DAN38

Same old, same old.... If you and your sidekick Pancho Joe really think the Bombers are so rotten, why not take your Quixotic sojourn to another team. There must be a team with more windmills than Winnipeg. ...

This stuff is very tiring, makes me wonder why you are not tired of it. Did something tragic happen in your childhood ?.. How many posters will leave because of your return this time ?

Keep whipping that dead horse named Faith. Probably get a few years on that 'toadaso.' Whew...
Same old, same old is right.

Reminds me of the definition of insanity to repeat behaviour and expect different results. Or maybe that is the stupidity one.

Give a guy a break for stating the obvious. And I am also very tired of the same crap over and over.

You have a choice as well rather than to post on this board. Everyone on the team site has the Bombers winning the cup so maybe that would be a good place to hang out. Nice when the mods jump in and take threads off to other subjects or just end them. Keep trotting out that damn Joe Mack and now how Durant really screwed us over

As for Thursday, Alex Bazzie will be happy to see his old buddy Ross again I am thinking. Bombers will be hard pressed to pick up 200 yds offence. Maybe that will be enough. Will have to check the betting line.

Play the games. We will see.
   How come you have to defend Style, can't he do it for himself ?

And don't presume to tell me I can go to another board because quite frankly, you aren't qualified.
   From what I can tell you and your crony have both had some interaction with other forums. Is that why you are here now ?
   As for Joe Mack, I have never trotted him out. Better check your sources. When it comes to DD, I have stated my case and that's that.

It's not only about the repetition. It's also about insulting people about their appearance and insulting anyone who doesn't believe the conspiracy theories.

As far as I'm concerned, if you and your buddy want to continue wallowing in your pit of pessimism, knock yourself out.... I post where I want to post.

Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

joe

How come you have to defend Style, can't he do it for himself ?

And don't presume to tell me I can go to another board because quite frankly, you aren't qualified.
   From what I can tell you and your crony have both had some interaction with other forums. Is that why you are here now ?
   As for Joe Mack, I have never trotted him out. Better check your sources. When it comes to DD, I have stated my case and that's that.

It's not only about the repetition. It's also about insulting people about their appearance and insulting anyone who doesn't believe the conspiracy theories.

As far as I'm concerned, if you and your buddy want to continue wallowing in your pit of pessimism, knock yourself out.... I post where I want to post.

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn from the past" or not

A true Bomber fan would say enough is enough with the cow dung. None are so blind as those that will not see.

Your jumping to conclusions you know nothing about. I have not ever been asked to not post on any board. I do try to avoid the paid mod pumpers and the Ed Tait spin on the WBB club forum. There are a few good posters there but lots of it is the same old MOS and Walters love is blind crap. Yes they were 12 and 6 last season but 4 games were miracle wins but wins are wins. Doesn't mean the team is any good.

There are fewer than 10 regular posters (maybe 6) on this board and you get excited if someone doesn't share your love for Mike O Shea. Bombers could go 0 and 18 and Richie Hall will be blamed and fired (that is why they kept him for this year). Walters and O'Shea, buddies since college are untouchable. What are the chances that the best GM and the best coach happened to play on the same college team and are given 5 years of failure to learn, grow and keep trying. Not from anyone spending their own money on them. At least show the fans some respect and don't bs them and scoff at any hint of that it possibly could be better. That starts with Wade Miller though but he is somehow king of sports in Winnipeg without a nickle of his own in the game.

Actually heard June Jones mentioned as a players coach so I hope that doesn't hurt the Bomber recruitment strategy going forward. 

I get losing Nichols was not a good thing and it definitely exposed a weakness in the depth that they certainly should of had in the system by their 5th year. 4 weeks from the time it happened is the latest. We'll see on that. The last thing I need to hear from the coach is that he likes where they are and doesn't think it was ever broke. I will file those ones besides the "this is Drew's team" one of years past and so many others but we don't talk about that. And how we bash Willy and KG instead of applauding their achievements at playing pro ball. 

Player development? We don't do that. Good luck in Ottawa Menard- Briere, you were pretty close and about $100,000 less money then Medlock and you can go on the practice roster but JM is our guy and will be again next year no doubt.

Heard they trotted Leggett out today which is nice and about time. Wonder if it is for real? If it is and I am Edmonton I am sending CJ Gable right at him snap after snap. Or maybe just a little ploy to confuse them. Maybe the Bombers have some good trick plays lined up and I do agree with Wally on the trick play strategy. Lots more to say on that but I won't bother.

I don't know Lyle from Adam but am happy to see someone else who is saying there is something wrong with this picture. Even when he is right you ignore the facts and make condescending remarks and accuse him of negativity. What is up with that? And how many posters are asking where is Dan38 if you aren't posting? Not me.

