papazoola

Both Durant and Bowman were indeed free agents. Both were released and free to sign anywhere.
You shouldn't expect to  fill every need through FA.
You have an existing roster of young developing players not yet starters, you have a scouting staff to recruit for TC and the draft to also free holes with a much cheaper and younger group.
.....I was talking about free agency ...you know the one that opened today....Besides we are just announcing a flurry of signings so hang in there....Fenner and Lafrance...Fenner is a very good acquisition....most likely we're not done yet
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Wumper

Perhaps not related to today's business but does anyone else conclude that Walter's hiring of Ryan Rigmaiden as "Director of College Scouting" and based in North Carolina, is a less than subtle message to Danny Mac that its time to see some serious scouting results?
Big Mac has had a bit of a free pass, despite some not so stellar scouting results, do I smell the frying pan heating up?
Illegitimi non carborundum

papazoola

.....Argo's are letting Woods walk apparently as they have said they won't go market value....I bet Kyle is bending his ear

papazoola

Perhaps not related to today's business but does anyone else conclude that Walter's hiring of Ryan Rigmaiden as "Director of College Scouting" and based in North Carolina, is a less than subtle message to Danny Mac that its time to see some serious scouting results?
Big Mac has had a bit of a free pass, despite some not so stellar scouting results, do I smell the frying pan heating up?
.....Very astute.....there have been rumblings about Danny's less than stellar performance....If he wasn't so tight with O'Shea and Walters I'd say he'd have been sent packing awhile ago..

joe

Jersey sales are going to rock. HMMMM 

Chandler Bing come on down.

The old bitcoin machine must be smoking.

Solid day for the Blue and Gold. 

Lyle B. Style

Iron Maiden hasn't made much of a stir thus far in terms of U.S. Scouting - perhaps it takes a few years so that peeps know you're a pro scout, not the local pizza delivery boy.

As for Big Mac - I suspect he bought the remains of Joe Mack's No-Doz estate. Macmanus has been running on empty for the better part of 3 years - very limited success in terms of finding hi-grade American players. Bet he's better at cashing his bomber cheques regularly!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

there have been rumblings about Danny's less than stellar performance....If he wasn't so tight with O'Shea and Walters I'd say he'd have been sent packing awhile ago..
I had to check that myself to see who was reporting to who. Danny Mac is listed as Assistant GM.

If Rigmaiden gave the Bombers an edge with Fenner than he is a guy we have been needing for a while. 

Gotta like

papazoola

Solid day for the Blue and Gold.
.....Hey we ain't done yet

wolverine29

Looks like Dunk changed the amounts on the Demski deal from his original tweet and raised it a bit.  Saw Lafrance got about $80K base, which is good value from what the Riders gave him last year.  

Fenner looks to be a good add as well, bit taller than the earlier ex-Lions signings Clarke and Gaitor, plus he can play multiple positions which will be useful in disguising coverages.  I'm curious to see how the new additions pan out.  Certainly the players we had last year gave up a lot of big  plays.  But we've retooled with three guys coming from a team who's defence was only marginally better in yards allowed per game and gave up the third most points in the CFL last year.  Fenner may be the better of that trio.

International MLB as stated remains a need.  They resigned Wild and Santos-Knox really came on late in the year.  Since they can't play both, I wonder if they look to try plug Santos-Knox in that spot and see if he can run with it, or try find one through their US FA camps if Walters can't get the deal he wants.

With Westerman all but gone (reported the Bombers haven't kept in touch today at all), we'll need another edge rusher to fill his spot.  Another National receiver, though that could come via the draft.  And if Christophe Normand leaves then maybe another National FB/LB type to help out on specials.

Wumper

It seems to me Walters has rearranged the deck chairs in order to allow us a NI MLB. I hope so.
Danny The Mac is on the clock. 
His replacement waits in the wings.
I'd bet it gets messy.
If there is anything WAD shouldn't stand by and watch anymore, its a soft D. 

DAN38

Gotta say I'm liking what I'm seeing. Guys are out there and we are making moves...If only we could trade for Coombs, that would make a quartet of homegrowns.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Lyle B. Style

It seems to me Walters has rearranged the deck chairs in order to allow us a NI MLB. I hope so.
Danny The Mac is on the clock.
His replacement waits in the wings.
I'd bet it gets messy.
If there is anything WAD shouldn't stand by and watch anymore, its a soft D.
Wad really doesn't care that much about a Soft D - so long as the team can infringe on the 20,000 +/- season ticket count - sell out the Westwood Bowl and avg. 4,000 to 6,500 walk-ups or pre-sales for the balance. (ie. around 26,500 to 27,000 avg. gate.

Wad's mind is pre-occupied with beer & dog sales, IGF advertising, the odd 25,000 concert and other sponsorship opportunities. Wins or losses are really not part of his job vocabulary anymore!

joe

Check Corey Watson off the list. No one else other then the old ex gm but good on him to land the gig. Can see him helping BC with pass protection and the running game.

Also glad for Drew Willy to see him resigned and think it is a good move by Kavis if there is such a thing. I would have picked Willy over Durant and over Davis in Ottawa. Kind of thought he might be headed to Calgary but maybe Buckley is the real deal. From what I saw of Willy last year he has addressed the hanging on to the ball issue. Would love to know the details of the contract.

Signing Messam leaves even less room for Marcus Thigpen in Sask and that dude can run. Would love to see him come over as a returner / specialty play guy and know we have Fogg and Lankford who do similar stuff.

Bombers appear to be on their way to fielding a solid team. Won't it be crazy if it comes down to coaching.

joe

Who goes after Henoc?
N MLB, just what we all are hoping for. Big long arms and a pain in the butt.
Pretty sure me first won't work with Winnipeg but if you were putting a team together to win it all you may make exceptions. Muamba got a lot of praise for his play late in the season. Obviously he has talent.

Lyle B. Style

Who goes after Henoc?
N MLB, just what we all are hoping for. Big long arms and a pain in the butt.
Pretty sure me first won't work with Winnipeg but if you were putting a team together to win it all you may make exceptions. Muamba got a lot of praise for his play late in the season. Obviously he has talent.
Quick note: WE WON'T

Form chart on Walters/Wad is they'll make a quick call to Henoc's agent to see where the starting point is, ask to verify it - and then slink off into the CFL sunset.

No offer for Muamba from these parts - I suspect he'll be grabbed by Edmonton or an eastern team - most likely Ottawa, who want to fortify their defense.

Price is everything as I suspect Henoc will ask for another NFL go if he can't get to his personal CFL salary target (which I suspect is in the $215 to $235k area.

FINAL NOTE: Bombers passing out in the women's washroom on both Bear Woods and Muamba tells you more about bomber mgmt. than about these two stud players!

Users Online

116 Guests, 11 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rshmglsky, Chestmaster, mycko75, Grover, Grimzby, TravelPat1, oo DAWG oo, Chewbaccamonkeylunch, Count Floyd, Stampeder67, xlnt, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 137. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)