wolverine29

Never mind Demski, let's get Messam. Ok, get Demski too. The more Canadians, the better.
Based on reporting is sure seems like Demski is target 1 or 1A.  Signing him would actually make it easier to start an international at MLB.  I think it's quite telling that Sam Hurl hasn't been resigned to this point.  It seems to suggest they aren't going to be giving him starter money anymore.  Assuming the Blue sign Demski and keep another Nat like Coates in the starting group, we may need another national receiver for depth in case of injury.  JFG is a pending FA and our current roster has Wolitarisky and a pick from last years draft as the only depth.  I don't see them being interested in Watson.  I think Walters and Osh like him, but he gets injured too often.

Messam would be fun to watch and pair with Harris, but I don't see it in the cards.  The money will be too much.  Rumor was he'd return to Sask, but it sounds like they are pretty tight against the cap.  Not sure who can pay him what he may be looking for.  I wonder if Kienan Lafrance would be an option.  I can see $ being a problem there.  He parlayed a big playoff and a Grey Cup performance into a good contract from the Riders, but he was overpaid.  The fact he hasn't signed yet since his release may suggest he wants too much money.  I'm not sure how they would fit him in with Harris and Flanders, but that would be a problem I think a good OC would like to have.

Some intriguing options at MLB - Taylor Reed, Larry Dean, and Bear Woods among them.  All three I think would fit this D.  Khalil Bass would not.  They let him walk because he didn't fit at MLB and it didn't sound like the Blue were interested all that much when Bass forced his release from the Redblacks.  Dark horse in Deron Mayo gambling he can return to form from injury?  Adam Konar is a pending FA from the Esks.  He looked pretty good and has room to grow. 

I like the Bowman signing.  He's cut down on his drop rate since he left the BnG years ago.  He has some familiarity with Nichols.  More importantly, he's a veteran and our lack of experience at receiver exposed last year when Adams and Dressler were out with injuries and others like Denmark weren't able to step it up at crucial times. 

I'm not sold on the idea of Neufeld replacing Bond.  I get the benefit of switching back to 3 Nats on the Oline, but for my taste he's still too inconsistent.  The other issue is I don't think you can rely on him to play 18 games given his history.  Thankfully we have a bit more depth now at Nat Oline, and really he could still lose out his spot to an import like Foketi if they can make the ratio work still.  I wouldn't be surprised too if we see Geoff Gray coming up by the end of the year.  He's with the Browns now and let's face it, if he doesn't make it to camp and at least end up on the PR out of training camp, his prospects would be all but finished for now in the NFL.  Not a lot of NFL GMs lining up to sign players who can't make the Browns.

I would like to see them still retain Jake Thomas.  He's a steady performer and had a nice year in 2017.  Heath would be nice too, but with the other DB signings of late it seems his fate is sealed.  Westerman may be priced out of Winnipeg.  Does he jump ship to BC to play with his brother?

papazoola

.......Fogg has just lifted around Kevin and he has been re-signed to a one-year stay in the Peg...Keeping their options open with Westerman but I think if we go big in fa for a stud MLB, he could be history.... ::)
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

joe

So little time to go it seems silly to speculate but the Jamaal Westerman to Montreal rumour is one I can see having something to it. If playing together as brothers was ever something on the list of things to do then this is the time to do it.

All kinds of positives in it for the Als including a formidable pair of pass rushers that you know will want to do well. Will be seen as a positive for the fan base who need something.

Winnipeg got a few good years out of JW if that is it. Plenty of stirring things up but one who always needed to be watched closely on the field. Very good player but no cup I wish him well and hope he has a couple of good years left.

