Lyle B. Style

…..You should have heard the 'crap' I got thrown at me when I suggested that Willy was wonky and I didn't ever want to see him in bluengold... and that was when he was just second string in Sask.....I was pleasantly surprised when he came to us initially and had what appears to be now, 'fluky success'...He sure proved his worth quickly though (which was what I had thought from the beginning) and the team ditched him...He looks terrible in Mont. and how he is their starter is beyond me...He really is a 'never was' and he's lucky to be drawing a cheque...The fans in Mont. will catch on...…………...someday
Drew Willy has won the coveted "Eddy Haskell Award" just about every season he's been cashing an overpaid CFL game cheque.

Bluffing his way from team to team - but what I saw yesterday confirmed why Jim Bobo Barker is out of a GM job. It wasn't a trade - it was a swindle.

Willy is gun shy and foot tired. . . . . just don't know which order!

He's serviceable in Montreal - but that's clearly a sub .500 team. If they want to win more than 7 or 8 games they'll have to set their gaze on Vern Adams, Drew Tate or even the 1-armed man who played backup in Wpg. last season. Obviously, they covet Jeremiah Masoli - but that's not gonna happen til Johnny Football is ensconced firmly as Tabby's starter and consistent game-winner.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Clutch

…...Danny Mac got to play in our last Cup win because we were laying a world of hurt on the Schmoes….One of the worst shelackings in Grey Cup history.....50 to 14 or something like that....Danny was thrown into the game at the end, and after we had it salted away....Threw a dart for a td. as I remember One of the reasons were that we wanted everyone on the roster to play in the game so they would have that for their great memories album....Man that memory seems like eons ago

...Yes it's true we haven't developed our own qb....something I hope changes with our recent guys...I'd like to see Ross,Streveler and or Bennett kept around and developed....Will that happen is anyone's guess...

...Wasn't that thrilled with the performance against the Leo's last night.. although they were playing a lot of their starters against what I would say was our second and third team players... It will be interesting to see who we keep as cut down starts today and finishes up on Sun.... Myles White and Seisay are early casualties...I'd like to see White stick around on the pr....the guy as wheels.
Me too - that's what I'm getting at and why it's so frustrating being a Bomber fan. I'm hoping for this Streveler kid from S.Dakota. I'm not too worried about his showing so far. I have zero expectations for him - only because I don't want to be disappointed yet again. Sooner or later, we will get one, I'm just running out of time to see it lol

joe

Right is always right, even if you're the only one doing it.
   Wrong is always wrong, even if everyone is doing it.
Very nice. Words to live by. Thank you.

Wish everyone felt that way. 

RedandWhite

...stamps kept four QBs after the final cuts yesterday, relegating Larry Brihm Jr. to the practice squad, he had a decent camp and faired well against the riders...wanna trade?
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

Wumper

Perhaps I'm Pollyanna but I'm expecting to see our top 2 remaining QB's platooned, both with a change of pace set list.
Lapo will have some fun with this and don't be surprised if you are surprised (thought I'd throw out another platitude, a few going around).
Blue D bangs up Edmo, teams rock, we out kick em, Blue QB's tuck it in and run, it'll be fun to watch...
Illegitimi non carborundum

papazoola

...….Streveler getting the nod Fri.,,,,Took first team reps. and Ross also but quite a bit less than Streve…..It's going to be 'baptism by fire' for the kid...I think he'll do alright...like the way he carries himself....full of confidence and add to the fact nobody will pick us to win with a green qb.... Pressure will be less when expectations are low...I hope he shines...We shall see what we shall see..hmmmmmm
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

...….Streveler getting the nod Fri.,,,,Took first team reps. and Ross also but quite a bit less than Streve…..It's going to be 'baptism by fire' for the kid...I think he'll do alright...like the way he carries himself....full of confidence and add to the fact nobody will pick us to win with a green qb.... Pressure will be less when expectations are low...I hope he shines...We shall see what we shall see..hmmmmmm
Good to see Stretch getting the nod Thursday - hope he uses all his tools, even his 4.45 speed, especially if he can't do his progressions - just carry the rock and tire out the gd schmoes defense. Some risk of injury - but Buck Pierce used to get injured opening a bag of chips. Likewise Nichols.

Win the game - use your best tools. Plop knows how its done!

If Stretch gets the duke on Reilly - what a massive accomplishment! Could set Streveler up for the next 5 or 6 games he'll surely have to play!

On the other hand - cue the troll-farmers!

