Wumper

Winnipeg Blue Bombers, transparency??
When WAD has his heart attack Darren Cameron will be telling us its "upper body and he's day to day"....
Illegitimi non carborundum

joe

Hearing Duron Carter is liking Canada.

Thinking the Bombers should make him the highest paid receiver in the league and fill a position of need.

No doubt he does not fit the core group criteria and would never happen.

papazoola

........Interesting article by John Hodge and 3Down nation on our 'seemingly' inaction on the D co-ordinators position...No firm announcement could be causing a few of our star defensive free agents some concern as NONE have re-upped for 18'...I guess a few are weighing out their options and that should be concerning...Points out that other fa's have but not one defensive player...Seems we are either keeping Hall or a decision can't be made either way...Very poor management I'd say, and looking at our one and done repeat, you have to wonder what the hell is going on.//////????????
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

papazoola

Hearing Duron Carter is liking Canada.

Thinking the Bombers should make him the highest paid receiver in the league and fill a position of need.

No doubt he does not fit the core group criteria and would never happen.
........We had our shot at him last year joe and passed....Was it too much dough or his attitude that doesn't jibe with O'Shea or both...I doubt we make a move on him even if Carter knocked on our door and offered his services....We just seem to plod along in a daze.

joe

I bow down in reverence of the 12,464 posts papazoola and agree with your comments regarding Duron Carter.

It was Carter's highlight interception return that prompted my post. I love the mentality of a 6'5" man turning it up field looking to make a play.  Sask got good value for taking a chance that really had no downside. 

Not the way we are wired in Winnipeg. No siree.

papazoola

I bow down in reverence of the 12,464 posts papazoola and agree with your comments regarding Duron Carter.

It was Carter's highlight interception return that prompted my post. I love the mentality of a 6'5" man turning it up field looking to make a play.  Sask got good value for taking a chance that really had no downside.

''''''12,464...now 465 I guess...I don't keep track anymore BUT you made me look 8)...thanx for the sentiment joe....Looking back over the years and all of the personnel I've seen come and go and written about, gives me pause sometimes...Still haven't got a winner since I started posting, but at least I still remember when were a force and won it all...Lot's of younger fans haven't experienced that and it's a shame...27 years and counting since our last sip of the Cup....eeeeeks...I'll stop there now

....In any event I hope everyone had a happy xmas and will ring in the New Year with a smile................Happy New Year ALL.. 

Lyle B. Style

It was Carter's highlight interception return that prompted my post. I love the mentality of a 6'5" man turning it up field looking to make a play.  Sask got good value for taking a chance that really had no downside.

''''''12,464...now 465 I guess...I don't keep track anymore BUT you made me look 8)...thanx for the sentiment joe....Looking back over the years and all of the personnel I've seen come and go and written about, gives me pause sometimes...Still haven't got a winner since I started posting, but at least I still remember when were a force and won it all...Lot's of younger fans haven't experienced that and it's a shame...27 years and counting since our last sip of the Cup....eeeeeks...I'll stop there now

....In any event I hope everyone had a happy xmas and will ring in the New Year with a smile................Happy New Year ALL..
Unfortunately Papa - the form chart will hold again in 2018 as it has for the last 27 years. Wad Miller has learned a key secret about Winnipeggers - they are quite accepting of inferior product - whether it be on a football field, on an ice rink, in government or corporate offices.
No real incentive for Miller to shake things up - he's got quite the formula with his green GM buddy Kyle Walters, ST coach and decision-flubber O'Shea head coaching and an invisible bunch of scouts only Claude Rains could be proud of.
Still get some plump government incentives (and tax bypasses), 25,000 to 30,000 lemmings assured for every game (32,500 for rider games when 4,000 to 5,000 tractors cross the border), great profits off over-priced beer & dogs plus the odd 30,000+ rock concert they fluke into.
Otherwise the building is an empty shell 350 to 354 days a year. OK, the Bisons play 4 home games a year but basically to 200 or 300 family & friends. Just a waste of wonderful green space at the U of M. U of M not complaining (yet) cuz they get some additional parking revenues and the monies provided to erect this edifice were provided by a tired, old & demented premier (Selinger) to appease Asper, Jr.
But in reality the U of M would have benefitted more from a multi-layered commercial development (green space, retail, office, residential, extra fresh teaching space & parking) than WEF (White Elephant Field)

Expect same old, same old recruiting types. Tired & blown out NFL cuts, troubled souls who quit on the spot, under-powered and under-speeded guys who when discovered can shine the shoes of their head coach are assured long-term employment. No real game-busters or difference-makers!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

Must be working on a fresh cup of espresso this morning Lyle. Seemed concerned perhaps no one is listening. Good point on the concert revenue clouding the finances and I must say Flubber O Shea has a catchy ring to it.

