11-0

the lions have done it again...it wasn't pretty, fancy and at times kind of boring...and frustrating, but the rabbit did come out of the hat...and they won again!!! the defence kept us in for the whole game, even though they let two td's in the fourth...but they worked their asses off for the 3 previous quarters, while the offence sputtered...who in turn turned it on when it was needed the most...overall great game and i can't wait for the next home game!!!

keep on going lions!!!

and their were doubters???

Other than the first quarter, I wouldn't call last nights game boring...man, it was another nail-biter!!

Now, all we need to do is get past Edmonton next week, and we have first place, and home field in the finals clinched.

the defence kept us in for the whole game, even though they let two td's in the fourth...but they worked their asses off for the 3 previous quarters, while the offence sputtered...who in turn turned it on when it was needed the most...overall great game and i can't wait for the next home game!!!
It was almost a heart-stopping victory as 'the Don" came in and almost stole one in the first quarter. Some game thoughts.

Defence: The Lions defence was OUTSTANDING in the first three quarters, holding a talented Montreal offence to a field gaol. Johnson and Williams were a force on the line with Ferrara and Wilson also playing well. Floyd was impressive again at linebacker. Even though Phillips was beaten on one score..outside of that play he was unbelievable and in my opinion the best cover guy in the CFL. Marsh made a great play on the two point convert, Tiller is the best sixth defensive back in the CFL and Young is just plain smart.
Crumb, for the most part, was solid and didn't hurt us.

In the fourth quarter the Montreal offence starting exploiting Mark Washington, especially with Cahoon, and was continually beaten. Cahoon burned him on a touchdown and later Washington missed a coverage which allowed Cahoon to be open for a long gain down the sideline. I'm just glad we had Marsh covering Cahoon on the two point convert. It was turnovers by the defence and special teams play (the first kickoff reverse and Floyd's forced fumble) which led to most of our points.

Special teams: Considering how many times we punted our downfield coverage job did a good job with a very dangerous punter in Landry. There were some spectacular individual tackles by Floyd, Kidd, and Glatt. Montreal defenced our punt returns well and got down fast, staying in their lanes. It stopped us from reaching the wall or even hitting a gap effectively. O'Mahoney's punting was impressive and while his field goal kicking always seems scary he did the job.

Offence: Our offence still is struggling to find consistency. We had too many two and outs and the defence was tired at the end from being on the field too much. Our only real scoring drive was on our last touchdown. I've been quite critical of Chapdelaine at times on this website in the past but he's made some excellent adjustments over the last two games. These include a variety of play action with better deception, changed blocking schemes, more designed rollouts, moving the pocket, utilizing the screen better (they actually ran it twice to Warren...the first for a huge gain and the second one was really set up well but Warren tripped himself). In the first half the problem was Dickenson holding the ball too long. I wish he would just throw it out of bounds or at a recievers feet than taking sacks or scrambling around back there. Printers gets huge criticism when he does it but Dickenson is just as bad at times. In the second half, especially in the fourth quarter Dickenson was releasing the ball much quicker and it made a huge difference. I'm always calling for the Leos to sneak Green out of the backfield because teams usually don't account for him. Chapdelaine made the designed call to Green on their last scoring drive and it was a key call at a crucial time....leading to huge pass and run by Lyle Green. I also give Benevedes credit for excellent film analysis and an innovative kick-off reverse to start the game...a great call.

In the end, it was an outstanding play by Marsh on Cahoon which gave us our victory. A controversial call by Mathews. Montreal knew ahead of time that if they scored they were going to their bread and butter play with Cahoon for the two point convert. Montreal had momentum and the percentages would say they should have gone for the convert. However, with fatigue (it was late at night for Montreal) the crowd, and with the B.C. defense reeling from two late touchdown scores Mathews went with the situation over the percentages. Buono did the same thing earlier when he went for two points when he should have kicked for one and the whole situation would have been academic. The Don will take some heat but overall it wasn't a bad call.

Anyway, we dodged a bullet. Our offence needs to get better. It was much more explosive last year when Printers was healthy. Teams continue to blitz us on almost every play. Last night Montreal had eight men in the box most of the game. Our quarterbacks have to get better at releasing the ball quicker..Chapdelaine is making the necessary adjustments and it now comes down to execution.

Its almost unbelievable we're 11-0. What a season so far!!!!

Good anlysis Blitz . Marsh turned out to be the hero of the game at the end .That sure is nice to see after all the fak he got last year , when everyone thought he should be released . And even other teams fans were calling him the worst cover guy in the league. Wally is looking pretty smart now , and especiallywith the new guys added like Philps.
But in last nights game it looked not that great when the Als were getting first downs at will for most of the game. But the Lions made up for that with all those timely forced fumbles.

The only thing undefeated means is how foolish they will look losing in the playoffs and putting on unneeded pressure going in. For the Lions sake you guys better hope you lose at least a couple games before the season is up.

again, the Leos were able to take advantage of opponent mistakes, and the Al's weren't able to do that.

just wondering.... was it Washington with the blown coverage down the sidelines?... or was it Marsh... Marsh is the CB and is responsible for the sideline.... i was certain that i was seeing 31 on the jersey on that side of the field... hope it wasn't my eyes... i'm too young for my eyes to be that bad :? but i was sure i was seeing 31 on the jersey of the guy getting burnt down the Mtl. sideline in the 4th...

Don Matthews has proved once again that he is the biggest wingnut in the CFL. That is now two calls that have cost his team dearly. The first against Ottawa (who throws on 3 and 1 with less then a minute to go) cost his team out right the game. Last night cost his team the win because they missed it, but it also cost them a chance to win in overtime. Even if neither team gets a yard I'll take Montreal's kicker over O'mahoney any day.

just wondering.... was it Washington with the blown coverage down the sidelines?... or was it Marsh... Marsh is the CB and is responsible for the sideline.... i was certain that i was seeing 31 on the jersey on that side of the field... hope it wasn't my eyes... i'm too young for my eyes to be that bad but i was sure i was seeing 31 on the jersey of the guy getting burnt down the Mtl. sideline in the 4th...
It did look like Marsh that was beaten but from my view it was Washinton that had the deep third outside zone in that coverage and Marsh was rolled up on the flat. To me it looked like Marsh let him go, expected Washington to pick him up deep but Washington had reacted upfield. I'm not 100% sure because I don't know the defensive call but that's the way it looked to me Chronic Guy!

If not I'm booking an appointment with my optometrist!!

where's the game film when ya need it eh?... lol
and of course without knowing what defence they were using it's tough to tell who's guy it was...

let's both get our eyes tested and whoevers results were better.... :lol: j/k
you're probably right... you've got great insight and knowledge of the game...

who was the team to stop bc’s FLUKE streak you guessed it EE just in case you don’t know what that stands for Edmonton Eskimos and Ever Excellence. We kicked bc’s a@@ on saturday night. now bc is gonna lose they’re remaining games. EE will win they’re remaining games and EE will host the Western Final. :lol:

And as for Calgary when we come to your house next we will TRASH it. We are gonna kick you a@@ and it won’t be pretty and I say this again it’s gonna be ugly you will be lucky if you get a field goal. You guys got lucky the last game and it will not happen again. Beware The Eskimos are turnin it up for the last part of the season. I am sure i will get alot of replys to this which i am looking forward to recieving. Good luck guys you will need it. :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
                       SKMOFAN

HAHAHA... all i have to say to that is either keep dreaming... or keeep smoking whatever it is you're smoking....