I have followed and pretty well read every news article on the Bombers since the mid 60's. I was big on Amos Van Pelt who they brought in after trading Dave Raimey to the Argos. Didn't really work out with John Schneider at QB and there were a few tough years until they gave up on developing and brought in Don Jonas. They had a lot of good teams through the 70's and 80's. Usually competitive but always had trouble with the Esks come playoff time. Stamps were a joke but they still beat us on a Larry Robinson field goal in a snow storm one year and everyone remembers Joe Critchlow getting called on the no yards in the loss to the Riders the day we lost Mickey Doyle to a broken leg. Point being I have never been so disgusted at the level of entertainment than what I am experiencing with today's team. All they want is my money which they do not get any longer.

What they really should be concerned with is that everyone posting is more or less the same as me (old). The fan base is aging and the millenials are not buying in and I can't blame them. 

So screw you and your hopes and dreams of a winning season. Maybe it all works out but for sure I don't need any more crap in my life and won't bother you with any more negativity.

Kumbaya and good luck.

Lyle B. Style

Joe - you and I are old-schoolers cut from somewhat the same cloth. You've obviously been able to discern without my assistance there are essentially two types of posters on sports boards.

1. Sincere folks who post their thoughts, ideas and opinions without much malice. Yes, sometimes dripping with sarcasm but that's an earned right. Right? These types of posters can be 12 to 102 but the one thing they share is semi-informed to informed opinion.

2. The other type - and you will notice it within a few bytes of their posts are ones who don't really post much about the topics at hand - but are in full flame-mode and try their darndest to flame-bomb the more sincere posters, try to ignite flame wars and damage or injure the thread at hand, by default the entire sports site.

10 years ago I would occasionally engage these #2 types but the result is rarely good. They are not their to discuss - only to inflame & infect. So the best idea is to avoid them - they'll eventually run out of food or sharp-minded moderators will do it for them.

btw Joe - do you remember a couple of my favorite old bombers from the 60s?

George Fleming - an American running back who always got us 5+ yds but was also unique in that he kicked field goals and converts. Not bad at it either. An American RB who kicked, that's simply amazing in today's day 'n age!

Norm Winton - a rotund hobo-like DT who toiled in the mid to late 60s for the bombers. Not a great DT but certainly more robust and stronger than newly washed out Faith Ekakitie. Stormin' Norman also kicked field goals (this was way before Troy Westwood, Geno Lakusiak, Bernie Ruoff, Trevor Kennard, etc.) and I'll never forgot one early fall day where the bombers were in a barn-burner with the Eskimos at Wpg. Stadium. Jose Hernandez returned a punt 80 yds to give the Esks a 1 pt lead. The Bombers managed to get the ball to the Esks 33 with only a couple seconds left on the clock. Norm Winton had basically 35 yard FG range and could kick 90% of the converts from the 17. To top things off the bombers were going into the wind so the chances of Norm Winton, the 6'2", 250 lb. defensive tackle kicking the winning field goal were low and zero. Low won the day - as I remember as if it were yesterday the ball clearing the goal posts by a few inches maybe 2 feet. Such is the stuff of legend - but to a young kid from the north end - it perhaps began my fascination with the little league that could!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

aulcee

Dan has been on here for 13 years.I have never seen him "flame" a damn thing.Ihave been on here for a long time as well.Same with one of our most knowledgeable posters Wolverine. Everyone has quit posting here because of constant negativity,and ignorant comments.We have gone from a vibrant,intelligent,polite board that took different points of view and discussed them civilly and intelligently.Now we have this.This site has been reduced to 3 posters who sit and hack on the team,make up silly childish names that often mock phsical traits of people .Moderators this has gone beyond anything I have experienced on a forum.I tried again,but I am done.Way to go Lyle or Nate or whatever you want to call yourself,this is what you have managed to accomplish when given a free hand .That was one of the most delusional posts I have ever read.Dan,Wolverine and any of the other numerous posters that have given up,it's been a slice,I will miss what this site once was.

Niagara Als

Hearing Bombers have offered Ekakatie to the Riders for Bridge.

Would not expect a favour from anyone related to helping with a quarterback but who knows. It will be a steep price if it does happen.

Finding someone who knows the game will be the challenge if they need to bring in a replacement.
Ekakatie would not be choice of any team in the CFL. Reading WPeg's posts last season it appears both the media and, the fans all recognize that this player is not up to the CFL game.

