DAN38

I thought and was hoping we would slaughter BC, but we let up. Later I thought about it more and maybe we eased off because we are going to meet this same team in 2 weeks. We had just eliminated them from the playoffs, they are pissed off, have nothing to play for except pride AND get to exact revenge only 2 games down the road... I think we eased up too much.
   It was a tough hard hitting game. BC knew Flanders was out and that Harris was the main threat so they keyed on Harris. Over and over they stopped him and over and over we kept running the same plays. This is where the stubbornness comes in. After half-time, why not use the fullback Normand more in this situation. Screen plays or hand-offs to a receiver are all options. Nope, we just keep giving the ball to Harris and Solly just keeps bringing him down. We made Solly look really good and I'm amazed Harris did not get hurt !
   Ultimately this comes down on MOS but LAPO has a mouth. Why didn't he say or do something different ?...My biggest critique of the coaches has always been the inability or refusal to change. This is why we need to develop the killer instinct even more. 11-4 does say a lot though.

Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

Lyle B. Style

I thought and was hoping we would slaughter BC, but we let up. Later I thought about it more and maybe we eased off because we are going to meet this same team in 2 weeks. We had just eliminated them from the playoffs, they are pissed off, have nothing to play for except pride AND get to exact revenge only 2 games down the road... I think we eased up too much.
   It was a tough hard hitting game. BC knew Flanders was out and that Harris was the main threat so they keyed on Harris. Over and over they stopped him and over and over we kept running the same plays. This is where the stubbornness comes in. After half-time, why not use the fullback Normand more in this situation. Screen plays or hand-offs to a receiver are all options. Nope, we just keep giving the ball to Harris and Solly just keeps bringing him down. We made Solly look really good and I'm amazed Harris did not get hurt !
   Ultimately this comes down on MOS but LAPO has a mouth. Why didn't he say or do something different ?...My biggest critique of the coaches has always been the inability or refusal to change. This is why we need to develop the killer instinct even more. 11-4 does say a lot though.

I'm a huge PLOP FAN - (Paul Lapolice) but the biggest blight on his coaching career is his sheepishness when it comes to confronting either his head coach or his GM when it comes down to critical issues. He knows he's good - he's the highest paid assistant in the league fgs - and he doesn't want to rock the boat. He was a Casper the Ghost when he worked under Joe Mack - and even Coffee Zombie Joe decided to fire Plop. So no surprise at all that Plop won't stand up to an assertive and stubborn head coach like O'Shea. (by the same token I'm sure Plop looks at a guy like O'Shea, an inexperienced coach who made error after error his first 2 or 3 years and says that anyone else would have been fired - but because O'Shea is tied to the hip with Miller & Walters, he gets off scot-free; probably some brooding resentment under the surface which Plop has been able to hide)
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

papazoola

It was a tough hard hitting game. BC knew Flanders was out and that Harris was the main threat so they keyed on Harris. Over and over they stopped him and over and over we kept running the same plays. This is where the stubbornness comes in. After half-time, why not use the fullback Normand more in this situation. Screen plays or hand-offs to a receiver are all options. 

.....I agree Dan BUT Harris is pursuing a few records AND I know 'team comes first' and there's no 'I' in 'team' but I'm sure the club and coaches would like to see Andrew come up with a few accolades...soooooo they have him in there...I would prefer to see Normand play more...This guy is a bullish bowling ball that opposition defenders prefer to shy away from when he gets rumbling...I'd like to see him in the lineup more frequently in our second meeting with the Leos, so that Wally and his gang can leave with a few...let's say BRUISED egos and remembrances of us in 2017.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

DAN38

It was a tough hard hitting game. BC knew Flanders was out and that Harris was the main threat so they keyed on Harris. Over and over they stopped him and over and over we kept running the same plays. This is where the stubbornness comes in. After half-time, why not use the fullback Normand more in this situation. Screen plays or hand-offs to a receiver are all options.

.....I agree Dan BUT Harris is pursuing a few records AND I know 'team comes first' and there's no 'I' in 'team' but I'm sure the club and coaches would like to see Andrew come up with a few accolades...soooooo they have him in there...I would prefer to see Normand play more...This guy is a bullish bowling ball that opposition defenders prefer to shy away from when he gets rumbling...I'd like to see him in the lineup more frequently in our second meeting with the Leos, so that Wally and his gang can leave with a few...let's say BRUISED egos and remembrances of us in 2017.
   I love Harris, Papa. I'd love to see him get the 1000/1000 thing too. (Maybe Rod will stop talking about it. ;D) But if it ain't workin, it AIN"T working ! Wally and the boys would like nothing better than to play the spoiler and maybe send a few of us to the infirmary. We already saw what a desperate team can do-Hamilton. Play Normand as our RB and let Andrew get some more catching yards. We do need help there. When Harris was catching the ball, Solly had a harder time catching him. Solly will be gunning for Harris for sure, and with nothing to lose or gain, it may get ugly.
  It used to be that a HC would change up at half-time and adapt to what the opposition was showing. MOS won't and we all know that. I don't think 'the game plan' is written in stone.

Users Online

92 Guests, 14 Users (16 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Balticfox, Grover, KevinRiley2, letsgoticats, Palmer, Count Floyd, FormerlyTurkish, MadJack, slowhand, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Mark, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 188. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)