papazoola

.......Don't know how much room we have on the roster or cash but I would expect to see a linebacker, receiver and db brought in for a look during our bye....areas we can surely do better in...We are looking more like a destination in the league now...Players can smell the cash and a trade option is still out there, although we don't go down that road very often....The Willy one was a dilly....now if we can work out another one like that??? ;D
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

Don't think we'll ever see the likes of the trade which shipped Super-Mope Drew Willy to the argos for an all-star DB and the #1 overall draft pick.

The only alternative in Wpg. would have been to cut Willy outright and his ridiculous $400,000+ salary.

The guy is semi-serviceable as a CFL backup - not much more!

In retrospect the bombers biggest conquest was dumping the fat contract.

TJ Heath is the 3rd or 4th best bomber DB right now - none of them are super coverage or super tacklers but playing in Rich Hall's prevent D, all can shine.

The #1 draft pick turned out to be a bust - the mainstream bomber media (Irving, Tait, Hamilton, Westwood, Walby, Bauming, Wyman, Friesen, etc.) don't seem to be on their game and have ignored Faith Ekakities struggles to be a decent DT. He's NOT. Eventually he'll wash out of the league and the idiotic choice will be forgotten. Not be me!

Other than some questionable defensive coaching and Sam Hurl this bomber season might be the best since 2001. When the top bomber critic's main criticism centres around botched drafting you know the team is good.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

wolverine29

MOS has created a low stress room, no apparent head cases, has the Specials in fine shape, hell
I think the specials are good when we are kicking, for the most part.  We've been susceptible to break downs too often on kick coverage IMO.  The Banjo bowl game coverage was solid, but over the course of the season we've given up a number of big returns.  Looking down the road, if we get into a playoff game vs the Stamps, their returner is solid and if we're not solid in that area that will just make it that much harder to pull out a win.

Wumper

Good comment, agreed.
With a stud MLB we could move Hurl off to the specials and it all just gets better.
MOS sounds pretty high on his Teams coach and you gotta admit, bombers short kicks, coverage, mis-direct, has been just fine. Yes, kick coverage could be better, however every team has had missed kick covers.
All in all, I say get that stud, stay healthy and we're going far.

Users Online

111 Guests, 9 Users (11 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, bohdon, bobo82, The Last Word, Grover, danoc_86, rhymes with orange, mrbean5411, Yahoo!, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)