do or die

38 first downs.....560 yds in offense.....38 minutes TOP.
Truth is...Bombers completely dominated that game..... 
Bomber penalties, dropped INT's and the dumb trick redzone play....kept the Moes in it early...and some improbable big plays given up on D kept them in it later.   Esks got most of their yards and points on 4 plays.   Still need a LB and a CB, back there.

O is a smooth running machine.   Big tough OL.  "Scrub" Nichols is now 16-5 as the Blue starter....and playing as well as anyone, right now.   The 2 back sets....(ok, 3 if you want to count T. J Thorpe) gives the Blue terrific balance with the running and YAC on receptions..... and puts extreme pressure on the LB's and S on Defense.   Harris has really hit his stride running and receiving at this point.   

Fun team to watch
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so."

Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

papazoola

......Successful night on the field and apparently in the stands (moola wise)....I think the margin of victory could have been larger if it weren't for a fluke play first off of Loffler who banged into Walker and then an off the helmet catch by the esks. receiver...Another was the weak play of the 'not so solid' Roc who got beat like the proverbial rented mule in the end zone...Sliding down the back of the receiver once he has the ball firmly in his mitts was not impressive...Has this guy got into position to knock down a pass yet?...Can't remember if he has....I'm going to give him another game (maybe shouldn't) and if he doesn't show more than he has, we have to cut him loose...We have a darned good secondary but a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link...What more can you say about the play of Harris...Intense punishing back who leaves it all on the field...One of the best things to happen to this team when he returned home...Adams has been sensational...no other word for it...Grab after grab and they aren't the easy kind...Usually has to beat a defender then make a circus catch...then solids it away...Keep hitting the opposition with Harris and Flanders and this team is going places the rest of 17'
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

gbill2004

FYI capacity at IGF is now just over 33k, not 33.5 k.  Wade had a bunch of seats removed this past offseason. 

Attendance for the Edmonton game was 30,600 so I guess according to Lyle, Wade gets to keep his job. 

aulcee

FYI capacity at IGF is now just over 33k, not 33.5 k.  Wade had a bunch of seats removed this past offseason.

Attendance for the Edmonton game was 30,600 so I guess according to Lyle, Wade gets to keep his job.
Rather an amazing  view on a team that was 16 -5 in its last 21,and is now 7- 2 this year.But that's Nate.Somewhere in that silver cloud there is some kind of awful disaster awaiting.

Lyle B. Style

FYI capacity at IGF is now just over 33k, not 33.5 k.  Wade had a bunch of seats removed this past offseason.

Attendance for the Edmonton game was 30,600 so I guess according to Lyle, Wade gets to keep his job.
Rather an amazing  view on a team that was 16 -5 in its last 21,and is now 7- 2 this year.But that's Nate.Somewhere in that silver cloud there is some kind of awful disaster awaiting.
Bombers earned their amazing 7-2 record (but so did Don Trump w/ 48% of the vote). Its a great local story - and obviously attracting lots of national attention as the raters are putting the bombers in an easy #2 overall position.
But if you're looking for some "awful disasters" looming you have to look no further than:
1. A makeshift Als o-line pushing around the bombers 'quality' d-line; forcing guys like Westerman (the weak Westerman btw) and Okapalogo to cry. btw - where was Jakey Thomas last nite? Poop Johnson? Just don't like the obvious lack of power on that D, which further imperils our dicey zone defense if QBs like Durant get that extra half second or more.
2. Bombers o-line only as good as its weakest link. Opposing coaches starting to target dominant tackle Jemarcus Hardick for his "poor technique" in getting hands into opposing players grills. Called almost every time. Also, Stanley Bryant got himself whupped a couple times by outside bull rushes. Goosie Goosen continues to supply slightly below average to average centering.
3. Bombers almost always hit a dull skid in games - yesterday they decided to take their naps in the 2nd quarter and refused to bury the Als.
4. Overall the looming concern is a slightly under-powered team that's fighting slightly above its weight class. However, I certainly prefer this than having a depressed group of fakers, like the mope patrols guys like Reinbold, Belleifieulle, Tiny Tim, etc. used to trot onto the field
5. Also think the bombers lack of depth will really hurt them down the stretch - especially if there's any more than 2 or 3 game injuries to guys like Nichols, Harris, Leggatt, Randle, Bond, etc. Can't wait for Ian Wild to come back - although some have privately told me it won't be this year (and if it is he'll continue to play hurt). Having a super mope like Slow Sam Hurl can't help this team as Hurl looks like he's playing in slow motion (he is) while others are going in real time! YIKES!
6. Love how Mik O'Shea abdicates Marquis of Queensbury rules and uses dicey CFL contact rules to his advantage. Even with 1 challenge.
7. Don't like how the bomber d let a hot mess like Durante pick them apart, both on the ground and in the air. Durant looked to be moving his team at will - until the fateful moment where he suffered another on of his infamous 'gridiron strokes' and popped the ball to bomber defenders
8. Son of Sam (Hurl) looked meek and lost when confronting guy like Durant who's probably twice as strong. Hurl had Durant in his clutches but Durant shrugged him off like a 5 year old.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

do or die

Lyle has pinpointed exactly why the Bombers are 2-7.   Or needs to look into a mirror.

papazoola

Lyle has pinpointed exactly why the Bombers are 2-7.   Or needs to look into a mirror.
....I don't think that will work....I believe Lyle is suffering from dyslexia  .....Cmon Lyle ...you got to be able to see the positive once in awhile in our wins...Lot's of players busting their butts out there this year....Maybe we're not great yet...but were working on it............................And yes I know Hurl and the Roc , (who didn't play last night and that was good) are bad but how about presenting an alternative this late in the game.

