Wumper

Theeee most important Bomber news goes un-reported. The old site has been leased (again).
Tax revenue projections now up dramatically. Loot to soon flow to the new digs.
IGF loan may even be paid down (a wee bit) next year.
WAD will be able to come out, see his shadow, and assure The Lemmings (had to use it, Lyle) that its all just as planned.
The file marked "proposals to creditors" can then go back into WAD's trunk.
MBB will re-confirm the genius that runs the place.

Don't know where I heard it but "sunny days, my friends, sunny days".......
Illegitimi non carborundum

papazoola

Theeee most important Bomber news goes un-reported. The old site has been leased (again).
Tax revenue projections now up dramatically. Loot to soon flow to the new digs.
IGF loan may even be paid down (a wee bit) next year.
WAD will be able to come out, see his shadow, and assure The Lemmings (had to use it, Lyle) that its all just as planned.
The file marked "proposals to creditors" can then go back into WAD's trunk.
MBB will re-confirm the genius that runs the place.

Don't know where I heard it but "sunny days, my friends, sunny days".......
.....SUNNY DAY'S....all the better weather for WAD to see his shadow I guess...heh heh....unless he totally blocks out the sun
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

In the extreme chance I haven't made all bomber fans sick to their stomach already - I was just reviewing the 2016 draft, cuz Onyemata from U of M is turning into an NFL monster.

In '16 bombers had 1st overall pick - WHICH THEY FOREFITTED TO PICK UP THE IMMORTAL CDN. LB/SPECIAL TEAMER GARROT WAGGONER, WHO RETIRED LAST SEASON AFTER ONLY 1 SEASON OF FOOTBALL.

Available at #1 - Charles Vaillancout OL, Taylor Lauzon (OL) and of course a guy who the bombers wouldn't give a sniff to, Alex Singleton who's turned into an all-star linebacker in Calgary. Bombers don't like white guys with extremely long hair, I suspect.

Another sickening output from your local neighbourhood bomber draft team. May as well draw player names out of a hat!!!??? NO>
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

CFL draft has been full of hit and miss for years. 

Going back and reading the names of guys who did not play makes me wonder about the philosophy of developing skills and knowledge. Seems guys are drafted and cut after the first training camp. Pretty sure not many of the 2017 Bomber draft class are left with the team now. Ekakatie by default to reinforce the good decision and maybe it will be yet.

Singleton has been huge for Calgary. Maybe it was the hair. 

Would have liked to see them step up on the Herdman boys who both played full seasons for BC and Toronto. No downside when the alternative selection is released. To add that they play a position of need for the team is another baffler but maybe there is more to it.

Kyle Walters was given responsibility for the Bomber draft in 2011. Joe Mack clouded the picture for a couple of years but he has been on his own for some time without much success.

I am hopeful of a good year ahead for the team and want to support the process. Maybe I am the one who is not seeing the big picture. Can only wait and see and hope.

joe

Wondering if the boys have actually got out and kicked tires regarding Larry Dean as a potential fit at MLB. Kind of a studly dude. Would hope they give it more than a quick drive by and decide to stand pat.

Talk on Lionbackers is Adam Bighill may be back in the CFL next year. Seems like a guy who could fit in. Might even be an O Shea type.

Liked the job Tom Miles did last year and hope to see progression and a bigger role. Maybe not the middle right off but getting some game action and making tackles is what he needs. I think of him as the guy Garrett Waggoner was going to be.

Or stand pat and work on more tricks. 

papazoola

.....Looking at what's available in free agency..I'd be inclined to bring in a 'find' for middle linebacker...let Rigmaiden do his thing...He might have better luck than what we have been having in recruiting talent....He found some decent players for the Leo's...hopefully he still has the touch...As for current players available in fa....it looks like there might be a few that could shake loose......JC Sherritt ...although injured most of last year, could still have game...Hoffman-Ellis or Adam Konar might be a possibility,,,,Really like this Konar kid...Someone is going to be available in Edm., looking at the big money they're currently throwing around (*see D.Walkers contract number) and the number of players they have to re-up...Deron Mayo in Cal. could/would be a nice addition...Any one of the aforementioned players, would be a huge improvement over the pretender Hurl ,who we haven't made an effort to re-sign and hopefully never will.......FA rapidy approaching...sure hope we have a solid plan

joe

Agree regarding Konar who seemed to flourish with an increased role. Ladler played well also.

Schmoes were pretty beat up at linebacker all year with the silver lining of getting Mulumba - Tshingma among others plenty of game action. He will remember the first time he played against Andrew Harris no doubt but all in will be a better player for getting the reps. Edmonton did well with Boateng as well.

Would love to see our new scout dig up some new blood and hope the regime will be open to his referrals and suggestions. Would be nice to see an organization chart to understand the decision making process as I am not clear at this point of who reports to who. 

Still a month to go before free agency. Wait and see. Sure to be something come up.

