1986 Easten Final Ham vs TO best of two...

I've been telling my nephew about this series for sometime now, and finally decided to try and track it down.

It was a best of two series, total points game. I'm sure many of you remember. I've tried everything from cbc, to the cfl, hall of fame, to ebay, and beyond. So far nothin. I'm a section 7 season ticket holder and would love to hear from... and strike up a deal... with someone out there who might have these two games on video.

hopin fro the best..

oski-wee-wee

b

I wonder why C.B.C. wouldnt have that game on tape somewhere....

Oh they do, just not for sale. You have to wait until it gets aired as a classic, then tape it...

b

Check with "mightypope". I picked up a 1957 GC DVD from him on the weekend! :thup:

Thank you, will do..

b

I tried cbc a few years ago for the same games and recieved no reply. Im still lookin. :thdn:

Good luck to ya..

I've never actually seen those games. (I was 6 when they played.) But I do have the 86 Grey Cup game on tape though and I watch that every so often. Man, what a defense that was!

It was a defence that was battle-tested. It took the offense three years to finally get over the playoff hump -- and Mike Kerrigan was magnificent!

JC Watts* had ZERO chance once the tide turned in the second game.

Dunigan? The most overwhelmed star QB in the history of the Grey Cup, arguably (Ron Lancaster in 1967 would argue, I'm sure).

The Cats were not to be denied. I will never forget the effort of that team to overcome adversity and persevere.

Oski Wee Wee,

Wasn't Congressman J.C. Watts playing QB for Argos in 86??

Yes. I corrected my post above. Watts came in roughly at midseason for Holloway as the starter. He was at the helm for the playoff series. Thanks for your post.

Oski Wee Wee,

my greatest ticat memory was gm 2 in t.o's ex stadium
we were down by like something like 26 pts and it was glum.
i was taking it bad from a bunch of argo fans all around me.
up is ilesic to punt all of sudden something natural came out of my big yap "hank the shank, hank the shank" next thing you know the snap sails over his head.
we go on to win rallying in the 2nd half and the best part was giving it back to the now quiet argo fans.
best cat game i ever saw live.

my greatest ticat memory was gm 2 in t.o's ex stadium
we were down by like something like 26 pts and it was glum.
i was taking it bad from a bunch of argo fans all around me.
up is ilesic to punt all of sudden something natural came out of my big yap "hank the shank, hank the shank" next thing you know the snap sails over his head.
we go on to win rallying in the 2nd half and the best part was giving it back to the now quiet argo fans.
best cat game i ever saw live.

I was 16 and went to the game by myself. It was the best game I have ever been to. I will never forget it.

Hey 'B' - I'm a member of an on-line mini-helmet club, and this gentleman, by the name of Rene, has what you are looking for on DVD:

rayotte@telusplanet.net

Don't know the cost...let him know one of the VHM members sent you.

God bless you man!!!!

thanks for the tip. :thup:

b

That must have been a dandy one to be at..

Lucky you!

b