Just noticed the 2018 Grey Cup odds are out with the Stamps being the early favorite. Sask and Edm are next at 5 - 1. Argos, Bombers, Lions 7 - 1, Hamilton 9 - 1, Ottawa 10 - 1, Alouettes 13 - 1. For the record the Argos went into last season at 15 - 1 so these guys have been wrong before.

Suggests another crossover to the east will happen. Still leaves one team out in the west. Ed Hervey saying it won't be me. 

Seems the gig should almost be up soon.

papazoola

Must be working on a fresh cup of espresso this morning Lyle. Seemed concerned perhaps no one is listening. Good point on the concert revenue clouding the finances and I must say Flubber O Shea has a catchy ring to it.

Just noticed the 2018 Grey Cup odds are out with the Stamps being the early favorite. Sask and Edm are next at 5 - 1. Argos, Bombers, Lions 7 - 1, Hamilton 9 - 1, Ottawa 10 - 1, Alouettes 13 - 1. For the record the Argos went into last season at 15 - 1 so these guys have been wrong before.

Suggests another crossover to the east will happen. Still leaves one team out in the west. Ed Hervey saying it won't be me.

.......Flubber OShea or McGee... Now Fibber McGee was as Irish as our coach....Now whether it's Flubber or Fibber (or liar if you prefer) I hope Mikey hasn't been leading us on all of these years, and inepts us into another losing season...The torches will be lit around Labour Day if that comes to pass and his buddy Hall and Flubber will be shown the door...Where or where have we seen this picture before

Lyle B. Style

Might have one espresso a year Mourning Joe - prefer Americanos when they're made decently! Note: Timmys doesn't make them decently, Stellas does!

2018 Grey Cup odds don't mean squat but for what its worth I'd adjust them as follows:

Calgary 4-1
Edmonton 5-1
Sask'n      6-1
Argos        7-1
Lions        10-1
Rodblacks  12-1
Bombers    18-1
Als             25-1

If Hamilton can sign Manziel (door is now open) and can retain Masoli I'll put them at 16-1; without Manziel 20-1 

joe

Calgary 4-1
Edmonton 5-1
Sask'n      6-1
Argos        7-1
Lions        10-1
Rodblacks  12-1
Bombers    18-1
Als             25-1

If Hamilton can sign Manziel (door is now open) and can retain Masoli I'll put them at 16-1; without Manziel 20-1  
I'd say you have it pretty close. 

Would be nice to see Calgary fall off and the longer I think of it the more I am hopeful of things getting better in Montreal. Ottawa and Hamilton should be better maybe taking the crossover spot away from the west.

Bombers will be in tough imo.

Lyle B. Style

Calgary 4-1
Edmonton 5-1
Sask'n      6-1
Argos        7-1
Lions        10-1
Rodblacks  12-1
Bombers    18-1
Als             25-1

If Hamilton can sign Manziel (door is now open) and can retain Masoli I'll put them at 16-1; without Manziel 20-1  
I'd say you have it pretty close.

Would be nice to see Calgary fall off and the longer I think of it the more I am hopeful of things getting better in Montreal. Ottawa and Hamilton should be better maybe taking the crossover spot away from the west.

Bombers will be in tough imo.
Looks to me the Bombers are near standing pat for 2018 - which is hilarious. They fluked a couple wins, won a couple nail biters - team coulda easily been 9-9, even 8-10.
Now they're gonna play the same hand as they did in '17?? Unacceptable, to me!

Dressler is a year old, more prone to injuries and a bit slower.

Nichols now knows his o-line can't provide an aura of invincibility anymore! He'll get the crap beat outta him by other team's fierce defenses!

