Lyle B. Style

Weird play of the game had to be the punt that rolled into the end zone and Fogg throwing a forward pass to Leggett. No points and start on the 15 ?

Prediciting you see more of that one if it turns out to be legit.
Was there a penalty on the play? Was it declined? The bombers saved the rouge but started where the ball first bounced (15 yd line) instead of conceding the single and starting out 20 yards further afield.

Bewildering play - but very interesting!

Perhaps O'Shea mentioned something on his protected post-game show w/ Uncle Bob Irving??

P.S. Only obvious things to gather from last nite's game:

1. Wally Buono has totally disassociated himself from his job
2. Adarious Bowman is done as a competitive WR (lost more than a half-step)
3. Low crowd count never mentioned or announced (as per bomber CEO wishes)
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

DAN38

162 yds passing. Must be a four cylinder.

You were pretty quiet last week. Now your out with your trumpet.

It was a good 2 points and will help in the standings.
     Please don't assume to know why I was 'pretty quiet last week'. Are you watching for me , Joe ?.. And my trumpet is much preferable to you and your buddy's death dirges.

Only 162 yds, plus 45 from Streveler. No matter, we won.

No returns for a TD- we still won

Too many penalties ?- we still won

Bowman hardly played- we still won

Only 4 sacks- we still won

O'Shea wore shorts-we still won

Faith Ekaktitie was a bad pick- WE STILL WON !

I bet if I look real hard I could find someone who is pissed IGF isn't air conditioned. ::)
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

joe

Please don't assume to know why I was 'pretty quiet last week'. Are you watching for me , Joe ?.. And my trumpet is much preferable to you and your buddy's death dirges.

Only 162 yds, plus 45 from Streveler. No matter, we won.

No returns for a TD- we still won

Too many penalties ?- we still won

Bowman hardly played- we still won

Only 4 sacks- we still won

O'Shea wore shorts-we still won

Faith Ekaktitie was a bad pick- WE STILL WON !

I bet if I look real hard I could find someone who is pissed IGF isn't air conditioned. ::)
Dan38 you have been here a long time. You contribute nothing to any conversation that I have been a part of. Who cares, just win.

It's your board. Do with it as you please.

Lyle B. Style

Re: Bomber attendance

If true, 25,657 is darn good considering it was BC, it was Saturday nite and it was nearly 34 Celsius at game-time.

Don't know how bombers report attendance. TSN has been instructed to refrain from panning wide crowd shots (too much of a tell) so perhaps Wad Miller is now giving up "Happy Numbers" to keep hope alive for the next selling cycle.

Fortunate bombers pretty close to the 19,000 range for season tix (3rd to Regina & Edmonton) and if you pack in 3 paks, 6 paks, etc. you prolly have 22,000 to 22,500 guaranteed for every match - regardless if they show up or not (they're paid for)

Given the circumstances no problems thus far in bomber attendance (1st game a stormer, last nite a heat wave) plus super-early start to Ambrosie CFL season! Not to mention Nichols pre-season injury, Durant making off like a thief in the nite, Streveler next man up and Richie Hall remaining in play.

Wumper

Dan38 you have been here a long time. You contribute nothing to any conversation that I have been a part of. Who cares, just win.

If I may step into this, and having some history in a few good scraps elsewhere, both you guys have some good comment, albeit from different angles, I enjoy both although I often disagree.
It's just someone's opinion....
Illegitimi non carborundum

DAN38

Dan38 you have been here a long time. You contribute nothing to any conversation that I have been a part of. Who cares, just win.

I have an opinion. It's not my fault if you don't like it. Also, my contribution to any conversation is totally dependent on the depth of the thought presented.

Wumper

Lyle, attendance was up there. I sat in comped end zone, the BC sucks crowd was next door, scary consumption....
The 50/50 (ok, 40/40/20 that never seems to end up where its supposed to, but thats for another rant) was 90k. That's usually a good crowd..
Upper deck was 80%, 20 to 20 both sides packed, 1k standing outside the Rum Hut,
500 lined up at the two free water dispensers (for another rant, you dirty buggers)
300 at every ATM, 500 posers just standing in the middle of the walk around, all in all a good sized crowd, I saw the posted attendance, looked around and thought
"WAD, getting honest in your advancing years??"

LetsGoBlue

Great game ! Firing on all cylinders. You can point fingers at how inept BC is all day long, we won and that's what matters. If we played this way every game we would be 4-0 now. I guess all those newcomers to the D had to acclimatize. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

There seems to be a pattern here.

Bombers lose and the sky is falling. All coaches are garbage and players are mopes and draft choices mean soooo much.

Bombers win. Silence...Shhhh.

