cutchemist43

Personally, with football's history in the City and the ownership group owning both teams, I feel the Bombers should have the mantle of "Football Club" over the soccer team.

I dont think any soccer fan buys more tickets simply because of the use of FC vs SC, so I hope the Bombers choose SC.

FootbalYouBet

I would prefer more unique names for any team in any league.

Some people say soccer is boring, I say only most of the team names are.

However, only the owner of the soccer team has any say over the name, the bombers team has no say.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

cutchemist43

I would prefer more unique names for any team in any league.

Some people say soccer is boring, I say only most of the team names are.

However, only the owner of the soccer team has any say over the name, the bombers team has no say.
The Bombers are going to be owning the soccer team. It is their say for this team in particular.

rshmglsky

Just give them a real name. All this FC talk seems derivative to me. I mean, why settle for an imitation when you can get the real thing?

joe

What about an idea like using a name from Arena football? Maybe something like the Washington Valor.

Only give it some smoke and mirrors to spin it as an original thought and appear creative and respectful as we would all like to be. Of course a denial is in the works to state that there was no previous knowledge of anyone using the name in the event they get called on it which they likely won't.

Honesty with this group is a thing of the past. Spout off the first thing that comes into their heads and roll with it. Clink, clink, clink.

I actually find it more disrespectful to the men and women who served the country then to come up with some lame duck excuse to avoid being seen as the self serving pirate that Wade Miller has become. Whatever works.

Many others from all walks of life and from every corner of the country were also involved in the call to arms to defend whatever it was that was such a danger to our way of life. Probably not many politicians in the group but you never know being as it was so long ago and in a time of less complex objectives.

No intent in any way to discredit or minimize the contribution of the 3 men from the same block of Pine St. No doubt they were all stand up guys and did their best with what they had at the time. Very little personal reward would result from their service. Nice that they were recognized for their contribution.

The one thing that has come from the startup football leagues such as the XFL and Arena has been good team names. Sad to have to accept we have to put up with another brilliant Miller spin but something I have come to expect every time I hear him speak.

And still do not believe the Bombers have any business getting into soccer but not to say MLS is not a good thing for Winnipeg. Just need someone less devious running the show. All imo.

Users Online

59 Guests, 4 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Clawed2bitz, ExPat, Garney 26, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (7), Baidu

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)