Wumper

The new guy gets banged up, welcome to henoc, Jamaal and chipper, it goes south real quick.
Roster the extra OL, you don't need the "full Mike", aka a truck full of DL.
Never empty the backfield on these guys, they don't play nice.
Bombers by ten, attendance less than ten....
Illegitimi non carborundum

joe

Not sure if Ottawa was that good or the Riders that bad. Hung a licking on them anyway and brought them down to earth a bit. Hoping Hamilton and Toronto can win as well.

Bombers can not be cocky about Montreal. I think they know that. Fingers crossed that they can get back the points they are down. 

DAN38

We can say that Mont is struggling but we can also say that we are playing like fire. There is a lot of heart on this team. Willy looked like the old Willy again. Streveler is for real, can't see him folding up in any way. Maybe Nichols is backup now ?...We are gonna win some games.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

MadJack

Bombers can not be cocky about Montreal. 
Yes, they can.

Lyle B. Style

There's no quarterback controversy in Winnipeg cuz Mike O'Shea said so.

Streveler will start next 2 or 3 games - Nichols will not lose his job due to pre-season injury.

Even if Nichols struggles - O'Shea is one stubborn cuss - he'll be totally reluctant to rotate Strevs in cuz he likes sticking to sloppy decisions.

If Nichols continues to struggle and bombers lose games - the fan reaction will be nuclear - and O'Shea will be forced to start Streveler - mainly because W. Miller tells him to. When O'Shea's job is on the line he suddenly conforms to reality.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

DAN38

There's no quarterback controversy in Winnipeg cuz Mike O'Shea said so.

Streveler will start next 2 or 3 games - Nichols will not lose his job due to pre-season injury.

Even if Nichols struggles - O'Shea is one stubborn cuss - he'll be totally reluctant to rotate Strevs in cuz he likes sticking to sloppy decisions.

If Nichols continues to struggle and bombers lose games - the fan reaction will be nuclear - and O'Shea will be forced to start Streveler - mainly because W. Miller tells him to. When O'Shea's job is on the line he suddenly conforms to reality.
    I agree that O'Shea is stubborn when it comes to change but this situation is different. He now KNOWS that he has a competent backup to Nichols, maybe two.  In the future if he does not change QBs when it's warranted, I'll be calling for his head too. No sense in condemning someone before they are found guilty. It may never come to it at all....One thing we do know, we've now got trade bait in the form of a QB. Wouldn't Montreal like to have ..........................?

papazoola

…...Well that was a blowout.....and to think we've found a fourth qb. in Adams...throwing a beauty to Harris...Doesn't get much better....lol...….Seriously I think we have a gem in Streveler....Can he keep it up and show well in Ham?? He seems to have the talent and moxey ….Ham. beating Edm., also last night, shows they're no slouches...Could be a real turning point for the Bombers in 18' and it's quarterbacking....Just knowing we have that kind of talent behind centre is very comforting....Something I haven't felt with this team for a very long time...
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

joe

To think Vegas odds makers could have made Montreal 45 point underdogs and still have the Bombers cover is beyond belief to me. Have to say I am not seeing what is so special about the Rich Stubler defence. Worse than bad from the dropped interception on the second play to Keenan Lafrance running amok once again and good for him to do so.

If I was Stubler I would not have gone back to the locker room after the game. Fit in with the few fans left, jump on the metro to the airport and get the heck out of town asap. There is no explanation for what happened. Maybe it was on Sherman or back to Kavis but somebody did not get it done. Sure they were on the field a lot and yes they took a lot of penalties but they couldn't stop anything. Bombers didn't even have to come out for the second half and Montreal still wouldn't have scored enough to catch up. Everyone looked bad. DB Ellis in particular caught my eye.

No different on the Offence side of things. Starting the 2nd half with double tight ends against the Bomber prevent defence wasn't any better than the first half. i was surprised to see only 3 sacks. Seemed like more. 59 stood out like a safety patrol at a street crossing waving when it was safe to rush the qb. Bart Starr couldn't have saved that game. Something needs fixing fast if they expect anyone to show up to watch them play. $3 beer might be the only answer.