I agree Dan...I see this board is still the same after a few years.  
Lastnight was a great game, deserves some bragging.  2 great games, sandwiched by a stinker, albiet the great games were against the 2 weakest teams and the stinker against a good team.  Still stuff to be worked out for sure. Loved the Strev short game stuff though!
Bring the pussy cats on again for another one please!

papazoola

Or straight north on Salter to Leila and back down Main would be good as well.

…..And I'll be there with my 'Snuffed the Drought' flag in one hand and waving a garlic ring in the other....Hey...we looked good....Were we Grey Cup good???....I think we'll have to string together a few solid wins against the better teams to convince me......but I thought I saw a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel last night....Solid game by the team....One thing I did notice that didn't sit well was what the heck has happened to Bowman...He was invisible except on one toss to the end zone that he looked disinterested in catching...otherwise...gonzo...He has to show something more than that or that signing was a waste of time....Simonize is in the wings waiting for his time to shine....Insert him if Bowman doesn't want to show up...What else can you say about Bighill..He came up BIG and got Wally squinting on the leo bench...Luved it...Keep it up and we'll give the leo's some more fits in the next one

...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Wumper

So, 2-2, 144-93, now BC on the coast, then Tyranna twice, home and home, then a week 8 bi.
I like it.
The two QB deal is interesting and promising, Harris showed up (I think he read my C plus post...), D seemed to press more, less blitz, the flats weren't as big, Biggie caught more than a couple of BC receivers did, much improvement.
We should beat BC although I expect more out of Wally's world,
Tyranna can definitely give us a couple, we can go into the first bi @ 5-2 with two QB's who can win....
Or it can all go to crap fast.
I'm a Big Blew optimist for the first time in a long while. The second capable QB is all the diff. 
AND that D line/front 7 is something else and has more to show.

wolverine29

I have an opinion. It's not my fault if you don't like it. Also, my contribution to any conversation is totally dependent on the depth of the thought presented.
Keep calm and carry on Dan.  I like reading your stuff.

Passing yards around 200 for the game combined, Harris had a big first half but was quiet in the second half.  Overall, the defense gave the team a shorter field to work with on a few occasions but the offense stagnated a bit in the second half and put up a few too many two and outs for my taste.  I expect the offense to get better with Nichols getting another weeks worth of practice.  The defense was better overall, but again faltered a bit in the third when the offense was again having trouble putting up a few first downs. 

Not a perfect game by any meas, but enough to get the W and keep pace with the rest of the West.  

DAN38

I agree Dan...I see this board is still the same after a few years.  
Lastnight was a great game, deserves some bragging.  2 great games, sandwiched by a stinker, albiet the great games were against the 2 weakest teams and the stinker against a good team.  Still stuff to be worked out for sure. Loved the Strev short game stuff though!
Bring the pussy cats on again for another one please!
   Thanks LetGoBlue. I do remember you are a good poster !

DAN38

Keep calm and carry on Dan.  I like reading your stuff.

Passing yards around 200 for the game combined, Harris had a big first half but was quiet in the second half.  Overall, the defense gave the team a shorter field to work with on a few occasions but the offense stagnated a bit in the second half and put up a few too many two and outs for my taste.  I expect the offense to get better with Nichols getting another weeks worth of practice.  The defense was better overall, but again faltered a bit in the third when the offense was again having trouble putting up a few first downs.

Not a perfect game by any meas, but enough to get the W and keep pace with the rest of the West.  
    Thanks Wolverine. I always like reading your stuff too.

I'm a pretty easy going guy but this Bomber forum is here for us Bomber fans and supposed to be free from attacks. It's sad that it gets attacked from within. I know all is not perfect but when I am a fan, I care about winning. What goes on elsewhere doesn't really matter. If there is subterfuge or graft, the culprits will get caught and will pay in the end. They always do... What is the team doing on the field ? Other stuff is talk for the off-season.... I like what I see on the field. Rumours and innuendo are not my cup of tea.
   This team is exciting !

LetsGoBlue

Thanks LetGoBlue. I do remember you are a good poster !
Man, what happened to this board?  We used to be able to talk about each game, now it's like tumbleweeds just hours before a kickoff.  
I left because our board was inundated with Als fans giving us advice on how our team could be better, funny that their board is now up in arms about one of their own jumping ship and still posting . 
HfX - why did you pick the Esk's man, should've been the Bombers!

DAN38

This loss on O"Shea. Stupid calls to go for it instead of FGs. BC was struggling and the 6 points would have been more of a climb back. Dumb horse collar call on Jeffcoat didn't help either. BC got a LOT of help on chintzy penalty calls too...I hate losing this way.

There aren't many posters here because if you don't say something negative all the time, they don't want to participate.

Users Online

109 Guests, 14 Users (16 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Katmandu, cividan, MadJack, disciplineandpunish, Taleback, DisplacedCatsFan, VICIOUSCIRCLE, rshmglsky, Grover, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)