101st Grey Cup game sold out

Wow, the last few tix were sold by lottery. The 2013 game is now officially sold out. Well done Sask fans and CFL fans across Canada.

An Argo-Cat fan

And its also looking right now like Skatch will be in it.

The season has a long, long way to go - it’s too early for a prediction like that! :cowboy:

If they stay healthy, they look like strong favorites to represent the West. Talent everywhere and decent depth too except QB maybe. But if Durant goes down, they're done.

An Argo-Cat fan

Saskatchewan had 35,000 last game.

There’ll be 45,000 for this Grey Cup, lower seating capacity than the previous times they’ve held it.

In '95, capacity was over 55,000

In "03 they sold out 50,909 .

Wonder why they went with so fewer seats this year.

I wonder if it has to do with the recent addition of corporate suites in the endzones @ Taylor Field reducing the amount of temp. seating that can be added to the stadium?

Rumour has it,that theres not enough hotel rooms in DOGRIVER,And Oscar,Brent and Hank have no vacancies on their spare couches!! :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

Belton Johnson was on the radio tonight and he commented on the Hotel situation, said that most lucky the city will ask people to rent out basements/rooms, as he even said everything is sold out. Belton as you know played for the Cats and now resides in Sask!

Good thing officer Karen Pelly has a nice warm spot for me

:P

we ended booking through a tour company because of the hotel situation

At the DOGRIVER INN :slight_smile: :lol:

I suspect that in response to this "unexpected" demand, they will announce the release of some further seating in more temporary stands. Then lather, rinse and repeat a couple more times before gametime.

The plan this year is to have some friends who live in Alberta rent an RV, drive it in and we'll stay in that. Cost wise it's a lot cheaper than staying in Le Germain or the Pan Pacific in years past. Here's hoping I don't freeze or get carbon monoxide poisoning.