'09 qb carousel

first of all, if they don't bring casey back, he will not be out of work long. i'm sure pinball will stick his nose in football ops over there and get printers in t.o. joseph out, printers in.
that's 1 qb looking-joseph.
secondly, the situation in sask is strained at best, i'll bet they keep bishop and let durant go to free agency.another qb looking.marcus crandell has to be still looking for a job, that's 3 guys looking.
why not focus on the qb cuz alot of people still are not sold on porter. upgrade both lines-big time,and sign or trade for joseph or durant.i just don't think you can go into camp with these 3 guys hoping for the best when '09 is pivotal for the undertaker...sorry the caretaker.

citylegend

I'd take Porter over any of those guys right now.
How many times to you want to re-cycle Marcus Crandell?
We have quit looking for a savior when it comes to QB. There is lots of talent out there that can be developed. Obie is doing the right thing by bringing in guys like Porter, Trafalis..and whoever else he can find. They won't all be keepers but I think Porter will be #1 next year.
We need new blood not old re-treads.
As for Printers.....enough time and money has been spent on him with little to show for it. I can't see him being a back up next year so if he wants to compete in training camp for the starters job thats his choice. Maybe he will improve with a better O line but so will Porter.

It does not matter who your qb is, if you don't plan on using his skill set.
If you choose a Joseph or a Printers, then your offense should be geared to their specific strengths.
If you choose a Porter or a Ray then you should plan your offense around their strengths. You should not waste your time trying to make Printers a pocket passer or Porter a scramblong qb.

I think you gear your offense to Porter and Trafalis. They seem to be cut from the same mould.

I also have said in the many previous threads the our QBs for next year will be Porter / Tafralis / Crandall.

You need an experienced vet if you are going with younger QBs. Crandall has the experience and comes on the cheap!

I think you gear your offense to Porter and Trafalis. They seem to be cut from the same mould.

Agreed

I also have said in the many previous threads the our QBs for next year will be Porter / Tafralis / Crandall.

Not sold on Crandall. If Crandall was any good he'd still be playing. I prefer keeping Williams until something better comes along plus he knows the offence and has a good rapore with the receivers.

You need an experienced vet if you are going with younger QBs. Crandall has the experience and comes on the cheap!

Experienced vet - Danny Mac.