On the Bomber side I wonder if Matt Nichols knee is feeling better already. One more game for Steveler like that is going to be the Edmonton deja vu all over again for Nichols. Will help the sms for sure. No doubt the boy can run but the Als knew that and did nothing. Ironically reminded me of Khari Jones when he first came to Winnipeg and used his legs to win games. 40 mins time of possession borders awesomeness. 

Montreals best play was the interception to Gaitor. Sad,sad,sad.

Are the Bombers that good? Hamilton may be a tougher game but the Winnipeg D line is a handful and the O line is doing their job. Little bit chippy going after guys for nothing more than trying to make a play or tackling but playing on the edge and not drawing penalties is just about right. I did not think the Als were intentionally trying to injure on either the Streveler or Harris hits but no harm done telling them to lay off imo. 

The points were big considering the other games. Can't get ahead of themselves and need to be ready again for Hamilton but seems there is hope. Montreal needs help fast. Will be interesting to see if they make changes. I have sympathy for their fans. Been there, done that. 

joe

All history now.

Top 3 teams I saw were Calgary, Winnipeg, and Ottawa. Rank them how you will.

Stamps still look like the team to beat imo. Textbook offence with both the run and pass attack working. Eric Rogers says he is still not quite there. Throw in a special teams td and your having a party. Bo Levi is a good QB. Somebody knows what they are doing. Play of the week was Kamar Jordan running down Ronnie Yell imo. Seemed about twice as fast.

Winnipeg needs to do it again next week to be sure they are real. Did look good but helped by the Als not showing up. Ottawa is in a similar situation and showed they can move the ball through the air. Run game not so much.

Worst 3 teams were Montreal, Toronto, and Saskatchewan and it may have something to do with who they were playing. Seems James Franklin is going to get his chance. Toronto looks like a 3rd place team to me at this point. No James Wilder again but maybe it is the playbook. Doesn't need fixing like the Als but not firing the way they were.

Chaos in Sask? Bridge looked as good as Collaros imo. Neither got it going. Probably make another 10 changes and add more goofy stuff. At least a little quieter now with the beatdown.

Hamilton looks for real. Masoli played a nice game. Looking forward to the matchup with Winnipeg. 

Still not seeing the Grey Cup contender in Edmonton. Maybe Sam Giguere is the answer but I don't think so.

On to week 3.

joe

Seems the wind always comes in to play in Hamilton. Nice night otherwise.

Not the outcome the boys were hoping for but that's football. Parade on hold for now.

Makes next weeks game a big one. 

DAN38

It wasn't so much Hamilton winning as it was the Bombers losing. Incompetent reffing may have helped too. I am not ready to throw in the towel on Hall but if enemy receivers continue to catch passes with no one around them, then something has to change...We can look at Steveler for blame but he was not on the field enough through no fault of his own. When you sit for 5 mins while the other team has it's way, it's hard to get something going.

joe

It wasn't so much Hamilton winning as it was the Bombers losing. Incompetent reffing may have helped too. I am not ready to throw in the towel on Hall but if enemy receivers continue to catch passes with no one around them, then something has to change...We can look at Steveler for blame but he was not on the field enough through no fault of his own. When you sit for 5 mins while the other team has it's way, it's hard to get something going.
Really not much different then what Montreal went through last week with their defence on the field for 2/3 of the game. On the other hand, highly paid pro athletes training 365 days a year at contract time.

What we saw from Streveler is typical of a young QB. Run for your life. Cool that he fought for the extra yard but not a good long term strategy. Still like what he brings to the team.

Noticed a hold on Okpalaugo that was not called so your theory on that still stands.

Would add that Bighill was not a factor despite being credited with 10 tackles. One play in the backfield and a hard tackle on the sideline after a 12 yard gain. Caught up in the crowd on both of Timmis's td's. Makes me wonder about who assigns the tackle credit and thought Hajrullah should have got credit for stopping Fogg on his one good return.

Moe Leggett tried but agree that Hamilton receivers were open all night long. Could have been worse if Banks wouldn't have dropped 2 or 3. Toliver had a few as well.

Lots of mention about Ti Cats two national rb's but nothing about Harris and Demski seemed odd. Would think Erlington could only hope to have Demski's contract.

Many Bomber penalties declined makes the stats look better. Tough one on Harris's big run to give back the field position.

