'07 CFL schedule out today!!!

I see they are missing 2 playoff games!

Well at least they were! They removed the playoffs and GC game!

I haven't looked too closely yet, but it is immediately apparent that this schedule is light years ahead of the debacle last year.
I know they had to scramble when Ottawa folded, but a chimpanzee could still have made a better schedule.

So this year looks pretty good!

Seems to me that Toronto didn’t fare too favourably on the road last November now, did they? :wink:

And how did the Riders fair in their previous home date in November? I guess jm doesn’t remember since it was before she was born… :wink:

Smooth Mongo, very smooth!

Pure speculation, Sporty. Besides, I have to get back in needling form before the season starts. Consider the next four months MY pre-season. :lol:

I was refering to your comment to jm02 about her age! LOL

Pfffft! The girl is only a couple years younger than I am. We're both middle-aged wisenheimers.

Middle-aged my foot.....you, my friend, may be middle aged, but I'm eternally younger than you!

I personally love this schedule. No odd bye weeks, and then only 2 of them right in the middle of the season. Then, there are not major scheduling blips where we play the same team 3 out of four weeks.
I’m still not a personal fan of Edmonton Twice in a row, and I’ve never really been fond of the Labour Day rematches, but you can’t have everything. . .

I thought the Grey Cup was in Toronto this year. . . :smiley:

Eternally younger? If you call 2-2/3 years difference “eternally younger”, that’s your perception. My perception? You’re living vicariously through your students again. :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

Dude needs to learn how to read properly....."eternally" as in "always".....so long as you're breathing, bud, I'm still that 2-2/3 years behind ya..... :wink:

What-ev-ah! You can say how much younger you are, it don't mean a lick of difference. The fact of the matter is, November 3, regular season or not. The Green & White will fold faster than Daniel Negraneau with a 4-2 off suit.

lmao!! Nice analogy! But you're right.....this thread derailed in a hurry, eh?

Yeah, the schedule last year was a little disappointing, and yeah, it’s because Ottawa folded. But there’s a lot more to coming up with a new schedule in an emergency situation like that than just being creative. The main problem is booking field times. Basically, it would have cost WAY more money than it’s worth to create a non-disappointing schedule. If it had even been possible. And frankly, they did a good enough job. Every team played 18 games, every team played 8 games against the other division, and every team played 4 games against one division rival and 3 against the other two. I would bet that if you took the time to compare the original 2006 sced with the revised one, they’d look pretty similar.

But, I’m really glad that this year, there are fewer back-to-back games, and fewer (if any) three-games-in-four-weeks deals. It looks good to me! I really like the bye weeks idea, too.

Also - there were so many people complaining about how long it took to get the sced out, and how that made the CFL look "bush". (If you hadn't figured, I'm on a crusade against calling the CFL "bush league", it's completely unjustified.) First off, so what? It's February! The season starts in 4 months!! That's PLENTY of time before the season to get a sced out. (On the flip side, it's also plenty of time to wait for football to return :frowning:) This is the first time the CFL teams/governors/whatever have met since the season, I'm pretty sure, so really it's the first chance they have at getting a sced out. NO BIG DEAL AT ALL that it "took so long" (which it really didn't). As for it being "bush" that there were so many back-to-back games, 3 games in 4 weeks, etc last season - and apart from that being because Ottawa bailed on the League at a REALLY late time - consider that the "almighty" NHL has 3 games IN A ROW between two teams coming up. Colorado visits Calgary tonight and on Saturday, and Calgary goes to Colorado next Tuesday. LAAAAME