1st Picks Injured

Ok, we're last every year, it sucks, but hey, at least we get the 1st pick over all, that should work out well, right? Bauman hasn't played in either game this preseason, and now Baker potentially breaks his leg and is out for the year. Great. We just don't seem to have very good luck.

Kenny says in his blog.

Finally late word by Thursday
night on Dylan Barker

sounds like the injury - first
feared to be a broken left leg -

may not be as bad as first feared.

It could be a high ankle sprain,
which is going to take time, but

that's better than a break for sure.

I'll keep you posted.

click here

Great news, Ron.

Thanks for sharing that. I was so upset when I read the spec this morning and saw that. I missed it on the radio.

Yea i heard this on the radio last night, very shocking news. They didn't go into any detail but said he went out with a leg injury and that he was at the hospital getting xrays.. good to know its not that serious.

8) According to the sports reports this morning, it is a serious injury, a broken leg !! The Cats have placed Barker on the 9 game injury list and they say the earliest he will be back is September, if at all this year !!!!! Tough luck for the kid, that is for sure !!!

Son of a…
I was hoping for the best. That is just awful news. That poor kid. In pre-season too dammit.

We are cursed.

If it is a Broken Leg look for him go 9 game list.
Means he won't back to till Labour day
I hope just a Bad high ankle sprain
Dillon has worked hard and I want see him be Rewarded.

Hope this injury doesn't throw a monkey wrench into Ticat plans to have Barker start at safety next year.

I wonder if Barker being transferred to the nine-game injured list means another Canadian will be spared on cut day?

According to the sports reports this morning, it is a serious injury, a broken leg !! The Cats have placed Barker on the 9 game injury list and they say the earliest he will be back is September, if at all this year !!!!! Tough luck for the kid, that is for sure !!!
Don't put the cart before the horse Tipper....

“Finally late word by Thursday night on Dylan Barker sounds like the injury - first feared to be a broken lleft leg - may not be as bad as first feared. It could be a high ankle sprain, which is going to take time, but that’s better than a break for sure”

http://catchat.thespec.com/

This what should happen…if Dillon is put on the 9 game.

8) I am going by what Rick Zamperin said this morning (Friday June 20) on his CHML sports show at 7:55am !!!! CHML is your official voice of the TiCats by the way, and Friday am comes after Thurs. nights report also !!!!

Man that blows...we need some luck! It wasn't printers or lumsden at least.

I wish Barker all the best, but I doubt he would have gotten any real pt this year.

Wow, calm down people, it's not like Printers, or Lumsden or Moreno went down.

I feel sorry for the kid, he is talented, but he wasn't even going to start this year. He would just be starting on Special Teams and in dime packages. I'm sure there are guys who will step in and do a competent job.

I get what you mean, though, it's just weird and ironic. Number one pick injured in preseason. Only the Ticats!!

I have it on good authority that his leg is broken and he was to have surgery on Friday. Sorry guys. I wanted to see him play this year as much as you all did.

The latest report says it is a fibula fracture and that the fibula separated from the ankle bone. This injury can often be mistaken for a bad ankle sprain but usually after xrays it is revealed. A fairly common and potentially career threatening injury. The fibula is the bone on the outside of the calf, I actually fractured mine earlier this year but higher on the fibula accompanied by a severe ankle sprain.
The bone will knit in 6 weeks but will not be fully healed for a lot longer. The connective tissue damage which will no doubt have happened will take probably a lot longer to heal and strengthen.
Hopefully it is not as bad as all that, Barker is probably a very fit and strong young man and should heal rather quickly however the ankle will take a lot of work to get back to 100%.
Gonna be hard for a safety, or any player for that matter. Physiotherapist told me that balance comes from the ankles. Balance is something very important to a safety I would guess.
Also, I would think that I would rather have a fracture than an ankle sprain any day. At least with a broken bone it will heal. An ankle sprain, not strain, will have a lot of connective tissue damage, usually tearing, which takes a lot longer to heal and the tears will heal with scar tissue that has very little strength.
Best of luck to Dylan Barker and a speedy recovery.

Fortune changes when attitudes change. Bishop got hurt last year and it did not stop the Argos. Stay positive as the players are and good things will happen.

I'm sure we will learn the facts soon enough. This won't hurt the team that much right now, but it will certainly delay Barker's progression towards being a full time starter in the CFL. Essentially, he will be delayed by a year and never mind the whole psychological aspect that Dylan will go through. This injury is most likely the worst of his career and it will probably make him a very tentative player when he first comes back. I think this easily delays his development by a year. It's a shame for him and a shame for the Tiger-Cats.

Bauman is another unfortunate story. The team and fans are expecting a lot out of this kid and yet he was unable to play in either exhibition game. How can he be a starter now? I hate to say it, but it sounds like Chris needs to get a little tougher. He had a lot of difficulty in last year's training camp as well. From my view point, he has a lot of growing up to do. I hope I'm wrong and that he has truly been hampered this pre-season with injuries, but I can't help but wonder if some of the other receivers had similar ailments and yet were still able to play. If you heard OB's comments on the FAN590, you could read between the lines and really hear his disappointment in Chris. He was surprised as anyone that Chris didn't play against the Argos. Saying that all of sudden right before the game Chris complained about some tightness and pulled out of the game. Maybe I'm being harsh here, believe me, I like this kid and want him to succeed. Does anyone have more info that maybe shoots down my theory?