106th Grey Cup Predictions /wishes

Why not?

It can be any number of things that do it. I LOVE Montreal, the smoked meat, the night life, the history, the bagels!..
couldn’t stand their teams.

I have family in Ottawa, love visiting. But good lord, between the Sens fans and oppsie daisying their way into two Grey Cup berths and one win… ugghhh

BC? seems lovely. never been. still not sure how Damon Allen was the most underrated QB in the league for what seemed like 40 years according to every CFL announcer and good lord that was infuriating.

Edmonton? screw you guys for stealing every running back we’ve ever had and winning with them. (ron williams, Troy Davis, CJ… ya i’m reaching here… ooooo wait, they saddled us with Jason Maas)

Calgary? still upset over 98.

Winnipeg, their team looks awesome… i really want to be able to cheer for this city… years of experience of CFL boards has been a constant reminder that their fans are terrible human beings online. oooo and Oshea

Saskatchewan kinda sorta in the same boat… slightly lesser degree…

None of this lessens my desire to see a game in each city (my wife doesn’t quite get that bucket list item… but these things happen) i’ll have a great time, and hate the city i’m in with every fibre of my being, all while enjoying the hell out of every that city has to offer.

and i’m perfectly fine with this particular brand of cognitive dissonance.

I can’t hate the Toronto Maple Leafs in this one so I’ll pull for Ottawa in Sundays horse race.

But the truth could very well be: Calgary 26, Ottawa 19.

Spoken like a guy whose team regularly gets clobbered by both of these teams.

Contrary to popular sentment, I am cheering for Ottawa for a couple of reasons. In 2016, when they won the cup, Trevor Harris handled the situation with class. Elingson and Sinopoli are good chacter players…love story on their kicker. Have not seen too much cockiness from this team.
Secondly, if Ottawa loses, it show just how really crappy of a team we have… and it’ll make feel a little bit better that we did not get blown away against a third rate team.

That’s how I see it too. GO RedBlacks!

Grover, I believe Russ Jackson’s Riders won that game.

Yes he did, it was the only pic i could find with Stamps and RR’s in it .:slight_smile:
Russ Jackson is so unbelievably cool! 8) 8) 8)

That was 1968

Not a fan of either team, but here’s hoping to a good last game of the CFL season tonight. Before the dreaded long, long and coldoff season begins.

In reality

I’m deciding who to wish to victory based on the coaches who I like or dislike …

I don’t like Dickenson as a Coach especially after his outburst last Sunday on the sidelines.

Campbell is a cool coach ,liked his Father with the Eskimoes ,like Father ,like son…

Go Ottawa Rough Riders !

Simoni gets it:

Would love to see Bakari Grant get a Grey Cup. :slight_smile:

Usually resentful this time of year thinking HAM is as good as at least one of the teams in the game.

But I’m perfectly at ease knowing HAM isn’t anywhere near the class of CAL and barely in shouting distance of OTT.

Irony is its good HAM didn’t sneak into the GC this year. It would give the false impression everything is just fine…

When it so obviously isnt,

I hope,
Both teams lose, and both in heartbreaking fashion so that both fan bases are completely crushed and embarrassed . >:(

Simoni Lawrence

@Simoni_Lawrence
Happy grey cup to every I hope both teams lose :v:?

I could not care less who wins this year’s Grey Cup. Don’t like either team.
No matter. I’ve got the wings and beer ready to go and it’s the CFL championship… so I hope to see some good football. :slight_smile:

Boyz I am actually going for the eastern conference and the Redblacks as my angle is that if the Redblacks dominate and beat the Stamps then it was no fluke we got pasted last week !

It wasn’t a fluke. We suck, they dont.

I’m with you.

If OTT loses, I want it to be on a 93 yard fluke pass on second and long in the final minute.

If CAL loses, I want it to be on an illegal block call that nullifies a long punt return TD in the last 90 seconds of the game.

Is that too specific?

Perfect scenarios ExPat! Love it! But if both teams could lose, that would be heaven!

Haha! Amazing