DAN38

Dan has been on here for 13 years.I have never seen him "flame" a damn thing.Ihave been on here for a long time as well.Same with one of our most knowledgeable posters Wolverine. Everyone has quit posting here because of constant negativity,and ignorant comments.We have gone from a vibrant,intelligent,polite board that took different points of view and discussed them civilly and intelligently.Now we have this.This site has been reduced to 3 posters who sit and hack on the team,make up silly childish names that often mock phsical traits of people .Moderators this has gone beyond anything I have experienced on a forum.I tried again,but I am done.Way to go Lyle or Nate or whatever you want to call yourself,this is what you have managed to accomplish when given a free hand .That was one of the most delusional posts I have ever read.Dan,Wolverine and any of the other numerous posters that have given up,it's been a slice,I will miss what this site once was.
     Now this is a sad but true post. Aulcee, a great poster has left for the 2nd time due to the constant strains of 'the sky is falling.'.. We should all sit up and take notice, the leaders of our football team are all in cahoots to make sure the Bombers DON'T win. What's wrong with everyone ? Can't you see the conspiracy when it's right in front of your eyes ? Our GM picks players he knows will fail. Our coach has convinced his players to want to lose. Even the water boy is in on it. Ever notice how the cheerleaders aren't really trying. ::) ::) ::)

I'm a guy who likes to see the glass as half full. Some see it as half empty and that's OK too but when you start pointing fingers at who took half the water, I gotta wonder.
    A few years back everyone was commenting and rightly so, that we needed a backup QB. Bad GM. Then he got one. I thought great. It turned out bad and now it's the bad GM all over again. It seems no matter what the team does the half empty glass guys will find fault. Constant complaining... We finally have stability and a competitive team. Not good enough. Find some fault somewhere. It borders on the insane. Sad really.

Great minds discuss ideas

Average minds discuss events

Small minds discuss people

Lyle B. Style

Hearing Bombers have offered Ekakatie to the Riders for Bridge.

Would not expect a favour from anyone related to helping with a quarterback but who knows. It will be a steep price if it does happen.

Finding someone who knows the game will be the challenge if they need to bring in a replacement.
Ekakatie would not be choice of any team in the CFL. Reading WPeg's posts last season it appears both the media and, the fans all recognize that this player is not up to the CFL game.
Indeed. Some ol boy bird dog sure pulled the wool over Walters, Mcmanus, the entire bomber scouting staff's ears with the whisper to burn their #1 pick with Ekakitie!

DAN38

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/05/01/draft-rewind-5-years-1st-round-picks-2/

Read this. Maybe, just maybe someone might understand that it is not a big deal if your 1st rounder doesn't pan out. I said before, I'll say again, A draft is a crap shoot in any league...good to notice how many Bomber 1st round picks are still playing though.

I'm moving on from this needles and worthless discussion but don't let that stop anyone from bringing it up incessantly.

wolverine29

Read this. Maybe, just maybe someone might understand that it is not a big deal if your 1st rounder doesn't pan out. I said before, I'll say again, A draft is a crap shoot in any league...good to notice how many Bomber 1st round picks are still playing though.

I'm moving on from this needles and worthless discussion but don't let that stop anyone from bringing it up incessantly.
Ekakitie can still develop into a player.  You have to be realistic as to the things that factored into Ekakitie's release.  After Westerman and Bond were gone and the addition of Demski, they moved two starting Nat spots to the offense and essentially made the d-line all import.  It's not the first time a CFL team has had to make a tough decision on a high draft pick after changing the way they deploy the ratio.  And second, the depth of the players on the Dline and across the roster overall meant there wasn't room left for them to keep him around to continue his development.  In fact, they had to cut Casher and Montgomery and both played really well vs the Lions.  It's actually a good sign that we have enough talent on the roster capable of playing today if need be that we can't accommodate a National project anymore at a position not essential to our ratio. Ekakitie will catch on with another team that uses Nationals on their Dline and could still turn out to be a fine to really good CFLer with additional coaching.  If all you want to do is gripe, you'll point fingers and blame Walters for wasting a pick.  Or you can sit back and look at the roster and see how balanced Walters has made the roster and that Ekakitie just wasn't a fit anymore.  

Wumper

Wise words..
Illegitimi non carborundum

DAN38

Ekakitie can still develop into a player.  You have to be realistic as to the things that factored into Ekakitie's release.  After Westerman and Bond were gone and the addition of Demski, they moved two starting Nat spots to the offense and essentially made the d-line all import.  It's not the first time a CFL team has had to make a tough decision on a high draft pick after changing the way they deploy the ratio.  And second, the depth of the players on the Dline and across the roster overall meant there wasn't room left for them to keep him around to continue his development.  In fact, they had to cut Casher and Montgomery and both played really well vs the Lions.  It's actually a good sign that we have enough talent on the roster capable of playing today if need be that we can't accommodate a National project anymore at a position not essential to our ratio. Ekakitie will catch on with another team that uses Nationals on their Dline and could still turn out to be a fine to really good CFLer with additional coaching.  If all you want to do is gripe, you'll point fingers and blame Walters for wasting a pick.  Or you can sit back and look at the roster and see how balanced Walters has made the roster and that Ekakitie just wasn't a fit anymore.  
    Are you saying that I'm griping, wolverine, because if so, you better read my posts again. I am neither griping or pointing fingers. I don't think a 1st round pick is anything to lose sleep over and I agree with what you say. You must have me mixed up with someone else.