Can see John Bowman liking it if true.

papazoola

....I think Mont. picks up Westerman as well...and hope to heck we pick up Dean...That would be a good trade off all things considering....Demski looks like a sure thing (if there's such a thing in this league) and I;m hearing we might be looking Purifoy's way ::)

Lyle B. Style

....I think Mont. picks up Westerman as well...and hope to heck we pick up Dean...That would be a good trade off all things considering....Demski looks like a sure thing (if there's such a thing in this league) and I;m hearing we might be looking Purifoy's way ::)
On paper Demski would be great - but his MPIC Damage record is rather disconcerting. Maybe he could be a reverse Cory Watson - Watson the high bomber draft pick who missed game after game to a variety of maladies but after traded to Edmonton hasn't missed a minute - playing special teams, too!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

papazoola

.....Dean re-ups in Ham......that leaves Woods or we have to bring in a Rigmaiden diamond in the ruff....Slim pickens at mlb and that is sad cuz that's where we need help the most...

papazoola

......Demski comes home officially....I like the signing and now his real football career begins lol....I'm expecting big things from the kid in bluengold

joe

Definite solid on the Demski deal. Home town guys are good things.

Bear Woods still out there makes me wonder who is in on the bidding. Did not even give him a second thought when the Als cut him but times change.

Taylor Reed ?

wolverine29

Demski signed, 1 year deal only.  Dunk reporting around $130K with $30K in signing bonus.  Would have liked a 2 year deal at least, but most players are going to sign 1 yr deals these days.

Montreal will have a lot of money to spend.  They lost a couple of potential targets I think earlier today, especially with Ted Laurent and Larry Dean re-upping in Hamilton.  I would think it's even more likely they pay Westerman a lot of money (previously I said he'd join his brother in BC, forgot he was in Montreal now, my bad).  Wouldn't be surprised to see them nab TJ Heath as well.  

Probably one of the quieter starts to FA in recent memory, not a lot of movement, and not a lot of rumors as to which teams players may be talking to.  We may not hear anything about a FA linebacker for a few days maybe.  Looks like Konar is sticking in Edmonton.  Thought he'd make a great fallback option and a lower price if Woods and Reed signed elsewhere.

papazoola

.....Argo's and Mont. in on Heath....Westerman likely going to Mont....Other than Demski we've been quiet....so far

everyman

.....Argo's and Mont. in on Heath....Westerman likely going to Mont....Other than Demski we've been quiet....so far
Quiet?? You've signed Demski. AND you should be counting Durant and Bowman as well. 
I'd say you've been LOUD. And done I'd say. Time to rely on who you already have and recruiting and the draft. A team like BB shouldn't be building too much from FA. You've just added 3 of the top pieces that have been available through that route.

papazoola

Quiet?? You've signed Demski. AND you should be counting Durant and Bowman as well.
I'd say you've been LOUD. And done I'd say. Time to rely on who you already have and recruiting and the draft. A team like BB shouldn't be building too much from FA. You've just added 3 of the top pieces that have been available through that route.
....Why the hell would you count Durant and Bowman....they're not fa signings....We need a Middle Linebacker and anyone who thinks we can get by with what we were fielding last year is in la la land.

everyman

Both Durant and Bowman were indeed free agents. Both were released and free to sign anywhere.
You shouldn't expect to  fill every need through FA.
You have an existing roster of young developing players not yet starters, you have a scouting staff to recruit for TC and the draft to also free holes with a much cheaper and younger group.

Lyle B. Style

Don't like Bear Woods chances coming to Wpg. O'Shea & Green Lantern (Walters) like clean-cutters. Woods with the dreadlocks doesn't fit the image. And The Bear himself has been around the league long enough to know how uptight Walters & O'Shea (particularly O'Shea) are about personal conduct and grooming!

Wumper

The way I see it now, NOS can start 11 NI's on D. 
I guess its time to see what our Scouts can find for the missing link, a stud MLB.
If the scouts don't, punt them.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Users Online

65 Guests, 7 Users (5 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, White stallion gallops, GernB, ExPat, heapbag, papazoola, Google (4), Baidu

Most Online Today: 106. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)