18 penalties

I think the Cats took 18 penalties last night in a pretty decently officiated game. Rounded off, that's 18 first downs that the offense needs to come up with and that's asking a lot of any offense let alone one as pathetic as this one.

But those penalties represent more than that. To me they represent:

1. coaches who are unable to communicate with their players.

2. players who have given up

3. players who are selfish

4. players who are stupid

5. players who are lazy

6. players who are not good enough

That many penalties would make it difficult for even a good team to win the game and we know this is far from being a good team. The coaches must deal with the number of penalties their guys are taking.

An Argo-Cat fan

Wow now that I do like.

The selfish part is very good, I see that more and more each game.

And the one that really takes the cake is the given up part.

Players give up each down and then you have players with heart and would like show it but cant get the chance til the end of the game

I'd like a list of the penalties posted.

With all the resources of this site that would be a good addition I think.

Charon got more than his share.

Is it true that he had an ACL removed three weeks ago as CBC stated (Mark lee), then no wonder he was holding and he has to be out of shape and you have to ask why was he then playing?

Answer ,he was good enough to go so we played him,he's a leader etc.....????

Woodard was also holding quite a bit and had some false starts as I recall.

Sad to say, but anyway glimpse of a turnaround we may have had in the Winnipeg win is kaput.

The O-line must be reworked at the tackle position, I believe. I am not sold on Woodard at this point. Giving Dyakowski a look at right tackle and shifting Davis to his natural left side might be the long term best bet. We shall see.

I also like the Cody at safety experiment. It will take time for him to adapt, but with his hitting and ballhawking skills, a successful transition will pay huge dividends down the road.

Continuity IS important. Knowing what your realistic postseason chances are, however, permits one to make these kinds of experiments. I will not begrudge Charlie and his staff from trying to find the right combinations.

Oski Wee Wee,

What I dont uderstand is how Montreal who have given up the most sacks in the CFL dont get called for holding penalties ??

Are you trying to tell me that they dont hold on any of the scrambles that Calvilo turned into big plays , but they have the most sacks against ???

Also the CBC guys especially Lee ( who i cant stand ) made a point to show Jim Popp on the field complaining about an illegal interferance call against Montreal and even showed the replay . Yet they never showed any of the replays of the similiar calls against the Ticats ???

I guess Popp has seen so many flags go up against the Cats that he figures his team isnt supposed to get those kinds of calls against them .

My comments are in bold.
Merlin

hey barney fife, i completely agree with your thoughts on the types of players that are committing these penalties.the common denominator is players.
the types of players-these are the types of players that are being signed by the big cheese, why are none of the other teams committing these types of penalties at an alarming rate? because they don't sign these types of players, that's why.good point on
the character traits of the players that suit up for your hamilton tiger-cats.FIND OTHER PLAYERS!!

CITY LEGEND

One penalty that wasn't called on Montreal that I thought was really obvious was just after the half, they got the ball, but had to punt. They punted the ball straight out of bounds at our 27. Isn't the new rule you're not allowed to punt it out of bounds between the 20s?

The ball bounced in bounds. The non-call was correct, by rule. The illegal kick call on a punt can only be made if the punt leaves the field directly in the air without bouncing in bounds.

Oski Wee Wee,

Ever stop to think that maybe the reason AC gets sacked so often is because the O Line doesnt hold?

LOL; ro you are a truth speaker, well done.

Anyway, I agree with the earlier posts about Woodard. His performance was particularly brutal. Not just the penalties, but he was getting eaten alive by Kashama/Stewart/Bowman.

Hard to argue against that one

I'd like a list of the penalties posted.

With all the resources of this site that would be a good addition I think.

Click here:

http://www.ticats.ca/stats_pdf_game/2007/40scoring.pdf

We3 are so "almost there" that it hurts to watch.

The comments are right on the mark...our OLine does not "have it" and shoving injured players like Pascal into the lineup doesn't solve anything, but creates other issues.

Another poster nailed it when he said bring back Coach Sal to sort out the OLine; if Bob's got any money left, hire a couple NFL linemen and get past that Greg Marshall thing of so many Canucks on the line.

At the same time, don't expect to be winning anytime soon, until the imports start to learn the Cdn game, know each other and understand the gameplan....and just start praying that we can hold on to Jesse, as he is in fact a part of the future!

I agree we need to get some linemen in here from NFL cuts, but it’s the two American tackle that we need to upgrade. They’ve been the weakest links.

think the Cats took 18 penalties last night in a pretty decently officiated game. Rounded off, that's 18 first downs that the offense needs to come up with and that's asking a lot of any offense let alone one as pathetic as this one.
I might be nitpicking..but it was 18 penalties, but only 125 yards. So maximum by that argument, it was only 12.5 first downs that need to be made...plus some were on defence and coverage special teams (no yards), so the offence wouldnt be responsible to make up the difference....