DAN38

Wolverine, i have read your post over a few times and realized that if you are using the word 'YOU' in the broad sense of the word, i must apologize... I kept thinking that I wasn't interpreting your words correctly. I am on your side in this whole fiasco. ;)

joe

Agree that the draft can be a crap shoot as you say but reality is the intended use is a mechanism or tool to level the playing field and help ensure competition. Some are better with tools than others in all walks of life.

The thing that made me wonder about selecting Ekakitie was that they had picked Corney the year before and already had Westerman, Shologan, and Thomas on the roster. They also signed Nevis and Okpalaugo and can only assume they knew that Jeffcoat and Johnson were coming to camp although there was no guarantee that they would turn out as good as they have. That is a lot of bodies, Not sure if Peach was still around and don't want to bother with looking it up. 

I thought Donny O would have been a solid guy to fill a defensive tackle spot if needed but can see that Bombers are not big on retreads from past eras and that is their choice. They are the guys picking.

Bombers were still thin at linebacker and receiver at the time so it baffled me that they chose to draft at a very congested position. I get if the guy is head and shoulders above everyone you make room but odd to go back to the same spot that you already addressed.  I would have liked to see them draft one or both of the Herdman's. Another poster mentioned Vandervoort as his pick. 

Saw a post on another site that mentioned they only looked at video of his time in Iowa and never saw him live. No idea if that is true. Scary if it is to be honest.

Regardless they took a shot and it didn't work out. Life goes on. 

Already mentioned about the qb spot at the end of 2016 but you ignored that so won't bother bringing it up again but would like to add that the Durant retirement news was made public May 11 and there was talk the Bombers knew earlier but Walters was on vacation. No idea if that is fact or fiction. Still they had more than a month before opening day but made the decision at that time to go with the same one quarterback system they used in 2017. Of course Matt Nichols was not hurt at the time. Nichols going down last August would have derailed the season the same way his injury this year is going to affect the team now.

I really don't understand how you can say I am being negative by asking what were they thinking. Please discuss instead of attacking. Try being open minded. I assure you I am a very concerned Bomber fan and believe I am asking pertinent questions that never seem to be answered or even acknowledged.

That said it is opening day and time to be optimistic so lets drink the kool aid and hope for the best. I pray I have not offended anyone with this post.

Lyle B. Style

My view on Ekakitie is very similar. However, I don't even thing the bomber tall foreheads had the courtesy of a video of this dud. My educated guess is they went back to the old died in the wool 40s and 50s recruiting tool - some 'ol bird dog on his last legs, some dung-whisperer . . . . .

Not only did Faith not work out - he was slow, weak & out-of-shape - the trifecta of bad #1 picks. AWFUL

As for getting attacked Joe - get used to it. But know this

The attacks will usually be personal in nature - not football or strategy related.

You see, the typical attack-troll is mostly devoid of football information. Just disruptors trying to create chaos on a normally solid board thread.

So when I get personally attacked I generally write off the attacker as a no-mind with harmful intention. Plain 'n simple.

Even more dangerous is the hybrid attack-troll. These types usually possess a football IQ between 1 and 3 (out of 10) so they mix in a bit of football talk with their personal attacks to camouflage harmful intent. However, most are near no-minds who think MOS is a brilliant tactical coach, Sam Hurl is a warrior, Ky Walters a draft genius & Danny Mac a never-miss scout.

papazoola

…...Constructive criticism is fine....going on and on about deficiencies in the organization is alright as well....TO A POINT.... Critiquing ad nauseum becomes boring and a very wise teacher of the past told me that after awhile 'people go deaf when the same subject is repeated over and over and boredom will win the day'.... There are so many other positive topics to bounce around about the team rather than dwelling on the negatives....Spinning your tires in the sand will result in nothing but a deep hole...After saying all of that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and when it comes down to it we're all Bomber fans … and we hope the best for the team..(at least I think so) ;D
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Users Online

102 Guests, 13 Users (21 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MadJack, Bayargonaut00, FootbalYouBet, FormerlyTurkish, bobo82, of course, 97valkyrie, Grover, shadowski, KevinRiley2, Mightygoose, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (15)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)