Wumper

Lapo enjoys scheming...Nichols is a "five yard out" kinda QB, and clearly gets results.
Now Lapo gets to do what he does best....scheme.
Look for a controlled use the assets offence, QB's running, rb's all over the place, monster night out of both O and D lines, Biggy introducing himself to Reilly, Jeffcoat measuring Mike for a swanky new body bag, Bombers are about to scare the crap out of Edmo's O.
I'd go on but my med's just ran out.....

MadJack

He looks terrible in Mont. and how he is their starter is beyond me...He really is a 'never was' and he's lucky to be drawing a cheque...The fans in Mont. will catch on...…………...someday
Papa, I think if you check out the Als' boards you'll see that we Als' fans have caught on. . . even before training camp even started.  I don't believe that there's one of us who actually thought Willy was a capable competent starter.

Unfortunately the teams' brain trust seems to think otherwise; and this is a 'brain' trust that jettisoned Bear Woods, S.J. Green, Jovan Olafioye, and Brandon Bridge.

Mind you I'm significantly less than impressed with the stiffs behind Willy on the depth chart, so I think it's going to be one long season in Montreal.

Lyle B. Style

He looks terrible in Mont. and how he is their starter is beyond me...He really is a 'never was' and he's lucky to be drawing a cheque...The fans in Mont. will catch on...…………...someday
Papa, I think if you check out the Als' boards you'll see that we Als' fans have caught on. . . even before training camp even started.  I don't believe that there's one of us who actually thought Willy was a capable competent starter.

Unfortunately the teams' brain trust seems to think otherwise; and this is a 'brain' trust that jettisoned Bear Woods, S.J. Green, Jovan Olafioye, and Brandon Bridge.

Mind you I'm significantly less than impressed with the stiffs behind Willy on the depth chart, so I think it's going to be one long season in Montreal.
No question the Als powerball brains are waiting for Vern Adams to be cut loose in Hamilton (hasn't happened yet, although it was promised) or Kavis makes a power-play for James Franklin to save the season. Willy is incapable of saving the season - he's a bare game-manager who too often thinks he's Dan Marino - except his accuracy depends more on jump balls than anything else.

papazoola

….I hear you Madjack....I'm afraid the pain we went through a few years ago is about to be visited upon the Als….Not good for the league

...And forget Adams going to Montreal Lyle, as June's Cats have decided to retain him and turn him into a receiver???..Seems they're pulling a Kavis and 'seem' to not know what the left hand is doing..Traded by the coach's statements...then retained and converted...OKAY???

Clutch

….I hear you Madjack....I'm afraid the pain we went through a few years ago is about to be visited upon the Als….Not good for the league

...And forget Adams going to Montreal Lyle, as June's Cats have decided to retain him and turn him into a receiver???..Seems they're pulling a Kavis and 'seem' to not know what the left hand is doing..Traded by the coach's statements...then retained and converted...OKAY???
That's interesting. I don't think Adams is very good though. 

Was very impressed with Streveler last night. He looked 10x better than that bum Dominc Davis did last year when forced into action - two years into a CFL career. That's what's always burned me about the bombers these past few decades. The folks they bring in (as in not getting from another team) are absolutely terrible. Streveler looks like a player. He's raw, and has l to learn still, but obviously is a quick study and is a good talent. A year or two of grooming and we may have finally found one. What scares me -  if he does have success -he's definitely going to bolt for the NFL. 

DAN38

WOW, with all that was going against us with new players on both O and D AND a rookie QB to boot, this team had quite a showing. Our backup QB was pretty good. He showed a lot of poise and smarts. He can motor. I like him.

I doubt we will be talking about this loss come October.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

Balticfox

Obviously, they covet Jeremiah Masoli - but that's not gonna happen til Johnny Football is ensconced firmly as Tabby's starter and consistent game-winner.
So Masoli then will never end up with the Als.

???
Sly old fox!

papazoola

…..I said in another post this kid (Streveler) would receive 'baptism by fire' in his first ever pro and CFL start (reg.season)...I was wrong it was 'baptism by rain' and man did it come down...Caused the longest played game in the CFL 'EVER', along with the lightening threat....What a find Streveler is turning out to be...Can he keep er going??I'll answer my own question and say after witnessing what I've seen so far...a big YES on that one...For a kid as green as he is that was quite a performance against what I consider to be the best in the west...What a pleasant surprise to know now, that we have another quality qb. we can go to if need be when Nichols returns...This team is going to be quite a handful for any other team in the league this year...once the deficiencies on defence are addressed...Wrong ending but some pretty good signs for 18'

Users Online

49 Guests, 5 Users (8 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, Clawed2bitz, Garney 26, MadJack, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (4), Baidu, Alexa

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)