18,000 expected Friday vs. B.C.

Long weekend rain expected lousy seasons last few yrs add up to this If the game was Sun or Mon I think you'd have over 20k people tend to take off Friday or Pack.

I dunno…that’s a convenient excuse. Do we really think that, say, 4,000 people who would normally be at the Ticats game all have cottages to go to and can’t make to a Friday night game??

I don’t doubt there aren’t a few…there’s one in the group that I usually go with…but I don’t think this would be a factor if we’re coming off a couple half decent seasons.

The Bruce factor might pull a few more out now.

This week is also the biggest week for holidays as well. I agree better seasons past this wouldnt be an issue, but with rain and poor season people have chosen to play it by ear and wait to see with weather at game or just pack up and get out of town

Is everybody from OZ? Will you melt if the rain touches you?
What a lame excuse.

Thats what im thinking.
I dont care what the weather is going to be i love watching the game rain or shine.

people get your ass down to the stadium friday night!
and when your there make some noise

Let's face it, there's an excellent solid core of TiCats fans in the city and surrounding area but not a groundswell of fans and TiCat culture and as said, with the team not doing well over the last few seasons, well, what do you expect. And then there is the economy as well.

A few more wins might help for sure for the casual fan out there.

Wonder if the Bruce signing will help sell some tickets.

We need lots of help from the weather.

Rain, rain go away!

Saskchewan went through hard times just like the Bills you would never see 18,000 at those stadiums.You don't have a clue what your talking about GeoffW,18,000 is a joke.

[url=http://www.geocities.com/cfl_historical/CFL-Attendance.htm]http://www.geocities.com/cfl_historical ... ndance.htm[/url]

These statistics prove otherwise. Take a look at 1991,1992,1993,1996, and 1999 for Saskatchewan. When you average only 19,000 fans per game in a season, I'd safe it's safe to assume that there were MULTIPLE games below 18 000.

If the Bruce trade could pull in 3,000 curious fans, that would pay his salary for the year!!
3,000 x $50 = $150,000 (plus 3,000 fans buying hot dogs, beer etc))

who cares about those stats in the most populated area in canada and all you can muster is 18,000,ESK123 this is all we basically have in this city get out and support the team once in awhile. :rockin:

Hey I agree with you, but what you have to remember is that you do have a bigger market in Edmonton. We just don’t have a lot of CFL fans in southern ontario.
We get all these guys preaching how great the CFL is, yet only 18,000 fans turn up to see an exciting team. On Saturday there will probably only be about 20,000 in Toronto for the Argos game.

I will be taking the GO Transit from Toronto to Hamilton. I bought a seat at TicketMaster at the Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket for close to $100. I am looking forward to the game. ( For $100 I better be!) I have a great seat. Ivor Wynne beats Rogers Centre, in my humble opinion. I prefer open air stadiums--to heck with the changing weather.

My vocal chords don't allow me to yell too loud--I get hoarse very quickly. I bought a megaphone for the Jr. B lacrosse playoffs. It has a volume control, a siren and you can record up to 10 seconds on it.

Should I bring it with me?

I dont think they will let you in with that, they really should but there are a ton of stupid rules. Anything that is going to help make noise should be fine.

The defense likes it LOUD!

yeah…natural sound is always best. Megaphones and air horns can be f’n annoying – no offence intended. I just prefer hearing the thunderous roar of the crowd…not ear peircing high pitched tweets that come from horns, sirens and megaphones. Trying to think of a good alternative…well…clapping works pretty well too.

I like any noise
horns, sirens, bells, drums as long as its loud lets use em

Do not worry. We will make enough noise for a full house.

And canned P.A. noise i.e. “DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFENCE!” is a joke, too. The energy IS the crowd, period. Fans must be allowed to create their own energy.

Oski Wee Wee,

Thanks for the imput everyone. I'm going to leave the megaphone at home. I was concerned for the annoyance factor concerning other fans around me. The other thing to bear in mind is that there are some folks with hearing aids (you don't have to be elderly to wear those things) and that would really be problematic for them, especially the siren. It would go right through their heads--painful.

Anyway, last time I saw the Newmarket Saints play during the Jr. B playoffs I really let it rip. I surprised myself. I guess if we all just reach down and pull it out we'll make enough noise--megaphone or no megaphone!

GO CATS GO!!!

Yup, nothing like Lacrosse playoffs to tear up the vocal chords!! (If anyone is ever looking for an awesome, local sporting event to attend in the summer, you really have to check out some playoff lacrosse. I prefer Jr. A over everything else – and a trip out to Six Nations is arguably the best…may not have the atmoshpere some of the more rowdy places do, but anywhere (St. Kitts, Orangeville…might be the best, Burlington, Oakville…wherever) is a real treat.)

Anyway…pretty pumped for the game tonight. I think its gonna be a nice sized loud crowd!!