101st Grey Cup Game Play-by-Play Game Thread

The 101st Grey Cup Game
Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders
November 24, 2013

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_mINz5Sdmktxq0p3C21C0HjrDbnhJamy01VkPnXMV3X9R5rff

Here we are. Grey Cup Sunday is here. And it's also Tiger-Cats gameday. It has been fourteen years since we have been able to say that it is Ticats gameday and also Grey Cup Sunday. And now that this day has come, I have decided to start the thread for discussing the game as it happens. Yes, I have come out of "retirement" from starting game threads to start this one. If you want to discuss this game we'll likely be talking about for quite some time here as it happens, then you may do so here in this thread. You can think of this thread as being like a virtual living room where fans discuss the game with each other. You can think of it as being like a virtual broadcast booth where what happens in the game is mentioned and commented on while it's happening. You can also think of it as being like Twitter but without the character limit. In any case, here we go!

WHAT – The 101st Grey Cup Game. Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – Why? WHY? Because it's the Grey Cup game and the Ticats are in it, that's why!

WHERE - Taylor Field at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan.

WHEN - Sunday, November 24th, 2013, at 6:00 p.m. EST.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN and RDS.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll almost certainly be tweeting useful information during the game.

Click here to view what Steve Milton posts on Twitter. He'll probably be making some interesting points during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

Click here to view posts with the #101GC hashtag on Twitter

Well, this is it. A day that we have waited for for the last fourteen years. The day that this Ticat team is there in the Grey Cup game. As Ticat fans, we have been through a lot of disappointment and setbacks since that 1999 Grey Cup game. And this season, this team has had to overcome a poor start, but then kept proving its critics wrong after that. And now, this team looks to prove its critics wrong one more time as they look to win the Grey Cup for the first time since 1999. This season may be looked back on as a good one for this team no matter what happens during this game. But what fans of this team have really been waiting for is a Grey Cup win, which is what can happen tonight. And it would be great to see players like Hage and Stala, who have been here for some time and have contributed much to the community, finally get Grey Cup rings. Is this the year when this team will finally get that long-awaited Grey Cup victory? We will find out tonight in a game that I'm sure we'll talk about and remember for a long time.

And now, I only have one thing left to say, which I will say "more loudly" than usual, which is...

GO TICATS! BRING THE GREY CUP BACK TO HAMILTON!

Thank you BYF for the excellent kickoff to today's festivities! If anyone on this site should be the one to start a Grey Cup game thread here that involves the Cats, it's you!

Needless to say, this is the biggest game for Ticat Nation since the launch of this website. It's time...in more ways than one. :wink:

OSKI WEE WEE!!

Russ

Thanks for the preview BYF!

Kickoff in just over 9 hrs!! :rockin:

This team can and will succeed!
This team has overcome adversity all year long.
This team will not let that green team and the screaming melonheads get in the way of their goal.
This team will swat them aside like the prairie locust they are.

The Riders think they are entitled, as far as they are concerned they already have their names carved into that Cup.
The arrogance of their team and especially their fans is insufferable!

Is there anything that you would rather be doing, than to watch our team win this thing!!!!!!

That's how it's done! :wink:

Who was the worst ticat coach besides sharpie pen cortez???????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOODDDDYYYYYYYYYY :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Good luck to the Tiger-Cats today. Hope they bring the GC home to Hamilton fans. :thup:

Thank you BYF, I have been a part of many of your game day threads. I always enjoy them!! I probably won't be posting during the game. I'll be too busy watching the game with family and educating my son on what it means to be a ticat fan !! I'll be on here afterwards to hopefully post on a great win !!

Nope! Absolutely NOTHING!

C’mon man, that was Charlie Taffe!!! :roll: :thdn: :lol:

In between the '07 & 08 seasons, he lead us to 5 wins before getting fired in half way through '08, Cortez led us to 6 wins in one season at least :wink:

OSKEE-WEE-WEE!!!

OSKEE WA WA!!!!!!!!

Hey BYF. Good to see you back. Thank you for the game thread.

It's good to see you come out of retirement BYF, you're just like Foster Hewitt in 1972.
Less than 9 hours to kickoff.
I've booked the day off to stay home and watch the game.

Go Cats

HOLY MACKINAW!!!!!!!

TIGERS! EAT 'EM RAW!!!!!!!

NICE!

Weather update from Drew,

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 6m
Forecast for #101GC now -2 with 45 km/h winds gusting to 65 km/h. Or, as #Ticats fans like to call it, #Guelph weather. #CFL #Riders

This weather favours us, or Le Fevours us :wink:
This is Ticats weather!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the game thread, BYF!

It is very cool to say Game Day and Grey Cup at the same time.

Oskee Wee Wee!

Thanks for the compliments on how I started this thread. But I'm not sure if I'll be participating in it. And I'm not sure if we'll be celebrating tonight. But whatever happens, I'm sure we'll enjoy looking back on this season. In particular, we'll enjoy looking back on this:

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/league/images/en/photo_gallery/2013/11/crop_1998743.jpeg