1040 says 70 percent of fans are not going.

1040 poll question today say’s that 70 percent of fans are not going to Bob Ackles tribute game on friday this just tells you that football is not that big in this province yet, and the lions better do something about this , because i can only see on national tv a trubute to bob ackles and only seeing 35,000 in there, remember that is what loui got on loui night back in 2000,( and back then the lions only had 9,000 season ticket holders) if this is the cas then this is a real joke to bob’s memory. instaed of this being a celebration this is going to be a joke.

I also think they should have had a public celbration out side somwere tom , trying to get 60,000 people in bc place on a warm friday summer night is impossibale.

I hope they get at leat 40.000 that would be respectable.

1. people don't get excited about a fourth place team with no proven QB

2. Casey and Dave are gone

two reasons for people to stay away

Bob's death is sad, but just to fork out money for that and see a cermony at the end of the game and watch a fourth place team that's lost two of their last three games play another team that's 0 - 3 doesn't make a very convincing case for people to go.

This whole thing is misleading. As far as any poll asking if people are going, they have no idea how many people saying no, do not live anywhere near enough to do so. Then there are those too sick, etc. Not to mention that many who respond No are not even fans anyhow.

The problem is not that not enough fans are going. The problem is that there is not enough fans.

i agree why even celebrate this as a tribute they should have a public ceremony tom aft somewere, asking for people to into bc place on a hot summer night is no good.

i think with bob ackles gone, this francise is in trouble again and showing this celbration on tv will make it worse.

FYB,

How many season ticket holders are there in B.C? It would be a shame if they didn`t get at least 40 000 for Bob. The man is B.C football. It would very touching for Bob to get a tribute with a near sell out.

Uh, speak for yourself.

People DO get excited about one of the greatest teams in the league who got off to a slow start but showed their true colors last night. True fans don’t push the panic button.

Hell, I’m go to see Geroy do his magic (again).

But, mostly, I wouldn’t miss a tribute to Bob.

Picking up tickets for my son and I today. Love this team. Wouldn’t miss it.

I think there are lots of fans that just arent going. Not just for the tribute but just dont go to any games or very few. Its lots of work, Im from Kelowna and 1 game a year if Im lucky, and good luck finding someone to go everyone has kids.

i dissagree i think if there is a big event
like a grey cup or WF, any big event fan's will come i hope that the lions start realy hype this thing, and get it going, the lions office is still predicting a sell out they either know how many tickets are sold and are not letting the public know , or they have one hell of a marketing plan all this week to sell 25,000 tickets. or they are being very unrealistic, i do not know, but how ever it works out we want to see that place just jumping, lot's of noise, i predict that if they are excpecting over 40,000 that the Bombers will practise with the speakers on to do hand signals.

We have been a Lions fans since 1955 and season ticket holder from then to 1980, we moved to Alberta, so could only attend games in Edm when the Lions were there. We have been back now for several years but our age and health prevent us from attending the game but we will remain staunch fans till we die. We were never polled and I'm sure there are many who are fans but have other reasons for not attending, how can anyone say there are not enough fans!

1. people don't get excited about a fourth place team with no proven QB

2. Casey and Dave are gone

two reasons for people to stay away

Bob's death is sad, but just to fork out money for that and see a cermony at the end of the game and watch a fourth place team that's lost two of their last three games play another team that's 0 - 3 doesn't make a very convincing case for people to go.

your not to smart are you? winning a grey cup from a western final fluke and playing a team that any other CFL team could have beat and then get all solid like your some kind of winners! LMOL! the Riders are the best last years joke! typical Rider fan big talk! big ego! big mouth! not so much in the brain area! do us all a favour and stay in your own Riders section! you guys deserve each other in the green and white egoland! don't come here and lower the class of the joint!

they may be last years joke but they beat the lions!

ya well you would think that was special! I actually respect when somebody earns something rather than take it because it falls in there laps! but I guess that shows your true colors you take what you can get and be proud rather than earn it!
what else is new for the Riders Fans? Big Ego! Big Mouth! Brain? not so much!

Forget polls, they are misleading at best.

Real Football fans will be at BC Place on Friday.

Just look in the province paper not one thing wbout fridays game, this is not a good way to get people to go the game.

What is wrong with the lions , thay should promoting the hell out of this.

Hey HL, have a look at gamesevens profile. All his posts are in BC Lion’s forums, and look at the one titles :Bring back Casey Printers" where he refers taking you (Lions) back to the promised land. He’s one of yours! LOL :lol:

Did a Rider fan take a whiz in your cornflakes? You have issues dude.

I know that all kids in youth football in all of BC will be wearing the tribute sticker on there helmets this year, however that doesn't begin till school is back in Sept. The only thing I would do different would have been to have the Tribute in the fall. Alot of kids will get an education on who the water boy was in the month of September. Fitting tribute and a good way to teach the kids about sports hero's other then the NHL.

i totaly agree with this and have the wall of fame ceremony at that time too, and if you had that game say against sak, for first place i say close to sell out, right there

It would be nice to see the corperate world step up to the plate here and for a fall game provide each kid that plays junior BC Football 2 tickets ( kid + parent ). Then open up the full stadium and pack it with screaming kids. Let the kids cheer for what should be a role model for them all. Don't have to be a Lions fan to want to see a sell out/full house for a tribute to a true role model and CFL icon

You realize the Lions have played only three games so far this season right?A fourth place team?LOL.People don’t get excited at Lions games?Boy,that’s another funny one.With the new players the Lions have this season on both sides of the ball the Lions will be at,or near the top when the season ends.As far as JJ goes at QB,he has the ability to make more of an impact than Printers or DD ever made with the Lions.Don’t sell Lions fans short.They will come out on friday.