Lyle B. Style

Henoc = The Missing Link to a Grey Cup win . . . . .

even with the most inexperienced head coach in the CFL (don't go by longest-serving, O'Shea has a ton of coaching warts, some of which are not going to disappear on command)
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

everyman

Outside of his original stint in Winnipeg why has Muaba been outright released by every pro team he has ever been on. Why is that...just because he will never agree to a cut in pay?

Lyle B. Style

Outside of his original stint in Winnipeg why has Muaba been outright released by every pro team he has ever been on. Why is that...just because he will never agree to a cut in pay?
Muamba (and his agents, family) have a track record of taking teams to the 11th hour (and beyond) in order to maximize pay.

Can't say I blame him - but at this point he really appears to be a glorified hobo who is unable to settle in any one place for very long.

His rookie PLUS stint in Winnipeg is probably his longest tenure.

He bounced on and off the Indianapolis reserve and starting roster for almost 2 years.

The guy is 29 - he's probably just at his peak as a football player - he's trying to take as much money as he can into retirement.

If he couldn't play football don't like his chances in the workplace - 1-800-TRASH isn't hiring - they want investor/contractors!

joe

O'Shea has to step up to coach Muamba, 
Excellent point.

papazoola

.....Having witnessed how negotiations take place and watching the chess game that agents play, I'm not surprised to see how long it's taking for Muamba to land somewhere...Playing both ends against the middle is par for the course...ratcheting up the ask, depending on how many interested parties there are... this could be awhile...All things being considered, we should be front and centre....However ...locale (playing close to home) could also be a deal maker or breaker...IF Muamba is asking for the moon, I think we're going to walk on a deal...IF we're in close proximity to an offer from a weaker team, I would say it's a no-brainer...'Welcome back to the Bomber fold Henoc', would be/should be the headline
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

joe

No doubt there are lots of i's to dot with this guy but it seems Walters has painted himself into a corner by letting Hurl go before having a replacement or a plan. Probably a one year deal and they can do it all again next year. Can't imagine the spin if they don't get it done.

I know they are excited about Frank Renaud. I like him too.

Lyle B. Style

No doubt there are lots of i's to dot with this guy but it seems Walters has painted himself into a corner by letting Hurl go before having a replacement or a plan. Probably a one year deal and they can do it all again next year. Can't imagine the spin if they don't get it done.

I know they are excited about Frank Renaud. I like him too.
Hurl is no loss. He's a slightly above average special teamer - but he's woefully under-powered as a run-stopping MLB; pass coverage skills are very average in short to intermediate coverage - probably one of the most physically weak players I've seen in a bomber uniform since Wad Miller played!

joe

Hurl is no loss.
Won't deny Hurl was not the second coming and yet MOS was adamant in his support of Hurls play throughout his time in Winnipeg. On again, off again starter for the past 4 seasons and a good special teamer. If he was your guy, letting him walk without a plan just seems lame, if the plan was stop gap and recruit better than it can be back on the scouting, which is also lame. I cringed the day O'Shea said it was time for Hurl to be a starter. 4 years later he is gone and it is business as usual. What is up with that?

I think they will find a way to cook the books and sign Muamba and I feel better about the talent mostly thanks to Andrew Harris wanting to come back and the leadership he shows. The jury is still out on O'Shea being the guy to coach imo.

Hoping for a big year but not seeing Grey Cup until this gets straightened away.

Good idea to host another Grey Cup.  $$$

Lyle B. Style

Hurl is no loss.
Won't deny Hurl was not the second coming and yet MOS was adamant in his support of Hurls play throughout his time in Winnipeg. On again, off again starter for the past 4 seasons and a good special teamer. If he was your guy, letting him walk without a plan just seems lame, if the plan was stop gap and recruit better than it can be back on the scouting, which is also lame. I cringed the day O'Shea said it was time for Hurl to be a starter. 4 years later he is gone and it is business as usual. What is up with that?

I think they will find a way to cook the books and sign Muamba and I feel better about the talent mostly thanks to Andrew Harris wanting to come back and the leadership he shows. The jury is still out on O'Shea being the guy to coach imo.

Hoping for a big year but not seeing Grey Cup until this gets straightened away.

Good idea to host another Grey Cup.  $$$
Leaders (like O'Shea) sometimes fasten themselves to a world of denial. His repeated faith and endorsement of Hurl was rather pathetic in face of the obvious performance deficiencies - but admirable in the way O'Shea backs his troops, even his worst performers!

DAN38

Custer backed his troops too ! He was admirable too, but...... ;)
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Wumper

Custer was a rum soaked Civil War left-over with a bad attitude who allowed his band of thugs to terrorize the Indian camp. There is history they raped the women. The collective response didn't go well for him. "The Fighting Sioux" may well be derived from the group who dealt with Custer.
As for backing his troops, the cartridges from his gun did appear to fall behind his men. So........, agreed, he stood behind his men, but probably using them as a shield.

There is nothing admirable about Custer. He didn't get what he deserved, he deserved more.

Thanks, I feel better, same time next week?

Illegitimi non carborundum

DAN38

Custer was a rum soaked Civil War left-over with a bad attitude who allowed his band of thugs to terrorize the Indian camp. There is history they raped the women. The collective response didn't go well for him. "The Fighting Sioux" may well be derived from the group who dealt with Custer.
As for backing his troops, the cartridges from his gun did appear to fall behind his men. So........, agreed, he stood behind his men, but probably using them as a shield.

There is nothing admirable about Custer. He didn't get what he deserved, he deserved more.

It was just a joke comparing him to O'Shea. Everyone knows Custer, good or bad. If I had chosen another infamous character from history, some would not recognize him... I don't care one bit for Custer but the Americans sure do. Hero status down there.

DAN38

It was just a joke comparing him to O'Shea. Everyone knows Custer, good or bad. If I had chosen another infamous character from history, some would not recognize him... I don't care one bit for Custer but the Americans sure do. Hero status down there.

I  forgot to mention the irony of Custer that although he treated the natives poorly, he risked his life many times in Civil War battles to free the black slaves.

papazoola

......I think things are heating up with regards to a Muamba signing.....He was wined and dined for three days...Had a steak at Hy's and toured the IGF facility....again...His tweets today sound positive....says he wants to make things work...I would say it's just a matter of time (maybe today) that we make it official...It's going to be a big relief to this fan to know the middle of our D just got a whole lot better, if and when Bombers make the announcement

DAN38

I sure am looking forward to seeing him play for us again, Papa. What a difference to what we had. Should see results instantly. Let's get him and go for the prize....3 days of schmoozing, whew.

Users Online

91 Guests, 7 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Count Floyd, Chewbaccamonkeylunch, Stampeder67, xlnt, mycko75, Grover, letsgoticats, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 132. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)