$10.00 Dollar Tickets

Hamilton is such a TERRIBLE sports town.

Give the Cats a break. They are doing their best. I buy my season tickets even tho I know I could get them cheaper on game day and even tho I know I won't attend every game, to support the club. I hate when fans rip them.

One of these days Bob Young will take his money and go home. When that happens you can all gripe about NOT having a team.

Until then be grateful for Bob Young and the team.

This kind of cheapness is why everyone, outside of Hamilton, believes this town will NEVER get an NHL team.

No support for the Ticats. No supports for the Grey Cup - when it was here. No support for the Curling Championship when it was here. As Bob McCoen loves to preach - Hamilton is a TERRIBLE sports town and does not deserve the NHL.

While I did buy 4 tickets.....it's truely embarassing that the "org" has fallen to this all time low of a "marketing campaign"......guess they really have fallen on hard times..........sadly, wait till next year after this spiral for crumb play :thdn: !

:cowboy:

The beloved Saskatchewan Roughriders are in town on Holloween.

Let’s all take a friends, push the attendance through the roof, and thank Bob Young for another fun year!!!

But there have been deals all year, for the retro game, you could buy retro tickets for $4.50 a piece. There was a $15 deal for the Canusa games.

What they want is people who don’t go to games to pick up some cheap tickets, get them in, get them hooked and hopefully get at least a flex pack next year.

If anyone pays full price for a ticket, they are crazy. Besides scalpers, you can get deals all the time through the Cats, if you know a season ticket holder, you could sit anywhere in the stadium you want for a season ticket holder price.

…yes Alan, thanks. I’m well aware of the deals this year as I sit in Box I. My point here is that I / me and many others continually buy these tickets costing me / us “the already paid up” season ticket holders more money to help the team. They won’t get a flex pack from me and I won’t buy anymore than the 2 tickets I hold for the season.
This style of ticket sales isn’t marketing…it’s called dumping due to the fact they are having issues filling the seats. It’s just sad…that all.

:cowboy:

Dumping

The sad fact is you pay for what you get so i don't see the why people would buy season ticket's just to have the same seat every game and hold a seat or first dibs in or if playoffs come to town ...I was a season ticket holder Loud and proud but the 1996 Snow Bowl Grey Cup did it for me .Tim Horton donut's selling ticket's for $20.00 or something to that effect .Season ticket holders got screwed over just to fill the seats .
So if they would do it for that Big Game then why not do it for all the games when needed ...They can't expect big numbers untill the talent has come alive period ...Some good couple years and the fans will come ...Or a Big year like 2009 when the Tigercat's come alive down the stretch and kick some french ass and go into the playoffs in style ...with the emotion train right in front of us . Could make a huge boost in ticket sales . Season tickets are only needed when the Team Is a hot Commodity...Unless you love that puuuuuuurticular seat . If a team is NOT a hot commodity you should get hot deals for all season . ,,,,,BUT the season ticket holder should get the better deal out of the two ...Loyalty has cost fans in the stands just as much as are losing teams in the past years ..The diehards might not all agree about not needing season tickets but oh well ....The fact of the matter is how many more tickets do they sell compared to pissing off season tickets holders ..Is it worth the gain do people care ?

Just like the Argo's, I am afraid it is only a matter of time before Mr Young says "These losses are affecting my kid inheritance" and dumps the team. I bet he regrets buying the team already.

Unless there is a revenue sharing system to feed more money into Southern Ontario teams so they break even, the days of the CFL in Southern Ontario are number. Sad but (likely) true. :frowning:

All of this talk about seasons tickets, difficulty filling the stadium, giving away tickets for cheap, illustrates how important it is for the Ticats to win and win now. There is nothing like winning to bring out spectators to the game.
But there are still many here who say that winning this year is less important than developing a certain player. I wish those people would realize that saving the team is more important than developing a player.

I agree TCFan but I also believe Hamilton has to take ownership (figuratively) of this team.

There is no reason, win or lose, we should not have (a minimum) 25,000 fans per game.