11 and OH BABY!

That was a great game by the Als . I really thought we were going to lose. The Als' pass rush was real good , our O-line just couldn't handle them . And the Als execution on offence was real good .
I was telling my buddy , just watch they're going to drive for 2 touchdowns yet, and they did. When they got there first one , I told him watch them go for 2 and they're going to get it. And they did . Then they got the second td and were going for 2 again . I was sure they were going to get it too because of the good play so far . But super play by Marsh !!! ( remember how we all thought Marsh sucked last year??) He was the hero of the game!
That "call " by Matthews could have gone either way , and almost did . I won't critisize him for it , he would have been a hero had they made it . And there are already a couple of threads on it already.
A great game played by the Als , but it seems BC is just destined to win this year. They seem to get into other teams heads so they screw up to lose. Hope they win it all!

Als played a good game and showed they are better than their record indicates. Calvillo looked good as well as their receivers. They made some amazing catches in the game. I knew this game would go down to the wire as do most Lions/Als games. I thought to myself at the game that I wouldn’t put it past Don to go for the 2 pt convert and the win. I was proven right. Don isn’t the winningest coach for no reason so he did what he thought was best for his team. I neither agree or disagree with his call.

Lions have another tough test against the Esks next week and I’ll be there for it. Esks should have the advantage playing on the natural grass and are tough at home.

I forgot what year it was but the Als were 9-0 then lost 9 straight. I was thinking more along the lines of 11-7 Lions. They still play Sask at home twice, and Edmonton twice on the road, plus Montreal on the road, and Winnipeg twice. Will the Bombers be able to come through for Edmonton's sake? First place isn't locked up yet.

If Edmonton loses 2 games, at least 1 against the Lions, first in the West is locked up.

In that case, even if the Lions lost every other game they'd end up 12-6

Edmonton would be 12-6 (assuming only the 2 losses), and BC with the 2/3 wins vs Edm would take first.

So next weeks game has some huge implications.

Edmonton needs to win both games vs BC to have a chance at first, and I don't see em doing it.

But stranger things have happened.

I disagree… Marsh got burned a couple of times last night… and he was playing way too soft… granted he did make a nice play on the 2 point convert attempt… BUT… he was no hero… that convert wouldn’t have counted even if he didn’t knock the ball out of Cahoons hands as there was a penalty against Mtl… the league has it down as in illegal substitution… but i swear the ref called that Cahoon had stepped out of bounds making him an ineligible reciever on that play… either way there was a penalty and it wouldn’t have counted… from where i was sitting Marsh was one of the weakest guys on the defence last night… 1 play does not a hero make.

2001 was the year the Als went 9-0 then 0-9.

BINGO! :smiley:

I think its safe to say BC will end up in first place. Now
will they be in the Grey cup???? We'll see.

If DON , had done this early in the season , then O.K…but , MONTREAL needs all the points that it can get , now…they are still 4 points behind the ARGOS and SASK…is now 2 points ahead of them , and OTTAWA.

Play the percentages and kick the convert , and it gives your team a chance.

Even , if it had worked it was still a dumb thing to do , at this point of the season…there are not that many games left to play.

If MONTREAL , doesn’t make the play offs…this game could have been the back breaker.