102nd Grey Cup seats still available.

No, I've come to the conclusion the CFL should can this neutral site thing. But that's just me. And my wife would love to go out there and in the west but not at this time of year. If it was at the end of Oct. at the latest, we could make a week vacation and do some hiking. But at this time of the year? No thanks.

The CFL needs to do some rethinking of things in the off-season IMHO. But I doubt they care about people like us, which is fine, not a problem.

I like the predetermined host. It gives everyone a chance to host at least somewhat regularly. And gives more than a week to sell tickets

VANCOUVER — Grey Cup organizers say about 4,300 tickets remain unsold for Sunday’s game between the Calgary Stampeders and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Jamie Pitblado, 102nd Grey Cup Festival general manager, said Wednesday there was a spike in sales after the two clubs advanced with playoff victories on Sunday, but added there are still plenty of seats available.

"We’re definitely headed in the right direction," he said. "(We) will keep focused and keep working with the teams and their fans to make sure we can accommodate whatever requests and needs are coming in."

The last three Grey Cup games have featured the host team, but the B.C. Lions were eliminated in the first round of the 2014 post-season, while the Saskatchewan Roughriders and their rabid fanbase were also knocked out at the same stage.

That has made the job of selling the game at the 54,500-seat B.C. Place Stadium more difficult, along with the fact that Vancouver also hosted the Grey Cup just three years ago.

"I think the excitement’s building," said Pitblado. "I think it’s building for more than just the game, but the festival as well — the whole experience."

Prior to the East and West Division finals there were about 6,500 tickets left to sell. As of Wednesday, the remaining 4,300 seats were mostly in the corners of the upperdeck and priced around $250 apiece.

"(Sales) are starting to pick up again," said Pitblado. "We’re kind of where we want to be, where we expected to be.

The newly renovated B.C. Place hosted a sold-out Grey Cup in 2011 when the Lions beat the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the venue’s first major event following the 2010 Olympics.

While Pitblado would not guarantee a sellout for this year’s game, he said he expected it to be close.

"We’re going to work darn hard," said Pitblado. "That’s our goal, that’s what we expect and we’re going to try out best to get there."<

I would gladly pay the extra knowing I'm not going to freeze my butt off or get rained on and can enjoy a nice cold beer.

Well purchasing a ticket if you're a BC Lions fan for instance in this case, even though the Lions aren't in it, does go to help the Lions bottom line so that is excellent of course.

uh no.

The super bowl and grey cup are one off games. Not to mention the game is just a small part of the huge grey cup festival. you can’t organize those festival activities in one week. every grey cup has been HUGELY profitable as will this one. no need to change it

the other leagues you mentioned are 7 game series. both teams get multiple home and away games. its apples to oranges.

the problem is going back to the same venue within 3 years. not the neutral location, it hasn’t been a problem in over a decade

You can get tickets for $110 US dollars on stubhub

I know its embarrassing for the league, however the 50k seats times the average of and it's likely more, say $300.00 equals a gross of $15M.
Not bad, Mr. Braley will likely come out with a minimum profit upwards $10-15M?

100 from this site in Vancouver

[url=http://www.showtimetickets.com/event/grey-cup-tickets-vancouver-british-columbia-30-nov-2014-2284061.html]http://www.showtimetickets.com/event/gr ... 84061.html[/url]

Tickets are selling very well know just heard on cknw below 4000 left

Wonder if most people just assumed it was already sold-out early (like last three years), and now are buying that they realize there are tix left. Should be close if not sell-out by Sunday.

If it doesn’t sell out, they will give them away so we will not know the difference.

TBH, the Heritage Classic they held there was not a sellout up until the game, and most speculated that it was never a sellout but a give-out of tickets so the NHL could avoid the embarrassment.

Very good point in fact they gave away thousands to hockey teams all over bc , I worked at the game . I belice there was 5000 left 2 days before game time

Might as well fill empty seats with future CFL fans!!

Give them to sick kids and soldiers.

Exactly :thup: Here’s a feel good story from Hamilton about a local inner city high school team who got the surprise of their lives a few weeks ago.

[url=http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/4948121-video-look-who-s-going-to-the-grey-cup/]http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/494 ... -grey-cup/[/url]

Why just soldiers? How about airmen/women and sailors. Sorry, that’s from a 26 year air force vet who didn’t like being called a soldier.

Probably because to the general public, "soldier" means any of the armed forces, not just the army. There's no need to make the sentence six times longer to get across what they're trying to say.

announced 3,600 tickets left sell out yes or no ?

I say no