Lyle B. Style

....I don't think that will work....I believe Lyle is suffering from dyslexia  .....Cmon Lyle ...you got to be able to see the positive once in awhile in our wins...Lot's of players busting their butts out there this year....Maybe we're not great yet...but were working on it............................And yes I know Hurl and the Roc , (who didn't play last night and that was good) are bad but how about presenting an alternative this late in the game.
Well, you know the story Papa Z - I ceased being a glee club member about 30 years ago. No fan sites need an extra glee clubber, cuz there's no shortage when times are good - and right now times are good in Winnipeg (for pro football at least)
However, there are still glaring holes in the lineup. I've covered most of these - and we agree that Son of Sam & Roc are two of them.
The other idiocy is why, when a tie - and OT is assured - are we punting from our own goal-line with a non-punter? Yes, I know, O'Shea was trying to trick the Als into an on-side chase for the ball - he probably felt his team didn't have the stuff to go 2 OT rounds vs. the surging Als. But punting not once, not twice, but 3 times from inside your 15 is sheer idiocy. The non-punter could whiff, could have his punt blocked or most likely could barf up a short puny punt that makes kicking it back into the bomber end-zone for a rouge a likely occurrence.
Thank cripes none of that happened but we were exposed to massive risks, were we not?
Yes, it was exciting, great and riveting TV viewing (Rod Black didn't know whether he was foot or horseback) but the risk was unacceptable at this level of pro football.
Perhaps the kickoff is OK - you're trying to find a guy on-side to run the ball into the other end and either ram it home for a TD - or get it far enough to unleash another punt when surrounded and hopefully score a single.
But whoever coached that thing to work from our goal-line deserves to be medically examined. Not smart, not in the least. Maybe if you're down a point (or 2) but certainly not when there's only 4 or 5 seconds left on the clock - and a tie is assured.

papazoola

Have to agree Lyle on the back and forth punting deep in your own end....way too risky but it did work out....I can recall a playoff game back in 'the day' at the old digs, when a guy by the name of Harvey Wylie (cal.) tried to punt one out of the end zone with the game tied and literally no time on the clock... All Bud wanted was a single to finish it up...After it went back and forth a couple of times Mr. Wylie tried to return a kick and it went right into the gut of Farell Funston (I believe it was him) and he fell on it for six... Grant's Bombers off to the Cup.... Red faced Harvey back of the plane for the long flight back to Cal....Punting out of your end or your end zone in a mad scramble can be disastrous...agreed...Could have easily gone the other way...but we happened to get the best result and we were lucky...or are we just that good...heh heh...

wolverine29

Can't wait for Ian Wild to come back - although some have privately told me it won't be this year (and if it is he'll continue to play hurt). Having a super mope like Slow Sam Hurl can't help this team as Hurl looks like he's playing in slow motion (he is) while others are going in real time! YIKES!

LOL.  Absolutely NO ONE believes you have any private insider info.  And Wild coming back has no effect on Hurl.  Hurl's at MLB, Wild was at WILL and was replaced by Kyle Knox after he got hurt.  Hurl's also a National while Wild is not so you can't just replace one with the other.  Knox goes out of the starting job if/when Wild gets healthy. 

papazoola

.....Wild suffered a bad break to the wrist....We're winning without him BUT it would be better if  he was back in...especially for the playoffs....The secondary worries me a little more...They seem to go in fits and starts and break down at times...No secondary is perfect but I'd like to see more consistency...We have some excellent talent back there but like other parts of the team they're still growing...

Lyle B. Style

.....Wild suffered a bad break to the wrist....We're winning without him BUT it would be better if  he was back in...especially for the playoffs....The secondary worries me a little more...They seem to go in fits and starts and break down at times...No secondary is perfect but I'd like to see more consistency...We have some excellent talent back there but like other parts of the team they're still growing...
Wild would be a great re-add but I fear he's done til near playoff time. He covers more ground than Knox and despite being a bit smaller than either Hurl or Knox he's more game tough. He'd also make Hurl a better MLB cuz Wild covers extra ground that Knox can't - thus making Hurl stretch far too much.

Quite frankly the biggest weakness I see on the team right now (besides Rich Hall's iffy coaching) is the d-line.
It was supposed to be the strength given the acquires of Nevis & Okapologo. Westerman is a nasty but undisciplined piece of work who seems incapable of dominating any offensive linemen he encounters. The other guys are decent but no better than the guys we had last year (who weren't very good but still hanging around the league on other squads). With a tepid pass rush that sometimes is almost non-existent the bomber linebackers and DBs will be truly tested w/ the additional time opposing QBs have to read the terrain.

Users Online

111 Guests, 9 Users (11 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, bohdon, bobo82, The Last Word, Grover, danoc_86, rhymes with orange, mrbean5411, Yahoo!, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)