Will be very surprised if a deal is not already in place with Hurl. O Shea once again reinforcing a previously poor decision. It seems to be how he is wired.

joe

Liking the insider stuff on the CFL.ca main page of potential Diontae Spencer to Winnipeg rumours.

Had a heck of a year for Ottawa although would add to the undersized receiver issue the Bombers are already dealing with I hope. Factor Dressler injury time and it becomes less of an issue though.

Chandler Fenner would be a nice fit as well. I see jersey sales in good number.

Not sure about the others but these two caught my eye as positive steps. 2018 is shaping up to be a very competitive year. 

Lyle B. Style

Sometimes I think Wad Miller has been fanboying on Wpg Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. Chevy sometimes takes months to get off the pot or take a crap.

But NHL pro team development is far different than non-guaranteed CFL contracts.

Chevy is patient because his owner-boy, Mark Andre Chipman is real patient. Trying to build a hockey team by cobbling together a smattering of free agents, old boy clubbers, and NFL hobos.

Jets are still a bit shaky despite their gaudy record this season - they're starting to crash to earth, probably 60-65% favourites to make playoffs, 80% to be 1st round victims.

Miller thinks enforced patience is the only way. Its not. Been proven. But Miller likes the 26,000 that grace bomber games, the big merch. sales and huge govt. subsidies including zero rent & taxes. He's got a formula and he's stickin' to it - by standing still this year the bombers will actually regress - the only team that's doing less (actually more activity, none of it fruitful) is Montreal

A fast 7-11 season (or worse) with zero playoff activity will send a clarion call to the bomber faithful - they'll be playing to plenty of 22,500 to 24,000 houses in 2019 as some folks just give up the ghost. 5-13? That's probably a signal for a full house-cleaning (including Miller, OShea & Walters) and crowds hovering in the 20,000 to 21,500 range (losses then predicted)

papazoola

Liking the insider stuff on the CFL.ca main page of potential Diontae Spencer to Winnipeg rumours.

......Spencer is a spunky smaller type receiver but has all of the tools....Rarely drops one in heavy traffic....Posey is another guy I hope we have a look at as well as Daniels on the stumps roster...Looks like quite a few players could be changing addresses in a few weeks...I'm more worried about the middle of our D and hope we do a bang-up job recruiting a diamond ...Receiver and MLB are priorities for sure and I hope we are having serious talks with Andy Mulumba and it hasn't all gone dead.

Chris Randel re-signing for 2 yrs. a positive today

joe

Not seeing Marcus Thigpen listed on the Sask roster and wondering if there is a spot for him with the crowded backfield and the resigning of Christion Jones as the returner.

Thinking he could push Lankford for a job given the chance. Two fast dudes. Might prefer Thigpen over Spencer as if it was that easy.

Saw potential in Stephen Adekolu at receiver with BC in 2016 and see him listed as an up coming free agent. Probably not a fit with JFG, Coates and Wolitarsky already with plenty of loyalty reward points on the roster but who knows.

Hoping there is a plan, just not seeing it.

joe

Bond, Travis Bond may have options. He would be missed.

Do they use the spot to go national and sign a I linebacker?

Would be great to see Neufeld, Couture or maybe  Spooner be the guy.

Bombers are in stealth mode not showing their cards I assume. Hopefully they are locked on to a good target.

joe

I see Derick Taylor has Bowman projected to line up at boundary slot with Adams as the boundary wide out. Potent pairing imo.

Could see that hurting Dresslers numbers but like the upgrade in size and the idea it may help Dressler stay healthy and on the field which would help his overall numbers. There you go.

Maybe Coates and Wolitarsky can round it out. I am hopeful. 

joe

Starting to get the feeling it doesn't get done with Muamba. 

Should have happened by now. 

Have no clue where it was left, but if the last offer to Mulumba was standard entry level it should be revisited and a proper contract extended. Maybe $150,000 catches his attention. Wouldn't be as good as HM but potentially could be good.

Plan B could be to offer Victor Butler something he can live with but make him play MLB or maybe Okpalaugo and the athleticism he brings could be an idea. 3downnation has him on the way out due to the big contract and I thought it was all about MOS saving his mother from being run over by a bus. Would definitely have T.O. on the team over Dressler for what sounds like similar money.

Anyway... news soon come

joe

Will spin this as a calm before the storm scenario. Something has to be in the works.

If the Bombers come out of the gate quickly (4 -2) with Santos Knox playing MLB it will one more reason to believe Wad has sold his soul.

If it starts out rocky and stays that way I think we see Loffler moved up to LB by September and Derek Jones playing safety. Leggett could also go back to safety and probably be an all star at the spot.

Still think Bombers are carrying dead weight with Dressler and Medlock but maybe they win them the cup somehow and it all pays off.

Looking forward to hearing NOS explain the strategy and look at people like they are stupid for doubting him.

Users Online

96 Guests, 8 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rshmglsky, bobo82, GHT120, popo, schmenger, Mightygoose, RichardVeilleux, FootbalYouBet, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 130. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)