1040 says 70 percent of fans are not going.

Psssst bc42, I have a secret for you.

Gameseven has jumped off the bandwagon! :wink: :wink: :wink:

i agree just heard on 1040 that they are not pushing a sell out anymore more like 45,000 at the most which i think is very reachable yet.

45K for a 2nd home game is VERY positive no matter what the circumstances are

i know 45k is excellent but i do not know if they are even going to hit 40,000 as i just found out that there is a lot of tickets everywere.in the configured sitting plan.

Sorry about the wrong info on the lower bowl is not no were near sold out.just heard on cknw today sports update that only 33,000 have been sold, so we are probebly only going to get around 36,000

I still don't know why the media even started to suggest selling out B.C. Place.

Since the resurgence under Bob Ackles, the Lions have not drawn more than 38,000 for a regular season game in the last five years. So why the suggestion another 22,000 would show up for a memorial tribute game?

Yes Lions fans know who Bob Ackles is and through many stories the general public has learned a lot about the man. But that doesn't mean they are going to run out and buy tickets to the game.

It was actually irresponsible to even suggest a sellout without even knowing the pre-sale count and it better not take away from the significance of Friday night and paying tribute to a great man.

i agree i think this advertising of a a sell out is a insult to bobby's intellegents, he would have come strieght out and said yes we have a chance for a sell out or we are no were near, it is dumb for the media to even make a story up of that magnitude. And of corse you watch on the weekend were tey wil blame the fan's for not coming out, well they should have not made up that story to begin with. i think if we were all told that we will get a regualr season crowed people would have accepted that, but instaed they have made themselves look stupid and very unproffessional.Something bobby ackles would not have stood for, and if this is an indication how they are going to run the team, they are going to find themselves getting 18,000 a game again in a real hurry. i for one am chocked at them, and if this ever happends again i am not renewing my saeson tickets again because this could be the start of a downfall.

Get your act to gether. Bc Lions Managment.

I work in the media and I can tell you nobody from the Lions has suggested 60,000 was the targeted crowd.

It started on Pratt and Taylor a couple of days after Bob's passing and it seemed to snowball from there. TSN mentioned several times last week of a "jam packed" BC Place on July 18.
Given the game was a week away they should have called the Lions to see where ticket sales were then. They needed to be at least 40,000 to make such a prediction and I guarantee it was nowhere near that number.

good old Pratt blabing off his mouth again.

There’s the problem right there, Pratt & Taylor, two of the biggest “Buffoons” in the media. :roll: :roll:

Love this. You trash Riders and our Grey Cup. Your say your not smart. Who is dumb 77. It’s you’re not your. You’re is YOU ARE. Your is your IQ.

We lost 4 of our best defensive players in the middle of the game, it is part of the game, but with those guys in the lineup you can’t say that you guys would’ve won for sure.

Then you go to the Grey cup and barely beat Winnipeg with their starting QB out of the lineup.

He does raise a good point you can’t argue that really.

Saskatchewan got lucky, but also i think they needed that Grey Cup to keep that town happy. But then again they went and lost the QB who won it for them.

As far as BC being in 4th, do people realize we’ve only played 3 games? I’m going tonight gonna round up as many of my buddies as i can, at least add 20 to that number like the west final last year and the last regular season game.

Whats important isn’t the number, and not even the game as much as Bobby Ackles deserves his send off. I for one drove 13 hours to Lui’s real last game, and i’m wearing the shirt from that game. I was 16, and i got to see the Guess Who, and i don’t care if they weren’t playin the instruments. No time left for you, no time left for you…