. #CFL

Arash Madani ?@ArashMadani 16m16 minutes ago

BREAKING: Have learned both head coach Corey Chamblin and GM Brendan Taman have been fired in Sask. Decision just came down tonight. #CFL

It's about time - very happy tonight

You just knew that was going to happen after the way the Ottawa game was managed. I suspect taman and cc were often butting heads. Let's start smith on Sunday and continue to develop him.

seeing it pop up fro Lawless, Mandini, now on TSN as well

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/riders-fire-chamblin-gm-taman-after-0-9-start/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/ri ... 0-9-start/[/url]

I will say this...these guys brought Ridernation a Cup at home, and everyone should be eternally grateful for that.

It is amazing that they can win that, start 8-2 last season, and everything just go to crap. How fast things can change.

That's what happens when you wait for disaster to strike before developing your next in line.

This is good news. Horray! :rockin:

Great news, it's up on Riderville and on the CFL site... theres hope yet... at least to develop rookies.

it is all on CKRM right now

Is Taman gone because he wouldn't fire Chamblin?

It was time. Watching the game CC looked like a lost soul with losing the respect of his players.
Putting Tino the Turtle in was the last straw. Time to rid him as well and move Sims to #2. I see good things
In Smith and hope they start him on Sunday. Hate to see someone lose his job but Something had to give.

I think CC lost a significant portion of the locker room by about 1 month in, and over half in Edmonton, and most yesterday.

Any early thoughts long term who comes in to the two positions.
The interim fill ins can’t be permanent?

For me...
GM - Murphy or ET (who would come back for family in a heartbeat), preference Murphy
HC - Lapo and Orlondo Steinauer would be front runners.

I honestly can't see ET coming back in any capacity.

He would, not sure if it would ever be permitted though.

Whos next?
1st up, Harris or Tino...perhaps both?

Tino. No question, from there on its a crap shoot. Harris,perhaps Maze,

Well Taman put his money on Cory and paid the price but he did make a few costly moves and over paid for some questionable talent. Emry at the top of that list.

Not happy this had to happen but yes yesterday was just too much for anyone to take it appears and they had to make a move or lose any players respect for the organization.

Fare well Cory and Taman thanks for the GC but the off season coaching decisions, Chappy and Cory as the Dc were the beginning of the gallows being built. Yesterday was the trap door swinging open and the inevitable happening.