16 Shades of Grey (Cups)

Vote for the most memorable Grey Cup game of all time:

[url=http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/11/19/grey-cup-2012-vote-for-the-best-cfl-game/]http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/11/ ... -cfl-game/[/url]

For me it was the the 67th in 1979 in Montréal, in which the Eskies won 17-9. What was yours?

The 50th Grey Cup. The 1962 Fog Bowl at the old CNE Stadium. My guy leads the Bombers to a 28-27 win (with a little help from Leo Lewis).

My favourite "championship" game of all time? That's a no-brainer. Last year's Vanier Cup. 41-38 overtime win for McMaster over mighty Laval. We had the best seats in the renovated BC Place where the atmosphere was electric. It was a truly electric night of football on a beautiful evening in Vancouver.

The Fog Bowl is a bit early for me as I was only 5 years old then. Sorry I missed last year's Vanier Cup! Is that available anywhere?

It'll be televised again by TSN this week, I think thursday. :thup:

I guess they have some programming slots available now... :wink:

Full disclosure: I was only 7. But I’ve read and heard so much about the game, it’s become enshrined in my head. Does that still count then as a “favourite Grey Cup” or am I a case of a guy with an implanted “false memory?” :?

All of the Riders Grey Cup victories!! :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mr. Forum Moderator: I'd like to report that Turkeybend 2 keeps making faces at us.

I am quite sure the rider fans will make sure the 89 cup wins.

My grey cup memory is going to be this sundays game. the 100th grey cup and the home team argos hopefully taking the crown, exactly what this franchise needs. :rockin:

my top 5 are

94, 96, 91, 97, 89

nowhere near my top are every cup won by montreal and edmonton, and every cup lost by BC and sask.

hamilton beating the esks in 86 was a great one too.

didnt really care much for any of the cups between 67 and 84.

Wouldn't be hard pressed to remember them all. :smiley: :cowboy:

5 in a row, no more needs to be said! :cowboy: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

That is actually my favourite Cup game......

for me my most rememberable grey cups are 87 89 91 92 94 01 08 and 09 lol 09 ill never forget that one

97 really? I don’t remember that being a particularly good football game. The Riders were severely outmatched and were never really in it.

The 2011 Vanier Cup is still available to view on TSN, better hurry as they might delete it after this year's game:

http://watch.tsn.ca/cis/#clip574686 :rockin:

And this is why I have a stereotype of Stamp fans and will not be cheering for them this year or any year. Unlike their stereotypical fan however I will not try to rub it in their face if they lose, and will congratulate them if they win. I can't tell you how many pathetic crappy sore loser fans tried to rub that loss in my face after the 09 game. (Don't get me wrong there were those that were good sports too, but the vocal minority (I hope it is the minority) really soured me on them) And yes I get the irony of a Rider fan saying this about another fan base, when it is usually Rider fans who are criticized for this, but I consider this behaviour for any fan base to be atrocious.
I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to having to hear it from Stamp fans all weekend who quite often seem to be happier that the Riders are out than the Stamps being in.

All that being said I hope this one is "rememberable" for you too.

AWESOME Xvys! Thanks a million!

Most memorable, no doubt it was 1989. The greatest football game ever played. I don't even care that the Ti-Cats lost, that game was amazing. It won't just be Rider fans that vote for that one. In fact, I'd like to hear an argument against that game being the best Grey Cup game ever.

Others that deserve mention are the 1996 game played in Hamilton between the Argos and Eskimos and the 1998 game between the Stamps and Ti-Cats. My personal favourite memory is the 1999 rematch between Calgary and Hamilton, but that wasn't a very good game for anyone other than Tiger-Cat fans. But 996, 1998 and 1989 are my top three.

its a fav to me because

• flutie led the winning team
  • it was flutie's last game in the cfl
  • last time a team won back to back
  • I was cheered a lot for the argos.

I might also add honourable mention to 92 as again, it was a flutie led team that won and of course flutie was game MVP