Need to put in the archive and move on. Hoping we see Jennings and not Lulay next week. BC is an equally fragile team in a similar fight for a playoff spot. Should be a good game.

Did not think the open mic did Mike any favors. Surprised to hear him ask Walters (I assume) about the penalty to move Hamilton back from potential field goal range. Didn't matter in the end.

Still time to get it right. No big injuries that I noticed is/was a good thing.

Lyle B. Style

Really not much different then what Montreal went through last week with their defence on the field for 2/3 of the game. On the other hand, highly paid pro athletes training 365 days a year at contract time.

What we saw from Streveler is typical of a young QB. Run for your life. Cool that he fought for the extra yard but not a good long term strategy. Still like what he brings to the team.

Noticed a hold on Okpalaugo that was not called so your theory on that still stands.

Would add that Bighill was not a factor despite being credited with 10 tackles. One play in the backfield and a hard tackle on the sideline after a 12 yard gain. Caught up in the crowd on both of Timmis's td's. Makes me wonder about who assigns the tackle credit and thought Hajrullah should have got credit for stopping Fogg on his one good return.

Moe Leggett tried but agree that Hamilton receivers were open all night long. Could have been worse if Banks wouldn't have dropped 2 or 3. Toliver had a few as well.

Lots of mention about Ti Cats two national rb's but nothing about Harris and Demski seemed odd. Would think Erlington could only hope to have Demski's contract.

Many Bomber penalties declined makes the stats look better. Tough one on Harris's big run to give back the field position.

Need to put in the archive and move on. Hoping we see Jennings and not Lulay next week. BC is an equally fragile team in a similar fight for a playoff spot. Should be a good game.

Did not think the open mic did Mike any favors. Surprised to hear him ask Walters (I assume) about the penalty to move Hamilton back from potential field goal range. Didn't matter in the end.

Still time to get it right. No big injuries that I noticed is/was a good thing.
Supposedly an early injury to Brando Alexander changed the composition of our defensive backfield but as we've learned u can't rely on Rotten Roddy Black to inform anyone of game changes (before, during or even after). Matthieu Scianetti should have been more on the ball but he was trying to fulfill pre-agreed interviews at pre-agreed times. His stuff was rather useless.

O'Shea will never want to be within 10 miles of a TSN live mic after that embarrassment. Mike was shown to be far more tight and unimaginative than even I thought. He was super tight, focused on micro details that he had zero to no time to control and basically providing a backdrop of non-essentials to the card.  Meanwhile Junebug Jones was a picture in observation and prudent game-planning & organization - not saying too much, just keeping cool and keeping his play loose.
As a matter of history the great coaches always seem to be ice-cold glaciers on the sidelines.

ie. Bud Grant, Marv Levy, that old drawler from the Dallas Cowboys, Bellicheck, Tom Landry, Cigar Joe Faragelli, Wally Buono (when he was in his right mind), John Hufnagel, even Dickenson to an extent. Bucky Beever, Don Matthews might have been a singular exception but even Bucky wasn't that loud or nervous on the sidelines.

The nutbars, super nervous and shrill guys seem to have limited success. (Chris Jones, Mike Maggot Kelly, Sgt. Slaughter Greg Marshall, Morose Tim Burke, Dancin' Kavis Reed, Macocia, Jim Spavital, Leo the Lip, Angry Jason Maas, etc.

DAN38

My thoughts the whole game ! We also have LaFrance.

DAN38

ie. Bud Grant, Marv Levy, that old drawler from the Dallas Cowboys, Bellicheck, Tom Landry, Cigar Joe Faragelli, Wally Buono (when he was in his right mind), John Hufnagel, even Dickenson to an extent. Bucky Beever, Don Matthews might have been a singular exception but even Bucky wasn't that loud or nervous on the sidelines.

I think you forgot Mike Riley. ;D He always seemed pretty cool to me.

Users Online

109 Guests, 17 Users (20 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Boycey40, mycko75, Garney 26, Mightygoose, rshmglsky, TravelPat1, TeddyFay, Onemoredork, FootbalYouBet, alphamale111, Dr.Whiskey, DisplacedCatsFan, Balticfox, Hammertown Proud, ExPat, RM14, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (12)

Most Online Today: 187. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)