No apparent heir to Hurl; just excuses. CFL draft should be interesting - does Faith Ekakitie or Jade Etienne have younger brothers we can track down and draft?

No real killers on our d-line!
Linebacking group in turmoil...
D-backs alright athletically but in Rich Hall's hands - they're lost!

Need Darwin Adams back to give us a semblance of the long threat!

No game-breaking returners!

Flubber O'Shea returning as head coach!

Gomer Kyle at GM!

Other teams get better - we stand pat! GREAT FORMULA, NOT!

papazoola

Unfortunately Papa - the form chart will hold again in 2018 as it has for the last 27 years. Wad Miller has learned a key secret about Winnipeggers - they are quite accepting of inferior product - whether it be on a football field, on an ice rink, in government or corporate offices.

Expect same old, same old recruiting types. Tired & blown out NFL cuts, troubled souls who quit on the spot, under-powered and under-speeded guys who when discovered can shine the shoes of their head coach are assured long-term employment. No real game-busters or difference-makers!
........I hope you're wrong but the more I watch this slow moving management and watch time after time how we fritter away opportunities, seemingly happy with mediocre to poor performances and performers, I get worried about a repeat.... Example..last season Bear Woods was available (voted by his new team mates as D player of the year) and we stuck with Hurl....Another example is that the Redblacks snapped up Thorpe while we are seemingly sticking with Hall...(Nelson is still with Ottawa and I bet there's been no move to obtain his services)  Either of the aforementioned are more progressive than Hall, who has all star players (at the moment)that should be on a team that is more than 'one and done'...Is the fact that there has been no move to change the D co-ordinator, that we have had little or no defensive signings??..Doug Brown is saying that we could lose up to three or four of our stars...Heath and Randal among them...I guess we could always bring back Roc Carmichael as he fits the mold of 'poor'....Not happy with the way things are starting to take shape for 18'...Sure there's still time to get our valuable fa's under contract but other than Nevis (mediocre player last season) we have NO D signings...There's more than one perplexed look among stalwart fans of the Bombers right now...I hope the hell it changes or Lyle's take I've quoted, could be bang on.

Lyle B. Style

........I hope you're wrong but the more I watch this slow moving management and watch time after time how we fritter away opportunities, seemingly happy with mediocre to poor performances and performers, I get worried about a repeat.... Example..last season Bear Woods was available (voted by his new team mates as D player of the year) and we stuck with Hurl....Another example is that the Redblacks snapped up Thorpe while we are seemingly sticking with Hall...(Nelson is still with Ottawa and I bet there's been no move to obtain his services)  Either of the aforementioned are more progressive than Hall, who has all star players (at the moment)that should be on a team that is more than 'one and done'...Is the fact that there has been no move to change the D co-ordinator, that we have had little or no defensive signings??..Doug Brown is saying that we could lose up to three or four of our stars...Heath and Randal among them...I guess we could always bring back Roc Carmichael as he fits the mold of 'poor'....Not happy with the way things are starting to take shape for 18'...Sure there's still time to get our valuable fa's under contract but other than Nevis (mediocre player last season) we have NO D signings...There's more than one perplexed look among stalwart fans of the Bombers right now...I hope the hell it changes or Lyle's take I've quoted, could be bang on.
If Roc is brought back they'll be about 1500 season ticket holders who threaten to cancel their ducats; but only 150 who actually do - chump change to Emperor Wad.
If Hurl is brought back maybe 2,000 threaten to cancel up - perhaps 200 follow thru. As for Hall they'll be 2500 to 3000 threatening Hell's Bells - but only 200 or so who actually follow up and cancel. Again, chump change!

Bombers will trumpet in a few new faces - (ie. their share of the itinerant hobo market) but none will be more than training camp all-stars, nobody of note or difference-makers to be sure!

Just not serious about the business of operating a professional football organization!

papazoola

.......Just took a big hit in the 'outlook' for 18 today as O'Shea has announced some coaching shuffling except for the most important one...defensive coordinator...We are retaining Hall and it's official...I think Mikey just hung his job on the line with that announcement...If we regress this year and it's defence related....it'll be adios amigo for the Irishman.

Users Online

56 Guests, 3 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, KevinRiley2, Lyle B. Style, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 100. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)